PDA

View Full Version : went down this weekend at Summit....

extreme78
06-25-2007, 09:50 PM
I went to Summit Shen this sunday with TPM. It was my first time there(3rd track day in general).
First session I wanted to grab a coach to show me the lines for a lap or two but I guess I got to excited and took off. Well 4th lap I went in to a left turn( just pass the bridge) WAY to fast and lowesided....
I came out of this without a scratch or a bruise(I just bought one piece spidi leathers-not so new anymore LOL) but my clutch lever and my rearset bend.
TPM did not have a spare parts so I went to the car section of the track and some guy with the blow torch helped me out.
I went back out after the lunch and had a blast.
It might sounds stupid but Im glad that I finally went down- makes me RESPECT the track even more. I realized that It can happend to me and how importand is to take small steps.
I remember Galo said to me "You have to go slow to be fast"now I know what he ment......
Last session I touched my knee down for the first time:thumbup:

John712
06-25-2007, 09:56 PM
glad to see you got up without a scratch. leathers can be repaired. time to go ebay shopping for spare parts :D

Kennedy
06-25-2007, 09:57 PM
I went to Summit Shen this sunday with TPM. It was my first time there(3rd track day in general).
First session I wanted to grab a coach to show me the lines for a lap or two but I guess I got to excited and took off. Well 4th lap I went in to a left turn( just pass the bridge) WAY to fast and lowesided....
I came out of this without a scratch or a bruise(I just bought one piece spidi leathers-not so new anymore LOL) but my clutch lever and my rearset bend.
TPM did not have a spare parts so I went to the car section of the track and some guy with the blow torch helped me out.
I went back out after the lunch and had a blast.
It might sounds stupid but Im glad that I finally went down- makes me RESPECT the track even more. I realized that It can happend to me and how importand is to take small steps.
I remember Galo said to me "You have to go slow to be fast"now I know what he ment......
Last session I touched my knee down for the first time:thumbup:

Great to hear that you are ok. But glad to hear that you learned an important lesson!

It took me 2 times to go down (in the same day) to learn that same concept. Smooth is fast.

Hope to see you on the track!

extreme78
06-25-2007, 10:00 PM
pics

Kennedy
06-25-2007, 10:14 PM
LOL i think thats dave east helping you

extreme78
06-25-2007, 10:23 PM

I think thats him....not sure.
Did I mentioned that my bike fell over in the tow truck.......WTF:slap: Not that I care but two tie downs-thats all it takes.....

CBRBob
06-25-2007, 10:52 PM
Umm, they didnt tie it down? At least it fell on the same side :)

John712
06-25-2007, 11:01 PM
At least it fell on the same side :)

:lol::lol:

FigNewTon
06-25-2007, 11:28 PM
Sorry to hear about your get off Paul. Glad you are alright and were able to enjoy the rest of the day.

When you coming back to VIR?

Ant
06-26-2007, 06:30 AM
Welcome to the club. Now you're a rider. Glad to hear you're ok. Nice leathers by the way.

Cakes206
06-26-2007, 08:41 AM
Damn Paul...glad it wasn't to bad and you were able to get back out there. Like Ant said, welcome to the club.

BurnCycle
06-26-2007, 08:53 AM
Also a member... First joined about 4 years back but just renewed the membership earlier this year. :roflmao:

ffejtable
06-26-2007, 10:18 AM
crashing sucks... glad yer ok!

RCM78
06-26-2007, 04:56 PM
That was Kevin Sullivan helping you on the track.
Glad you are ok and didnt get hurt... As for the levers, you should've asked around I have both levers for an R1 in my spares box... The clutch lever is the same for all years. The brake lever may be different.

Moe-lassas
06-26-2007, 10:23 PM

Nope. He's number 277.

extreme78
06-26-2007, 10:37 PM
That was Kevin Sullivan helping you on the track.
Glad you are ok and didnt get hurt... As for the levers, you should've asked around I have both levers for an R1 in my spares box... The clutch lever is the same for all years. The brake lever may be different.

That was Kevin. Very nice guy. I got the clutch lever from TPM store for $15. Rearset was whole different story. Well I did my shopping on ebay so Im ready for the next track day.

pillaka
06-26-2007, 11:30 PM
crashing happens, just don't loose count how many times it happens

lateapex
06-27-2007, 08:48 AM
Umm, they didnt tie it down? At least it fell on the same side :)

Glad to hear your alright and be glad it didn't fall off the trailer.

Crashing sucks and getting hit from behind sucks too...

Ryan NJ
06-29-2007, 03:43 PM
I took care of all that crashing on the street. That's why I am now track only. Geez where's a piece of wood to knock on.......aaaaaahhhhhhhh woood wooooooood where is it.

Oh Crap! now I'm done for next time out.