PDA

View Full Version : SCAM or no..?

John712
12-29-2007, 06:21 PM
I posted my car on Craigslist the other day, I got a few e-mails, maybe 6 or 7 in which I replied to and still in contact with some, but I also got this e-mail, what do you think.?

Hello Seller,

In response to your item posted for sale. I am an agent interested in making an immediate purchase of it.

After several consideration over the advert placed on the website, my client who has really shown interest in it and would want to issue the payment.

But before I proceed on this transaction I will like to ask some question as follows.

1. Is the condition of the item what you have describe it to be ?

2. What is the final asking prize you can go at last ?

3. Do you accept a certified cheque/money order as a mode of payment ?

4,Can the picture send to me via email for proper view?

Also I would like to restate clearly that this item will be shipped to Australia and I have a shipping agent who would take good care of this. You are to cash the Check you will recieve and deduct the funds for the sales of your item and please have the excess funds sent to the shipping agent in order to schedule the pick up of the item.

All neccesary transfer papers will be dully signed by the shipper on behalf of my client when the shipping agents comes for the pick up of the item .

I will be willing to entertain more of your questions that might arise, please provide your

FULL NAME:
MAILING ADDRESS :
PHONE NUMBER :

So that I can have it forwarded to my client for immediate payment issuance
Looking forward to hear from you.

Regards.

Tom Marley

Cakes206
12-29-2007, 06:25 PM
Hello Seller,

In response to your item posted for sale. I am an agent interested in making an immediate purchase of it.

That right there is a dead giveaway..I didn't even have to read the rest. Respond saying nice try scammer, your mother should be proud.

jcblitz
12-29-2007, 06:30 PM
Tell him there is a US $20 application fee to buy the car that must be paid in cash. The first person to submit the application and the fee will be awarded the right to buy the car, no questions asked.

BTW, you have to be kidding that you don't know that is a scam.

tommymac
12-29-2007, 06:31 PM
At least hes not sending it to nigeria LOL

Tom

Chris
12-29-2007, 09:55 PM
Scam

hector113
12-29-2007, 09:57 PM
Scam. I hade the same thing when I posted my bike in the Auto Shopper.

SAXON117
12-30-2007, 09:16 AM
I go the same exact email when I list one of my old bikes :lol:

JimRBlue
12-30-2007, 07:06 PM
John... you actually had doubts????

:doh: :banghead: :fail: :runaway:

sonny
12-31-2007, 09:13 AM
lol

carl_g
12-31-2007, 09:50 AM