PDA

View Full Version : Capirossi chooses Suzuki...

IrocRob
08-16-2007, 12:53 PM
...for 2008 MotoGP

http://www.motogp.com/en/motogp/motogp_news.htm?menu=news&news_id=20652&championship_id=3&section=1

NYCSTRIPES
08-16-2007, 05:16 PM
Lots of movment for next season, should be interesting. Capirossi is a class act, hope it suits him well.
Ken

AfricanBootyScratcher
08-16-2007, 05:25 PM
Looks like every year is getting wackier and wackier!
I always thought Caparossi would be Ducati forever
Lorenzo is on for Yamaha, so I'm really wondering about Edwards.

JasonB
08-16-2007, 05:46 PM
what's happening with Hopper??

IrocRob
08-16-2007, 06:39 PM
Hopkins is signed with Kawasaki

carl_g
08-16-2007, 07:16 PM
Lots of movment for next season, should be interesting. Capirossi is a class act, hope it suits him well.
Ken
He is my favorite motogp rider +1

EvilSteve
08-17-2007, 12:22 AM
I'm guessing they'll put Edwards with Toseland at Tech3 (with better factory support) and Lorenzo will team up with Rossi (who may quit in a couple of years). I'd like to see West get the ride alongside Hopkins at Kawasaki but if there's no 3rd bike then he and DePuniet might both miss out on a ride for someone else. I'd love to see RLH on the 3rd Kawasaki if they have one. I hope they get the Schwantz Suzuki effort up and running with Spies on the bike but that might have to wait until '09. Capirossi looks like he needs a change, I hope it works for him because he's a good guy and a good racer.

Other than rumors that Hopkins didn't get along with Paul Denning, I still don't know for sure why he went to Kawasaki.

IrocRob
08-17-2007, 12:30 AM
...I still don't know for sure why he went to Kawasaki...

MONEY MONEY MONEY MOOONEEEY.....MOOOOOONEEEEEEY!

I don't think the Schwantz Suzuki team will be happening for 2008...maybe '09...

As for Rossi, if Michelin doesn't get their act together, Rossi may choose
to switch to the Tech3 team just so that he can ride Bridgestones...
Yamaha will do damn near anything to keep Rossi happy...

EvilSteve
08-20-2007, 01:02 PM
The commentators on the race this weekend were saying Tech3 may be running Michelin which might suggest Yamaha will run 'stones.

I'm calling it Toseland & Edwards on Tech3 with Michelin and Rossi & Lorenzo on Yamaha with 'stones (unless Michelin get their shit together by the end of the season).

FDNYDANO18
08-20-2007, 02:49 PM
The commentators on the race this weekend were saying Tech3 may be running Michelin which might suggest Yamaha will run 'stones.

I'm calling it Toseland & Edwards on Tech3 with Michelin and Rossi & Lorenzo on Yamaha with 'stones (unless Michelin get their shit together by the end of the season).

+1