PDA

View Full Version : plans for beaver run 9/22-23 pics added

tommymac
09-17-2007, 12:32 AM
So what are everyones plans for getting out there on friday. I know jimmy and a few guys wont be at the motel 6 this time so I was wondering who would be. I am planning on leaving NYC around 8 or 9, and am assuming I will meet up withthe guys at the track to drop our stuff off and claim a few spots.

TOM

CBRBob
09-17-2007, 06:42 AM
Dunno if I have to work Fri yet so when I get there is up in the air but I have resvs. at the 6.

extreme78
09-18-2007, 05:49 AM
Ewa and I will be there on friday evening. Not sure what time yet. We are leaving the city around 2pm.

tommymac
09-18-2007, 06:02 AM
Whos Ewa? Our plan is to unload at the track first then head to the hotel. Give me a call when youre on your way. I am hoping to be at the track somewhere around 5 or 6.

Tom

RCM78
09-18-2007, 06:11 AM
I'm going to pocono, then leaving around 2pm. Were staying at the HIE in cranberry.

Cecil
09-18-2007, 02:59 PM
And we're eating biscuits and SAUSAGE GRAVY every morning. Then we're wafting the smell over Ralph's head.

Brian78
09-18-2007, 03:35 PM
my plans are to stay in jersey

JasonB
09-18-2007, 04:06 PM

Why..what do you have to do?

carl_g
09-18-2007, 04:20 PM
Mine too racing on sunday! helmet cam footage to come..please stand by :)

extreme78
09-18-2007, 06:27 PM
Whos Ewa? Our plan is to unload at the track first then head to the hotel. Give me a call when youre on your way. I am hoping to be at the track somewhere around 5 or 6.

Tom

My wife. We will be at the track later, 9pm maybe?

John712
09-18-2007, 07:45 PM
Me and Kevin are leaving Friday about 7am, but he says lets leave at 9am. So to be honest I'm going to say we may leave at 10am lol

AfricanBootyScratcher
09-18-2007, 10:20 PM
my plan: wake up early Saturday, go to work, do an oil change before the shop opens, load up, work all day, meet Michelle after work, drive to beaver valley motor inn, get no sleep, go to the track Sunday morning, ride all, pack up again, drive home, go back to work Monday.

Kennedy
09-18-2007, 11:14 PM
my plan: wake up early Saturday, go to work, do an oil change before the shop opens, load up, work all day, meet Michelle after work, drive to beaver valley motor inn, get no sleep, go to the track Sunday morning, ride all, pack up again, drive home, go back to work Monday.

Don't forget about that predator pussy!

IrocRob
09-18-2007, 11:17 PM
See you there...I'm in for Sunday...Track day only.

tommymac
09-19-2007, 12:29 AM
My wife. We will be at the track later, 9pm maybe?

Where are you guys staying? Call me when you get out there I willlet you know where we pit and will save you a spot. karen will be happy to have another female to talk to while were out having fun

Tom

extreme78
09-19-2007, 06:04 AM
Where are you guys staying? Call me when you get out there I willlet you know where we pit and will save you a spot. karen will be happy to have another female to talk to while were out having fun

Tom

Motel 6.
Are you ready for sunday afternoon:thefinger

tommymac
09-19-2007, 09:02 AM
Motel 6.
Are you ready for sunday afternoon:thefinger

Cool we will be at the same hotel along with a few other guys, so it def should be fun. So now I guess I will have to race and use my age and treachery to slow you down:roflmao:

Tom

ronin_01r1
09-19-2007, 10:36 AM
i'm going to try camping at the track friday/saturday. drive home sunday night.

ffejtable
09-19-2007, 06:52 PM
Hopefully leaving work a little early at 3pm and getting there 8p ish.. havent even made reservations yet!

AfricanBootyScratcher
09-19-2007, 08:58 PM
Don't forget about that predator pussy!

haha, he's flying there saturday afternoon

CBRBob
09-19-2007, 09:23 PM
Hopefully leaving work a little early at 3pm and getting there 8p ish.. havent even made reservations yet!

Will you be travelling 90mph the whole time? :ride:

pillaka
09-19-2007, 11:21 PM
anyone wanna lend me their 600? I wanna do the supersport races!

