PDA

View Full Version : Olivier Jacque out Anthony West in?

EvilSteve
06-20-2007, 12:53 PM
http://www.motorcyclists-online.com/racing/newsmo.php?art=377

The second time I've seen a rumor along these lines looks like we might see one less Frenchie and one more Aussie on the GP grid. West has been riding like an absolute champ in WSS, he deserves a chance somewhere. He'd been riding in 250s up till he got called to replace Kevin Curtain (injury) at Yamaha Germany in the WSS. The first race he was in on the 600s (new track) he came 3rd, 2nd race he won in the rain and he won the third race in the dry. I'm not 100% sure but I'm pretty sure they've been Yamaha's only wins this year in WSS. Impressive stuff.

NYCSTRIPES
06-20-2007, 01:02 PM
What are they feeding to you "Down Under folk??" There's just never a shortage of great riders from Australia. Good luck to him if they give him that seat.
Ken

carl_g
06-20-2007, 01:32 PM
Ant west has always been one of my favorite riders. He is great on a 250 especially in the wet!

Lucky7
06-20-2007, 01:32 PM
What are they feeding to you "Down Under folk??" There's just never a shortage of great riders from Australia. Good luck to him if they give him that seat.
Ken

Must be the meat pies. Isn't Casey Stoner another Aussie as well? Hopefully, Kawasaki has better luck getting to the podium on Anthony West's back

EvilSteve
06-20-2007, 02:29 PM
Stoner, Bayliss, Corser, Mladin, Vermeulen, West, Pitt, Curtain, Parkes, Brookes, Martin, Muggerige, Attard, Gobert, Buckmaster, Chad Reed

Don't forget some of the retired well known guys: Doohan, Gardiner, McCoy.

All Aussies, we're into our bike riding. :D

Lucky7
06-20-2007, 04:33 PM
Don't forget some of the retired well known guys: McCoy.

Loved watching McCoy race! The guy just races balls out. I follewed the guy when he racing Ducatis in SBK and the twins looked like thew were about to spit him out on every turn.

Hey EvilSteve, is dirt track racing popular in OZ? I know West is a former dirtracker and so is Stoner. I think Gobert also started on dirt.

EvilSteve
06-20-2007, 05:09 PM
I've heard several racers say that it is pretty popular, I don't really know though cause I was never into it myself (still aren't).

McCoy was awesome, shame his awesome-ness lead to so many crashes.

EvilSteve
06-21-2007, 01:11 PM
Confirmed. West will be riding for Kawasaki for the rest of this season: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/59998
Olivier Jacque has retired from racing: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/60018

SAXON117
06-25-2007, 09:39 AM
West was looking good yesterday, minus the crash. Still didn't do that bad at the finish. I think that was the most camera time Kawi has had in a long time.

EvilSteve
06-25-2007, 02:57 PM
The Brit commentators love Anthony West, I think it's because he raced in the UK for a while. I think that flows on to the directors that put them on camera. They always mention West, whichever category he's running in, 250s, 600s or GP. The crash was a shame but that's racing unfortunately. It is pretty impressive considering it's his first race on the bike though and in the category.