PDA

View Full Version : Laser CF Hot-Cam for my CBR...

Retom7
06-25-2007, 07:42 PM
Finally got an exhaust after 6 months of hassle. Thanks to the guys at RPM, I got a Hot-Cam CF pipe from Laser Exhaust. The pipe fit beautifully, went on in about 5 minutes, add 10 for taking off plastics and putting them back on, and I love it. Took a few minutes to get the rivet off to swap out silencers. I left the off-road tube in the can because it's still quiet as hell for an exhaust. Sounds great though. It definately has a deep tone like Laser says, and even in the high RPMs, I have no worries about being pulled over for noise. I think the Db level is somewhere in the mid to upper 90's, and if I must go quieter, I can put the street silencer right back on. Very happy with it though.

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa11/retom7/102_2220.jpg
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa11/retom7/102_2219.jpg

CBRBob
06-25-2007, 08:02 PM
The can has yet to break in. As it does, it will get louder. Very cool!

Lucky7
06-25-2007, 11:26 PM
Thats a really clean f4. The pipe looks sweet.

FigNewTon
06-25-2007, 11:30 PM
Looking good...and like Bob said, give it some time to break in and it will get louder.

Retom7
06-27-2007, 12:41 AM
Thats a really clean f4. The pipe looks sweet.

Thanks. That's actually dirty though... dead bugs all over it, but I try to keep a nice coat of wax, and then follow it up with a wipedown before I ride it each time with the detailers spray... unless covered in dirt and mud, then it's time for a full blown bath. I'm a firm believer that things work better when they're clean, it just seems to be the case that even my car runs better when it's clean.

I'm looking forward to the loudness once that develops. How long does it take for a pipe to break in (estimate of course)? Good thing I can always go quieter with this one.

CBRBob
06-27-2007, 06:52 AM
Too many variables, just ride it and enjoy.

sonny
06-27-2007, 09:49 AM
Thanks. That's actually dirty though... dead bugs all over it, but I try to keep a nice coat of wax, and then follow it up with a wipedown before I ride it each time with the detailers spray... unless covered in dirt and mud, then it's time for a full blown bath. I'm a firm believer that things work better when they're clean, it just seems to be the case that even my car runs better when it's clean.

I'm looking forward to the loudness once that develops. How long does it take for a pipe to break in (estimate of course)? Good thing I can always go quieter with this one.

Bikes are meant to be ridden, not washed!!!! :ride:

Lucky7
06-27-2007, 10:17 AM

Can of Honda Polish and Cleaner for a one stop solution.

Retom7
06-27-2007, 10:24 PM
Hey now! I ride it plenty... I'm about to hit 10k. I got it with 2700 in October. I just choose to clean when I should be sleeping.

shadoxkila
06-29-2007, 04:06 PM
your one of the few people worried that there bike will be too loud, i think i cleaned my bike once last summer....if the choice was to ride it or clean it for an hour, i said F it....its just gonna get dirty anyways

Retom7
06-30-2007, 02:25 AM
Well, I live in a quiet town.... loud motorcycles with frequent midnight to 3am home times = angry neighbors. The cops have pulled me over multiple times for my last car which was not loud at all, etc. I also do a lot of riding, and loud = annoying if you're just cruising and hitting that sweet spot for 20 miles. Don't get me wrong, I love loud, it's just not practical.

Cleanliness thing... in the time my bike needs to warm up, it's already cleaned and ready to go. It's not like there's much surface area. Waxing even takes no time. I don't get in there with a toothbrush or anything though, I'm not that anal about it.