PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever create a LLC?

jcblitz
01-01-2008, 10:59 PM
In my 2008 todo list is finally registering my consulting company as a LLC in Pennsylvania. Does anyone have any experience doing this? I found a few companies that will do it for about $200, but I don't know how much they're charging in "fees" (and who knows how much in hidden fees on top fo that) vs how much it costs to do it by yourself through the state. I found some pretty crappy info at http://www.dos.state.pa.us/corps/cwp/view.asp?a=1093&q=431273 which I'll give a more thorough look at tomorrow (hey, it's only the 1st of 2008) but I doubt it will be very specific.

ffejtable
01-02-2008, 11:45 AM
A friend and myself registered a company (I believe it was LLC) about 10 years ago.. It was as easy as going to the county clerks office and filling out some paperwork...

I don't know how it works in PA, and I have no idea what they would even be charging for...

Marker54
01-02-2008, 01:28 PM
Once you get it all figured out, give me the opportunity to quote your LLC's insurance. Our rates for growing consulting firms are excellent!

jcblitz
01-02-2008, 01:48 PM
Once you get it all figured out, give me the opportunity to quote your LLC's insurance. Our rates for growing consulting firms are excellent!

My insurance policy is to run to Mexico.

Marker54
01-02-2008, 01:56 PM
:cool:

O yeah..Option B...forgot about that!

soda7o
01-03-2008, 12:46 PM
why LLC not S corp?
i got buddies that are accountants and helped me set my copr up in PA... they can do the same for you
not sure how much LLC cost in PA but i know in NYC its pretty expensive...

what are the benifits of LLC over S corp?

wht type of business are you doing?
i have had my corp for abotu 5 year sin Both NY and PA so if you have any questions shoot me an email or something

jcblitz
01-03-2008, 01:03 PM
why LLC not S corp?
i got buddies that are accountants and helped me set my copr up in PA... they can do the same for you
not sure how much LLC cost in PA but i know in NYC its pretty expensive...

what are the benifits of LLC over S corp?

wht type of business are you doing?
i have had my corp for abotu 5 year sin Both NY and PA so if you have any questions shoot me an email or something

From how I understand it, S corps are better if you plan on employing people and having a board of directors type setup (actually, I think that is required). There is also more paper formalities and record keeping as well and require profit to be distributed according to percentage ownership. An LLC seems more flexible for the setup I want, a partnership where you keep what you bring in. I might have to subcontract at times but I don't think that will play a big role in LLC vs S Corp.