PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry 8700g and Windows Vista

ronin_01r1
01-08-2008, 10:03 AM
Help!

I tried installing the CD that came with it but it doesn't recognize the Blackberry when I connect it via USB plug. It says there's not enough power to charge. Does this mean I need the Blackberry charging station?

Does anyone know if and what software I can download from the Blackberry website to get it to work with Windows Vista..?

Thanks!!

ffejtable
01-08-2008, 10:58 AM
Try a different USB port if you have one... Some of them are not powered, or do not offer enough power for some external devices. This might be your problem...

jcblitz
01-08-2008, 11:02 AM
Try a different USB port if you have one... Some of them are not powered, or do not offer enough power for some external devices. This might be your problem...

Specifically on the Macbook Pros, the right USB is on the same controller as the key/board mouse so it doesn't provide consistent power to some devices, I've had my mobile external drive power down a few times because of that.

ronin_01r1
01-08-2008, 03:28 PM
i have 2 up front and 4 in the back. i tried both in the front and 1 in the back. i can try another one in the back. i don't think that's it since i'm able to charge my ipod and garmin gps with either usb in the front. i'll give it another try tonight.

thanks.

jcblitz
01-08-2008, 03:49 PM
i have 2 up front and 4 in the back. i tried both in the front and 1 in the back. i can try another one in the back. i don't think that's it since i'm able to charge my ipod and garmin gps with either usb in the front. i'll give it another try tonight.

thanks.

Well I got 16 in the clip and one in the hole. Nate dogg is about to make...wait, that's something else.

Just because it's charging doesn't mean the throughput of data is there. But regardless, I doubt it's a power issue. If vista is involved, it's probably a vista problem.

Cakes206
01-08-2008, 03:54 PM
If vista is involved, it's probably a vista problem.
You must have a MAC.

ronin_01r1
01-08-2008, 03:55 PM
If vista is involved, it's probably a vista problem.

that's what i'm afraid of. i'll try it on my old pc with xp.

ffejtable
01-08-2008, 04:01 PM
Most USB ports do supply power, although the mac issue was the one I vaguely remembered. Generally the inability to supply power to a device like a blackberry, which is already self powered would only prevent the USB cable from being able to charge the connected device. It should still be able to transfer data.

Vista could very well be the culprit, I missed that in the first message, and a google search for blackberry and vista will probably result in a works worth of reading.

I won't touch Vista, mostly it seems to create more problems while fixing none. I like my XP just the way it is.