GinoE
09-20-2007, 12:04 PM
see you cats there. heading out there sometime friday morning, should get in town by late afternoon, dinner time.

JasonB
09-20-2007, 12:09 PM
Im leaving about 5ish on friday... :(

Chris
09-20-2007, 01:18 PM
anyone wanna lend me their 600? I wanna do the supersport races!

rent one from tpm:lol:

tommymac
09-20-2007, 10:51 PM
see you cats there. heading out there sometime friday morning, should get in town by late afternoon, dinner time.

Are you dropping off your bike at the track or going to the hotel. I am hoping to leave around 8 or 9 and unload at the track. PM me your number and we can touch base on the road tomorrow.

Tom

DeFran
09-21-2007, 06:30 AM
Does anyone I know have room for me to sleep in there trailer Saturday night?
I'll be getting there around 10 PM saturday.

Thanks, Bart

GinoE
09-21-2007, 08:11 AM
straight to mot6 - it's 8am now, i just woke up. google sez 6hr eta - still shooting for late afternoon/dinner time.

Are you dropping off your bike at the track or going to the hotel. I am hoping to leave around 8 or 9 and unload at the track. PM me your number and we can touch base on the road tomorrow.

Tom

extreme78
09-24-2007, 08:57 PM
Awsome weekend. Good 2 see you all.
Some pics:

extreme78
09-24-2007, 09:00 PM
Thats my favorite pics
Brian: f#%k those slow guys.......:roflmao:

Ant
09-24-2007, 09:27 PM
Wow, those are great! I'm stealing the 1st

Chris
09-24-2007, 09:37 PM
Nice paul.Good to meet you.

extreme78
09-24-2007, 09:42 PM
Wow, those are great! I'm stealing the 1st

Here you go:

Cakes206
09-24-2007, 09:53 PM
EXCELLENT weekend...it just keeps getting better and better. Long story short, perfect weather, got to our usual spot, got about 12 text msgs to hold spots, LOL. Next morning, perfect weather again, go out for the first session and I was a mess, literally. Having the gix on Beaver for the first time, most of my reference points were all off. Basically had to relearn the track again. On top of that, my heel kept hitting the exhaust bracket, so that was another thing to throw off my concentration...and to top it all off 1/2 way thru the session I notice my shift lever getting lower and lower...to the point where I couldn't reach down to shift and I was stuck in 3rd gear at the fastest part of the track :doh: Pit in, loose shift rod cause the lever to back out...brought it back up, made tight, good to go. Second session was better, still trying to understand how the gix is handling the Beav...3rd session we really bonded and started picking up the pace even more. Forgot what session it was but almost got kicked and ran off the track by someone who pulled a knucklehead move, guy apexes 10 kinda slow and then decides he wants to pit in...problem with this is I was making my move around the outside of a right hand turn with pit in on the left...guy puts his leg in the air almost takin out my head...yea so that almost got ugly. Anywho...more riding, I had dropped another second from the last time there...but I was stuck...couldn't get out of the :08's. Got a tip from CBRBob and Chris, by the last session Sunday I got into the :07's, dropping 2 more seconds from August. All in all I'm pleased with everything...even the exhaust bracket after Chris tweaked it so my heel would stop hitting it, lol...thanks man. I really had an awesome time with everyone too...I'd list everyone's names but I'd be here a while...thanks again everyone :cheers:

Pic1 - T2
Pic2 - Me/CBRBob T10.
Pic3 - Cool pic...check the heat from the exhaust.
Pic4 - Chris on the hunt, lol.
Pic5 - SBA train, me/Jimmy/Ant nice riding tight, lol.

Ant
09-24-2007, 09:59 PM
Here you go:

Great, thanks Paul!

pillaka
09-24-2007, 10:19 PM
Thats my favorite pics
Brian: f#%k those slow guys.......:roflmao:

Hmm think I am ripping a tear off from the visor, there were some big bugs out there!

