PDA

View Full Version : Rock Out when riding?

ffejtable
01-17-2008, 08:56 PM
I've been known to listen to some tunes while riding and feeding music into my chatterbox wasnt cutting it for me at highway speeds, and with the D&D I used to have...

I invested some money in a set of Philips Earbuds that I liked, but they had a tendancy to get knocked out easily.

Been keeping my eye on the prices of the JVC Marshmallow earbuds, that get decent reviews, and looked perfect for riding with their "earplug" design..

Anyway they dropped to $10 at Circuit City.. Check em out...

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/JVC-Marshmallow-Soft-Inner-Ear-Headphones-HAFX33B/sem/rpsm/oid/163598/catOid/-12938/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

CBRBob
01-17-2008, 11:09 PM
Yes, good earplug style earbud speakers cut the noise tremendously and fit well. I noticed some of the fat foam earbuds are painful taking the helmet off but the Shures that I have work perfectly. They are a bit more than $10 though LOL.

FDNYDANO18
01-17-2008, 11:13 PM
eventually I'm gonna try to buy some of those custom fitted earplugs they sell at the bike show...I keep meaning to,I just don't feel like waiting around for them

Lucky7
01-17-2008, 11:17 PM
Yes, good earplug style earbud speakers cut the noise tremendously and fit well. I noticed some of the fat foam earbuds are painful taking the helmet off but the Shures that I have work perfectly. They are a bit more than $10 though LOL.

Hoe do those things work blocking out the wind noise? I wouldn't mind some tunes especially on the superslabs to get to the twisties but I ride with plugs for a little bit of noise protection.

CBRBob
01-17-2008, 11:24 PM
They are pretty good. The foam surrounds have less noise but are a bitch with the helmet. The ones that have several rubber flanges work better but have slightly more noise. Supposedly the custom ones they make at the show are the real deal. If you mess them up, they have your 'earmolds' on hand to make new ones too!

SAXON117
01-18-2008, 07:45 AM
I use these because I always had problems with them falling out while putting on my helmet.
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee102/saxon117/earfones.jpg

lateapex
01-18-2008, 09:54 AM
I used a few for the foam pad ones but they come loose and I tried mounting them in the helmet but never could get them loud enough to hear other then when stopped. I grabbed a set of the JVC gels that seem to stay in my ears and are loud enough to hear almost all the time. I only ride on the track but at full race pace the wind and engine noise drown them out, which is good because my attention is elsewhere at that pace. :)

CBRChick
01-18-2008, 11:16 AM
My bf and I have speakers installed into our helmets so we just "plug and play" to our ipods. No worries with painful head phones/earbuds and it's loud enough at high speeds to still be able to hear the music.

ffejtable
01-18-2008, 11:19 AM
For $10 I am not terribly worried about these things breaking or getting lost. You can actually jam them in pretty good and they do a pretty good job isolating external noise like ear plugs would do. They fit much like earplugs do.

I have no idea how you fit those headphones into your helmet Sax... Anything "bigger" than earbuds eventually create pressure points for me..

The sound is actually pretty good, but im also not the audiophile Cbrbob is. :)

Anybody else listen to 80s while riding? :)

Stuff like Disturbed tends to get me in trouble...

lateapex
01-18-2008, 12:00 PM

AC/DC. Bad Co, Cheap Trick, Deep Purple, Mellencamp, Meatloaf, Offspring, Queen, Papa Roach, sum41, The Knack, and Van Halen are in my ears on the track. Along with Wolfmother, Seether, Stone sour, Red Jumpsuit, The Killers, Puddle of Mudd, Nickelback, kid rock, Hinder, Fall out Boy, Buckcherry and Finger11. Lastly Springsteen and Glen Burtnick.

SPRHK
01-18-2008, 02:18 PM
I am totally different from everyone here. The pipes on my v-twin barking out their music is enough for me. I think that I would find the music distracting.

BadKitty
01-18-2008, 03:58 PM
I'm just waiting for bluetooth enabled helmets to go down in price!

ronin_01r1
01-18-2008, 04:16 PM
i haven't tried riding with music, but now that i got an ipod i may consider it. i heard you can get the shure headphones on ebay for pretty cheap.

Xracer264
01-18-2008, 05:21 PM
eventually I'm gonna try to buy some of those custom fitted earplugs they sell at the bike show...I keep meaning to,I just don't feel like waiting around for them

A fellow instructor has the custom earplugs and he loves them plus the vendor repaired them at no cost last year at the show.

CBRBob
01-18-2008, 11:25 PM
A fellow instructor has the custom earplugs and he loves them plus the vendor repaired them at no cost last year at the show.

Ant-nee, the ranger-fag :gay:

ZeRo_C0oL
01-19-2008, 08:14 PM
Skull Candy are the best in my experience! $15 at Target.

SAXON117
01-22-2008, 11:59 AM
For $10 I am not terribly worried about these things breaking or getting lost. You can actually jam them in pretty good and they do a pretty good job isolating external noise like ear plugs would do. They fit much like earplugs do.

I have no idea how you fit those headphones into your helmet Sax... Anything "bigger" than earbuds eventually create pressure points for me..

The sound is actually pretty good, but im also not the audiophile Cbrbob is. :)

What are you listening to?..........Winger? :lol:

Kennedy
01-22-2008, 01:35 PM
Are headphones allowed on the track? I don't think so but I just want to see if someone knows for sure.

lateapex
01-22-2008, 02:22 PM
Are headphones allowed on the track? I don't think so but I just want to see if someone knows for sure.

TPM didn't allow them last year, for the first time. Not sure on this year with TPM , check the rule book when it comes out. I didn't use the last year, don't want to break the rules you know.

Marker54
01-22-2008, 04:34 PM
My bf and I have speakers installed into our helmets so we just "plug and play" to our ipods. No worries with painful head phones/earbuds and it's loud enough at high speeds to still be able to hear the music.

This sounds like a great idea.

I went through a stage of riding with music, but it kind of makes me either ride too aggressively or even too lackadaisical (not focusing enough.)

The peace and quiet I think helps me ride better and feel more relaxed when i'm out.

ffejtable
02-02-2008, 11:18 AM
BUMP..

On sale again, for those who may have wanted to pick them up last time and missed it.