PDA

View Full Version : After 3 months of working in the office...

jcblitz
05-20-2005, 09:17 AM
...I finially got to work from home again. :leek:
I start work at 9 so I usually don't roll out of bed until 8:59, I was really looking forward to that extra hour of sleep today instead of the drive. Well I get woken up at 8am SHARP to the sound of 5 chainsaws and a wood chipper. Apparently the power company is outside cutting down all the tree's around the power lines to make sure they're clear. I guess they didn't get the memo I need sleep. :2finger:

But on a high note..I get to ride to my 50 durning my lunch break :woot:

CuCullin
05-20-2005, 09:42 AM
I took the train in... as usual....

And apparently when its raining, these fuckers have to go SLOW AS SHIT.

Missed BOTH possible connecting trains, had to wait extra, blah-blah - so in other words, got in a little late. Fucking bullshit.

PS: Gimme your fiddy.

Vin
05-20-2005, 10:06 AM
I love living 26 miles from NYC but having to deal with a 1 hour, 45 minute commute one way.

I can't wait to go to AZ to check out homes... screw this NYC shit.

Cakes206
05-20-2005, 10:07 AM
That sux...gotta love VPN though.

CuCullin
05-20-2005, 11:17 AM
That sux...gotta love VPN though.

In another month or so I'll be able to.... gotta get passed some inital bullshit here, the "break in period" at the new job, then ill be designing (and posting) from home most of the time :D

jcblitz
05-20-2005, 11:33 AM
My work VPN is slow as shit. And we use CVS to distribute our code...it takes me 10 minutes to get updates. But hey, that's 10 minutes of free time!!

Vin
05-20-2005, 12:12 PM
My work VPN is slow as shit. And we use CVS to distribute our code...it takes me 10 minutes to get updates. But hey, that's 10 minutes of free time!!

We use Cisco's VPN and it's pretty fast. You're using the GNU CVS?
I'd like to rollout our SSL VPN but beurocratic bullshit is holding me back.

jcblitz
05-20-2005, 12:28 PM
We use Cisco's VPN and it's pretty fast. You're using the GNU CVS?
I'd like to rollout our SSL VPN but beurocratic bullshit is holding me back.

Yeah, GNU cvs. Our VPN is slow because the network is slow. I swear I have more bandwidth at home then our entire company.

Vin
05-20-2005, 12:31 PM
Yeah, GNU cvs. Our VPN is slow because the network is slow. I swear I have more bandwidth at home then our entire company.

How do you like CVS? One of my goals this year is to implement a system like that for code control and haven't explored what's out there.

jcblitz
05-20-2005, 02:58 PM
It's pretty rad. It gets rid of alot of headaches associated with multiple people working on the same project and sharing code.

njf4i
05-20-2005, 03:51 PM
Well i was gonna comment about jared being able to ride the ditty during work.

But then you guys lost me with all this pharmacy CVS talk. I personally like using pathmark pharmacy.

Oh well.