Good weekend, kinda wish I didn't have my off track excursion sunday morning, but shit happens. Spent the morning fixing the bike, thanks everyone for givng me a hand. Despite reassembling my front end after the crash, something was still tweaked, so the bike had some headshake issues on the straights, and the front end got a little wobbly and unstable going into the turns. Still managed to win both the superbike and dash race and run laps in the 1:00 range. I was going to go for a :59, but better luck next year. Also did the supersport race, which was a whole lot of fun. Thanks john for lending me your bike. Started in 16th in the way back of the grid, got a good start and picked off some riders on the brakes. I had a good battle with andy on his r6, but he was feeling the pressure and riding very aggressive on the brakes, he wound up pulling a nice endo braking for T1 and went off track, I took his position with omar hot on my tail. Race was red flagged so I took 9th overall. My goal was to get top 10, and beat omar :). This was a special weekend for me, this weekend last year I pulled off my first race win ever, crazy how much I have improved in a year, looking foward to going to beaverun again. Good to see everyone.

ronin_01r1
09-24-2007, 11:05 PM
coach greg evaluating me for red group
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m32/Jelly_Belly_Whore/RB7_0041.jpg

probably holding up some red group folks. :P
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m32/Jelly_Belly_Whore/RB7_0943.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m32/Jelly_Belly_Whore/RB7_1333.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m32/Jelly_Belly_Whore/RB7_1366.jpg

NYCSTRIPES
09-24-2007, 11:10 PM
looks like I missed a great weekend at the Beaver, next time for sure. Glad to see everyone had a good time.
Ken

NYCSTRIPES
09-24-2007, 11:13 PM
EXCELLENT weekend...it just keeps getting better and better. Long story short, perfect weather, got to our usual spot, got about 12 text msgs to hold spots, LOL. Next morning, perfect weather again, go out for the first session and I was a mess, literally. Having the gix on Beaver for the first time, most of my reference points were all off. Basically had to relearn the track again. On top of that, my heel kept hitting the exhaust bracket, so that was another thing to throw off my concentration...and to top it all off 1/2 way thru the session I notice my shift lever getting lower and lower...to the point where I couldn't reach down to shift and I was stuck in 3rd gear at the fastest part of the track :doh: Pit in, loose shift rod cause the lever to back out...brought it back up, made tight, good to go. Second session was better, still trying to understand how the gix is handling the Beav...3rd session we really bonded and started picking up the pace even more. Forgot what session it was but almost got kicked and ran off the track by someone who pulled a knucklehead move, guy apexes 10 kinda slow and then decides he wants to pit in...problem with this is I was making my move around the outside of a right hand turn with pit in on the left...guy puts his leg in the air almost takin out my head...yea so that almost got ugly. Anywho...more riding, I had dropped another second from the last time there...but I was stuck...couldn't get out of the :08's. Got a tip from CBRBob and Chris, by the last session Sunday I got into the :07's, dropping 2 more seconds from August. All in all I'm pleased with everything...even the exhaust bracket after Chris tweaked it so my heel would stop hitting it, lol...thanks man. I really had an awesome time with everyone too...I'd list everyone's names but I'd be here a while...thanks again everyone :cheers:

Pic1 - T2
Pic2 - Me/CBRBob T10.
Pic3 - Cool pic...check the heat from the exhaust.
Pic4 - Chris on the hunt, lol.
Pic5 - SBA train, me/Jimmy/Ant nice riding tight, lol.

looking great Joe, look for me next season on a 600....;) I may be shopping for an R6 for next season. Keeping the TZ and selling the TLR's. After renting an R6 at Pocono, I am convinced that a smaller bike is the ticket.
Ken

ronin_01r1
09-24-2007, 11:13 PM
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m32/Jelly_Belly_Whore/IMG_1260.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m32/Jelly_Belly_Whore/IMG_0874.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m32/Jelly_Belly_Whore/IMG_0942.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m32/Jelly_Belly_Whore/IMG_1053.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m32/Jelly_Belly_Whore/IMG_1233.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m32/Jelly_Belly_Whore/IMG_1108.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m32/Jelly_Belly_Whore/IMG_1159.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m32/Jelly_Belly_Whore/IMG_1070.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m32/Jelly_Belly_Whore/DS2_1637-1.jpg

Cakes206
09-25-2007, 12:04 AM
looking great Joe, look for me next season on a 600....;) I may be shopping for an R6 for next season. Keeping the TZ and selling the TLR's. After renting an R6 at Pocono, I am convinced that a smaller bike is the ticket.
Ken
Thanks Ken. Aww man...look out...you'll have a blast fo sho :ride:

Kennedy
09-25-2007, 12:52 AM
FUCK....thats all.

