PDA

View Full Version : NEW Mio C310 GPS

ezpunkx
08-14-2007, 01:30 PM
I have a MIO C310 GPS. Brand new Never been opened, still sealed in shrink wrap.
This is a very popular GPS. I love mine, less than half the price of a garmin and gets you where you need to go. Its also small, you can throw it in your pocket and walk around with it. I've seen some people mount it on their bike on the tank.
It has the entire US map built in so you don't need to get any additional cards or upload anything for other states. Comes with mount and car charger. Has a built in mp3 player. If you have any questions about it let me know.

Also for the techies, you can hack this GPS and do some cool stuff, get to the windows CE interface, different skins, other gps software, like tom tom.. i can send you links.

$225

EDIT: if you buy this GPS i will email you the canadian map file. Which i dont even think you can buy for this GPS.. I just happen to have it ;)
You do need an SD card to put the canadian map file on, however.

Marker54
08-14-2007, 02:01 PM
Was thinking about picking up one of these bad boys. Have a few noob questions, so i'll throw them out just in case other have the same.

Where did u pick up the unit?
What is the min differences between this & a brand name Garmin?
Does it come with a mount?

ezpunkx
08-14-2007, 02:15 PM
Was thinking about picking up one of these bad boys. Have a few noob questions, so i'll throw them out just in case other have the same.

Where did u pick up the unit?
What is the min differences between this & a brand name Garmin?
Does it come with a mount?

I bought two of them, One on black friday. And this most recent one in got on ebay, was going to give it to my parents as a gift but got them something else instead.

The Biggest difference is the price. Go look at a garmin nuvi and your spending like $4-600. I was looking at Garmins also , and i couldnt justify the price difference, they both get you from point A to point B so why spend double the price. You cant really compare this with the cheaper garmins cause it has way more features and the size is alot smaller. Its comparible to a garmin Nuvi in size. Its like a PDA. It has its quirks but i'm sure all GPS's do. Its got a lot of cool features that the inexpensive versions of the garmins dont. With the Mio you can use it like a digital map, map out routes and save them, scroll around etc.. The Mio GPS's are very popular since they were introduced in the US. They've been around europe and other countries for a while. And just so you know, they did come out with a map update for it about a month ago. If you wanted to update the maps i think the cd is like $20.. I'm not going to bother with mine cause it works fine for me.

Yes it come with a suction cup mount. (it holds pretty damn good)

also: i will email whoever buys it the map of Canada, you just put it on a SD card and put it in the GPS and it will show up

jcblitz
08-14-2007, 02:18 PM
The price is really good.

Review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0Xt6w6_B20

duc748pilot
09-10-2007, 01:01 PM
Hey! sent you a pm

AfricanBootyScratcher
09-10-2007, 10:21 PM
my brother has one of these, and he seems to like it

duc748pilot
09-11-2007, 09:23 AM