PDA

View Full Version : frames

tadow6
08-23-2007, 02:47 PM
I was wondering if anyone has ever tried to put a engine from one bike on to the frame of another. I have an suzuki RF900 engine with about 1500 miles on it and was wondering if it would fit on the frame of another type of bike ( GXR, TL, or Busa):arrr:

CBRBob
08-23-2007, 05:01 PM
I was wondering if anyone has ever tried to put a engine from one bike on to the frame of another. I have an suzuki RF900 engine with about 1500 miles on it and was wondering if it would fit on the frame of another type of bike ( GXR, TL, or Busa):arrr:

1) So at 1500mi, whats wrong with it??

2) ANYTHING is possible with enough $$ but at that point, just buy the other bike used, it will work better anyway.

3) Is this a joke?

tadow6
08-23-2007, 07:36 PM
Not a joke I 've had the rf 900 for several years it was wrecked and the frame was bent. there is nothing wrong with the engine. I wsas originally going to rebuild the RF 900 but I really don't care for the look of the RF and finding used parts for it is damn near impossible, and buying new ones is expensive as hell. If I was to rebuild it with OEM parts I'm looking at 8 g's and I didn't pay that much for the bike to begin with.

Gigantic
09-01-2007, 08:29 AM
sell the motor, get something else.