PDA

View Full Version : ***4th Of July Ride***

Hanz-Solo
07-03-2007, 02:08 PM
Since there are none out there, I thought I'd start one up... I am thinking bright and early... easy/mod pace... The weather looks promising so far... Worse comes to worse, I got a rain suit on stand-by :D ... No set route yet, but I am thinking of random destinations... Any input will be appreciated... Perhaps a lobster route, ride to silent hill or a distention to some fire works on the Hudson River... Curious to see how many can fight that looming hangover and make it! :D :P

THE BREAK DOWN
Date: Wednesday, July 4th
Meet: Abandoned Restaurant by D&D and WCW @ (35 state Route 31 N, Washington, NJ 07882 (http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&q1=35+state+Route++31+N%2C+Washington%2C+NJ+07882&trf=0&lon=-74.975188&lat=40.759757&mag=3))
Meeting Start: 8:30am
Stands up: 9:00AM SHARP
Route: TBD
Destination: TBD
Destination ETA: TBD
Formation: Group Setting (See Note "d")
Pace: Easy to Moderate

NOTES:
a) Don’t forget your paper work;
b) Pre-check your ride (tire pressure, brakes...etc.);
c) Come with a full tank;
d) Familiarize yourself with group ride etiquette:

- Staggered formation ( http://www.carolinamcevents.com/articles/ridingguide.html), Group Riding Tips ( http://www.amadirectlink.com/roadride/Riderresc/groupRide.asp), Common hand signals ( http://www.amadirectlink.com/roadride/Riderresc/groupRideSignals.asp)

http://www.carolinamcevents.com/images/rguide7.gif

e) If u have them, then bring them ==> charged Chatterboxes;

JimRBlue
07-03-2007, 02:36 PM
:thumbup:
Okay sir

ffejtable
07-03-2007, 03:04 PM
you should ride down the shore! then ill join ya for a little bit and show you how crappy some of the local roads are :)

there are actually some decent roads in the area, but nothing like sussex..

;)

njf4i
07-03-2007, 03:37 PM
you should ride down the shore! then ill join ya for a little bit and show you how crappy some of the local roads are :)

there are actually some decent roads in the area, but nothing like sussex..

;)

The best road down the shore is in the highlands. :ride: But you literally have to run it back and forth to feel like you had a good run. :roflmao:

Hanz-Solo
07-03-2007, 03:42 PM
I hear you... I'll run it by the group... and see what the coin toss will look like... :lol:

Islandmon
07-03-2007, 05:42 PM
Ughhh!! Too early. Almost ready to ride insured and registered need to finish some tuneup work. OUt for this one.

Hanz-Solo
07-03-2007, 05:54 PM
Ughhh!! Too early. Almost ready to ride insured and registered need to finish some tuneup work. OUt for this one.

I got my RR if you are itching to ride... But just to be clear... you drop it, you bought it!! :P :lol:

CBRBob
07-03-2007, 07:51 PM
Ride to Pocono and say hi.

ffejtable
07-03-2007, 10:48 PM
The best road down the shore is in the highlands. :ride: But you literally have to run it back and forth to feel like you had a good run. :roflmao:

There are other roads in the area that are actually nearly as nice, and have a lot less cops... Atlantic Highland cops have harrassed us before on the scenic road, and I won't run it more than once as a result...

I actually got the boat running today.. 2 weeks of "part-time" troubleshooting and it was a stupid simple problem.. Shift Interrupt switch or something like that... basically a kill switch that was incorrectly being triggered... what a bitch and a half that was... so i'll probably be out on the water seeing if she will really run for the season :)

Islandmon
07-03-2007, 11:46 PM
I got my RR if you are itching to ride... But just to be clear... you drop it, you bought it!! :P :lol:
Ha. Thanks for the offer. I think I can wait a few more days. I owe enough damn money! :arrr:

njf4i
07-04-2007, 01:17 AM
There are other roads in the area that are actually nearly as nice, and have a lot less cops... Atlantic Highland cops have harrassed us before on the scenic road, and I won't run it more than once as a result...

I actually got the boat running today.. 2 weeks of "part-time" troubleshooting and it was a stupid simple problem.. Shift Interrupt switch or something like that... basically a kill switch that was incorrectly being triggered... what a bitch and a half that was... so i'll probably be out on the water seeing if she will really run for the season :)

Well if all goes well pilot and i will be taking his boat out on sunday. you gonna be around?

Hanz-Solo
07-04-2007, 07:19 AM
The weather doesn't look too promising beyond 3pm... In any case, I have Doppler Radar on my phone... we'll navigate through the green islands as needed... See you all there! ;)

ffejtable
07-04-2007, 11:47 AM
Well if all goes well pilot and i will be taking his boat out on sunday. you gonna be around?

well i got the engine running like a champ but apparently the thing doesnt want to go back into neutral very easily, so it was a very short trip... ive tinkered with this thing for too many days, time to let a pro fix it up... and then sell it...

liquiddevil2000
07-04-2007, 12:51 PM
too early for my taste...
lookin crappy outside anyway!

Sue
07-04-2007, 06:35 PM
too early for my taste...
lookin crappy outside anyway!

Even I sucked it up and got up early for this.... LOL
Luckily the rain held out and we made it home before it started to rain.