PDA

View Full Version : Levers

Marker54
07-29-2007, 11:11 PM
Thinking about putting some new levers on the bike. I want the CRG levers, but came across this site and I'm not sure what the difference is between the advertised "CRG Roll A Click" and the "Click n Roll."

99% sold in the CRG's, any ideas or advice.

I realize everybody here (including myself) shops on NewEnough.com for apparel, but where does everybody shop online for their mechanical equipment?

http://www.kneedraggers.com/list/1.5000/bike/Honda/CBR600F4i/2005

Cakes206
07-29-2007, 11:21 PM
I got a set of the Pazzo shorties which I'm real happy with. Great feel with the brake lever especially. Check out www.supersquidracing.com - good people to work with and a site vendor, RPM Cycle Works as well.

GIX750
07-30-2007, 08:38 AM
i second the pazzo's and know about 2 or 3 other people on here that heave em and love em. i don't know if you ever ride without gloves or even with thin warm weather gloves, but i noticed that the CRG's have a somewhat sharp edge on the back which when using two fingers on the clutch kinda irritates ur ring and pinky finger, not so much with pazzo's. anywho that's just my opinion. oh ya and u have a wider color selection with pazzo's.

SPRHK
07-30-2007, 08:47 AM
I second Gix750. ( Even though he was to much of a pussy to go riding yesterday!!)

CBRBob
07-30-2007, 08:56 AM
Just remember, the shorter the lever, the harder the pull and the less 'feel' for what you are doing.

Cakes206
07-30-2007, 09:20 AM
Just remember, the shorter the lever, the harder the pull and the less 'feel' for what you are doing.
Hey Bob, I remember you saying this a ways back and almost didn't get the shorties because of it, but I took the gamble...for me, the Pazzo's have a real good feel through them, maybe they've changed something in the making? But I was happy I went with them, being I only cover the lever with my index finger and do all braking with the middle finger, it works out good.

Rev
07-30-2007, 09:29 AM
I think he said he's pretty much sold on the CRG's and was asking about the difference in the 2 he posted about....

Pete doesn't seem to be a difference looks like the one they advertised "click and roll" are the short one's and the other are the regular size. According to CRG website it shows 3 different levels of thier products...

http://www.constructorsrg.com/levers/clutch_comparison.html

If your not sure just call up the website and ask.

=)

EvilSteve
07-30-2007, 11:45 AM
I'd get CRGs out of those two dude. I couldn't tell you any differences you can't see in pictures though I'm afraid.

I personally have Pazzo shorties too, they're awesome.

Marker54
07-30-2007, 02:18 PM
Dosn't seem to be much of a difference between the CRG & Pazzos, planning on doing some different things to get the bike where I want it, so i'll go with the cheaper of the two and put the few bucks towards the next mod. I'm def going with the long levers.

Supersquidracing seemed like a pretty reasonable website...anybody know of others.

This should be a pretty easy job...right?

GIX750
07-30-2007, 03:11 PM
check ebay, a lot of people have stores and give pretty good prices on levers. and ya it's a really easy install

CBRBob
07-30-2007, 05:47 PM
Hey Bob, I remember you saying this a ways back and almost didn't get the shorties because of it, but I took the gamble...for me, the Pazzo's have a real good feel through them, maybe they've changed something in the making? But I was happy I went with them, being I only cover the lever with my index finger and do all braking with the middle finger, it works out good.

A shorter lever will have less overall distance to travel at the end The less distance from all the way out to all the way in results in a faster and more sensitive dis/engagement. This is simple physics, it has nothing to do with the brand etc. If CRG made a stock distance lever, would you buy it? It would offer you a better 'feel' because of the longer travel.
I believe most people buy the shorty levers because their stock ones don't have an adjuster or they simply want to bling (mod) their bike. That or they like their levers to match themselves........ :lol:

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-10/1087910/cakejening.jpg

Cakes206
07-30-2007, 07:22 PM
A shorter lever will have less overall distance to travel at the end The less distance from all the way out to all the way in results in a faster and more sensitive dis/engagement. This is simple physics, it has nothing to do with the brand etc. If CRG made a stock distance lever, would you buy it? It would offer you a better 'feel' because of the longer travel.
I believe most people buy the shorty levers because their stock ones don't have an adjuster or they simply want to bling (mod) their bike. That or they like their levers to match themselves........ :lol:

LOL, nice pic. If crg made a stock lever would I buy it? Probably not. Pazzo makes a stock length lever. I'm glad I went with the shorties, not only to match myself( ;) ) but I like the less travel more sensitive dis/engagement aspect that you explained. I just tap the lever and braking starts, something I'm accustomed too.

High_Revs_17
07-30-2007, 08:50 PM
I understood the other prime function of a shortie lever was to decrease the risk of their structural damage due to the result of a get-off...but I don't seem to notice the MotoGP fellas using them, if there was any type of advantage I'm sure they'd have them.

Rev
07-31-2007, 10:01 AM
I understood the other prime function of a shortie lever was to decrease the risk of their structural damage due to the result of a get-off...but I don't seem to notice the MotoGP fellas using them, if there was any type of advantage I'm sure they'd have them.

+1 I thought they made shorties incase momo's like me tip over thier bike while at a gas station...

Marker54
07-31-2007, 10:47 AM
+1 I thought they made shorties incase momo's like me tip over thier bike while at a gas station...

I remember that...your like "NNNNNNOOOOOOOO" :ohmygod:

Rev
07-31-2007, 11:12 AM
I remember that...your like "NNNNNNOOOOOOOO" :ohmygod:

It's cuz mike decided to pull up so close next to me I had flashbacks visiting my pastor...

Marker54
07-31-2007, 11:51 AM
It's cuz mike decided to pull up so close next to me I had flashbacks visiting my pastor...

Felt bad 4 u bro...what beach!