Chris
09-25-2007, 08:19 AM
Great weekend guys,I wish that the endurance race went the distance though.Me and bart were just haulin.I think I could have got him,I was waiting for him to make a mistake but Ill take 2nd behind him.If he would have been in the ss race we would have had another good battle.:lol:Oh yeah I took first place in the ss race.

ffejtable
09-25-2007, 09:28 AM
Will you be travelling 90mph the whole time? :ride:

Pegged at the speed limiter the whole way! (About 95mph) ;)

Overall a great weekend... First time in a while that I have felt comfortable out there, even after running wide in 10. Got a great front row view of CBRbob trying not to run over a rider that went down hard and was sliding along side of him. Don't know who the rider is, but he is fortunate to walk away with was a busted ankle, it could have been much worse.

JasonB
09-25-2007, 10:44 AM
Good weekend guys. Good to see old the faces and meet some new ones. I haven't been to the track since last season.

First time at beaver and that's a nice track...did i say i like beaver...

First session wanted to get the lay out of the track. Second session started to pick it up a bit and hitting all the apexes or at least getting close to em. But the suspension is not working and the bike is all over the place. I try to tweak a bit, check tire presure, loosing the chain and still nothing. Had to have Defan look at it. After about 3 or 4 laps the bike was much better...not excellent but it worked. He said with the stock shocks, there's only so much that can be done. Third session got CBRBob to work with my lines on a few spots and head movement. Starting to feel better and more comfortable on the bike (Damm 1K is killin me out there :banghead: scared to get on the gas and when i want too :banghead:). Practice head movements and it made a difference. Forth session still working on head position and lines...a coach wants me to follow him and his lines. I do so, then he follows me. Im too wide at turn 10 (damm 1K again :banghead:) He tells me to go in slower it will allow you to get a good drive coming out. He also tells me to work on body position and that will allow you to carry more speed in the corners. I work on body position the rest of the afternoon and feel real comfortable.

The second day feeling really good and hitting apexes. Im still having that problem at T10. Some time im on and others im too wide. I started to notice that T7 lots of people are staying to the left and not in the middle. I asked about it and everyone said dont follow them cause as you pick up speed you will have enough track to make t8. Ok I did try it once or twice, then thought to myself, dont want to pick up bad habits at this stage of the game. So i get as close to the box as i can, and see what everyone was talking about. I was passing people a lot coming out of T8 and when i did hit T11 the correct way got alot of people there as well.

So hopefully during the winter months i will be picking up a 6 for the track.

All and all had a great weekend. My fam loved it. My son is already asking when is the next one.

But he said that he doesn't have to worry about John...:lol: :roflmao: :roflmao: :P ;) :)

AfricanBootyScratcher
09-26-2007, 12:45 AM
Awesome time on Sunday!
drove down on Saturday night, got there Sunday morning and got a good spot close to my usual. Was coaching in white so I got to play with Jase, Bishop, Ginoe, and a couple of others, while out in Blue I was getting some good consistent times with old tires and compleatly shot brakes. At lunch I changed my rims and bled the brakes for the first time this year (damn I'm lazy) went out in Blue and was actualy slower! Damn brakes worked too well, slowed me down too much. I'm thinking of only using used brake fluid from now on! haha
Had a very bad start in the endurance race, some one stalled on the line in front of me, but we won't mention names, and I wound up going into turn one very close to last! but fought my way back up to the mid pack by turn seven. closed in on the stiff by turn 10 then got blocked inside by Andy who also had a bad start. My tires started coming in so the chase was on, I had a front row seat for the stiffy vs. andy battle which was cool, only thing is they were running a slower pace because of it and some blocking lines so I just sat back figuring I had plenty of time to wait for them to tire out from almost killing each other before I make a move on both of them. Low and behold we come down the straight practically three wide, stiff inside then andy and then me outside. Stiffy dives in and I want to but see andy in my way, I'm thinking just turn it in for god's sake, he then winds up in an endo and I turn in under him, I got a really nice view of his drain plug and set off after stiff. Without the battle he picks up the pace, but is still blocking my advances, I looked back and saw we were alone, so I figured with many more laps to go and no one coming up I had plenty of time, but the red flag came out early and that was all she wrote.
Next came the sprint, once again I suck off the line, but manage to make it into third by turn 4. I'm hot on chris's tale for a little bit, but he starts pulling a little and gets around bobby in the lead. I'm still tight on them but something happened to chris, because while going over the hill on the third lap, this dude was gone, like someone hit some type of switch for warp speed. I'm talking I swear he was right there, to WTF? Oh well, I kept chasing Bobby for a few, before some dude on a Ducati 998 passed us. He was a little slower then both of us in the curves, but pulled us hard on the straights I saw no hope so I settled down for a nice safe finish in forth, that is until I felt and heard paul on my ass, so I ran some blocking lines to fend him off and bring her home.

