PDA

View Full Version : 3000 Sq Ft Workshop / Garage / Office for Rent - North Jersey- CHEAP!!!!

Onedwn5up
09-19-2007, 12:34 PM
Please See The Link to My Craigslist Ad for more pictures and to email me directly! Or use the email link below. DO NOT PM ME!!!!

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/off/425978625.html

$1700 Garage Office Workshop w/ Roll door & Lobby -Very Unique!
Reply to: hous-425978625@craigslist.org
Date: 2007-09-19, 11:01AM EDT

LOCATION: 388 North 11th Street, prospect park, NJ 07508 (Click to go to Google Maps) http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=388+North+11th+Street,+prospect+park,+NJ+07508&sll=40.937217,-74.171336&sspn=0.007181,0.014591&ie=UTF8&ll=40.938075,-74.17134&spn=0.007181,0.014591&z=16&om=1
Close to RT 20, 80, 208, 287,4, 19 & the GSP
Great neighborhood! Safe Area!

NO REALTORS, BROKERS OR ADDITIONAL FEES- DEAL OWNER-DIRECT
*This space is available as soon as October 15th* possibly sooner

$1700/Month - This is a lot for the money!!!!!!

Very unique and interesting space! I am sad to leave after all the work I have done to this place but I am moving in to a new home that is large enough for all my toys and my business, so I have to let this place go. I originally got this space due to a need to work on and store all my motorcycles, tools and toys. I also ran my small business out of this location using the office space up front. The entire space was painted when I moved in, including a very cool two-tone paint job in the main shop that runs the whole perimeter.

The overall square footage is as follows:
Main shop area: ~2400 sq ft
Lobby: ~200 sq ft
Office: ~500 sq ft

About the office & Lobby:
Brand new carpet throughout. The office has room for 3 desks plus several large file cabinets. There is great lighting with a 3-panel window that opens outwards on both ends. There is a private bathroom in the office and there is a bathroom in the lobby that has a urinal, private bath stall with door, and wash sink. There is an entrance with a holding pen for guests. There is a window to see who is coming in and a locking door between it and the office.

The lobby has black and white ceramic tile flooring with its own entrance.
The separate entrance to the office with the holding room has a buzzer for the rear of the building. This way, people can come in to your business while you are working in the back. They ring the bell and you come up front to help them. If you are a small owner/operator setup and are working in the main shop area it allows you to keep the front of your shop secure while working in the back.

The lobby also has a separate locking door that leads in to the main shop area.

Main Shop Area:
The main shop area is approximately 100 feet x 25 feet and is very well lit with natural light during the day by the windows on either side. The shop was previously used for machining so therefore the place is very well set up. There are electric outlets all over including several 220v outlets. There are also air compressors lines and outlets running nearly the full length of the building. The floor is stained wood on what seems to be 10" centers. The floor is very stable and strong. I park vehicles in here on a regular basis and the owner previously stored classic cars here.

There is a single garage door to the main shop( I think 8x10 or 8x12). I can bring dodge ram pickups and my pickup truck with motorcycles in the back no problem.
Just inside the door there is an overhead steel i-beam with a trolley on it. This is used for loading and unloading heavy equipment.

Not visible in the pictures is also a large U-Shape counter top area. This may be negotiated for, otherwise, I may break it down and reassemble it at my new location. It is 3 sides and sits 7 people or more.

Extras:
This space is alarmed with motion detectors and door breaks. The police department is also very close (4 blocks away)so that provides a lot of additional security.
There is a very large exhaust fan in the attic space that extracts vehicle exhaust through the ceiling panels or it simply helps circulate fresh air through the shop.
The space is already wired and is cable tv ready. There are additional network cables carrying connectivity to the main shop area from the office.

The heat is gas and is very efficient. There is custom made steam pipe that runs half the length of the shop on the walls and works very well. There is also a gas fitting in the rear of the shop if you want to put an overhead or floor mount gas heater.

Allowable uses for space:
The owner does not want automotive mechanics or automotive repair going on at this location as it it not zoned as an automotive repair facility. So if your business borders on this you will need to discuss it with the owner of the property. If you did something like re manufacturing alternators that would be much different than replacing alternators. Motorcycle repair or performance work is a possibility as well as many other small business uses. It would work exceptionally well for shipping and receiving or product distribution. The owner will be more than happy to speak with you about your proposed use for the space.

About the owner: The building owner is one of the best and most laid back land lords I have ever had. He still occupies and uses the other side of the building but is rarely here. He owns a flatbed and transport company so there could be room to work with him if you need towing services. I am sure he would also entertain a lease to own option if you wanted the whole building. His side accounts for about another 1800 sq ft of hi-ceiling shop space and has a commercial truck sized roll-door.

IN ORDER TO SEE THE SPACE:
Please email me with your contact info and proposed use for the space and I will contact you as soon as I recieve it. I am the current tenant and am assisting the owner in finding a new tenant since he has been very good to me. The pictures posted are from around the time we were just occupying it but it gives you an idea of what the space is like. You really have to come check it out to appreciate it. It is a lot for the money!

To see more pictures please visit this link: http://s48.photobucket.com/albums/f213/Onedwn5up/The%20Paddock%20Race%20Shop/
There are also additional pictures in the craigslist add itself at:
http://newjersey.craigslist.org/off/425978625.html

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f213/Onedwn5up/The%20Paddock%20Race%20Shop/Photo_020207_013.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f213/Onedwn5up/The%20Paddock%20Race%20Shop/Photo_020207_006.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f213/Onedwn5up/The%20Paddock%20Race%20Shop/Photo_020207_002.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f213/Onedwn5up/The%20Paddock%20Race%20Shop/Photo_011207_010.jpg

Mike295
09-19-2007, 12:58 PM
shouldent this be in the forsale section?

Onedwn5up
09-19-2007, 01:04 PM
Probably...But since its not a bike or a part, I'm not sure where to put it. I figured a moderator would move it to the right spot if need be.

SAXON117
09-23-2007, 05:31 PM
nice shop man! good luck rentin it out, shouldn't be that hard to do

Surfinglbi23
10-02-2007, 04:16 PM
place is sick man, sorry it didnt work out for you

Onedwn5up
10-06-2007, 03:50 PM
place is sick man, sorry it didnt work out for you
Oh , it had nothing to do with it working out or not. I needed the space for all my bikes and tools at the time. If I wanted to do work I had no problem getting it. But while I like working on bikes and it is generally more fun then my other business, my other business is the primary bread winner so my attention was more focused on that then running a full-time bike shop. Within the next 5 years my dad and I will probably launch a full-time bike shop but that will be after my current business has been sold. So until then, that is where I need to put my focus. For now, the new house I am moving in to has plenty of space (or what seems like it at the moment) for what I need. I also have the place leased already. Took all of about a week.