Kennedy
09-26-2007, 01:08 AM
Nice Omar!!!!! I can't wait to get in there.

JimRBlue
09-26-2007, 07:07 PM
Sorry I missed this one.. looks like a good time was had by all.. and jase, when you get the "box" (if you can see it as you go by) your in pretty good position for the next set....

John712
09-26-2007, 11:04 PM
my bike did in fact go around the track faster then anybodys eles's bike all weekend.!!!!

enough said :D:D

I'll write up my weekend report tomorrow....

CBRBob
09-27-2007, 08:01 AM
my bike did in fact go around the track faster then anybodys eles's bike all weekend.!!!!

enough said :D:D

I'll write up my weekend report tomorrow....

Stiffy rode it in a race?

RCM78
09-27-2007, 04:29 PM
Stiffy rode it in a race?

As a matter of fact...:moocow:

pillaka
09-27-2007, 06:47 PM
Yea man! Rode his 2002 gsxr 600, still had the OEM rubber brake lines and stock rear shock on diablo corsa's. According to andy we were running high 1:04's low 1:05's the first few laps. I really liked the front forks though, john told me he has ohlins internals inside and I got lots of feedback. I bet if I spent of few sessions on that fun bike I could get into the 1:03's on it.

extreme78
09-27-2007, 07:00 PM
Awesome time on Sunday!
drove down on Saturday night, got there Sunday morning and got a good spot close to my usual. Was coaching in white so I got to play with Jase, Bishop, Ginoe, and a couple of others, while out in Blue I was getting some good consistent times with old tires and compleatly shot brakes. At lunch I changed my rims and bled the brakes for the first time this year (damn I'm lazy) went out in Blue and was actualy slower! Damn brakes worked too well, slowed me down too much. I'm thinking of only using used brake fluid from now on! haha
Had a very bad start in the endurance race, some one stalled on the line in front of me, but we won't mention names, and I wound up going into turn one very close to last! but fought my way back up to the mid pack by turn seven. closed in on the stiff by turn 10 then got blocked inside by Andy who also had a bad start. My tires started coming in so the chase was on, I had a front row seat for the stiffy vs. andy battle which was cool, only thing is they were running a slower pace because of it and some blocking lines so I just sat back figuring I had plenty of time to wait for them to tire out from almost killing each other before I make a move on both of them. Low and behold we come down the straight practically three wide, stiff inside then andy and then me outside. Stiffy dives in and I want to but see andy in my way, I'm thinking just turn it in for god's sake, he then winds up in an endo and I turn in under him, I got a really nice view of his drain plug and set off after stiff. Without the battle he picks up the pace, but is still blocking my advances, I looked back and saw we were alone, so I figured with many more laps to go and no one coming up I had plenty of time, but the red flag came out early and that was all she wrote.
Next came the sprint, once again I suck off the line, but manage to make it into third by turn 4. I'm hot on chris's tale for a little bit, but he starts pulling a little and gets around bobby in the lead. I'm still tight on them but something happened to chris, because while going over the hill on the third lap, this dude was gone, like someone hit some type of switch for warp speed. I'm talking I swear he was right there, to WTF? Oh well, I kept chasing Bobby for a few, before some dude on a Ducati 998 passed us. He was a little slower then both of us in the curves, but pulled us hard on the straights I saw no hope so I settled down for a nice safe finish in forth, that is until I felt and heard paul on my ass, so I ran some blocking lines to fend him off and bring her home.

Yeach good job on blocking me for two laps in the race. :nono2:
When is your next track day?