PDA

View Full Version : TPM Mosport 7-7 & 7-8

Ant
06-06-2007, 03:35 PM
I will be there *gasp* camping. Anyone else?

Jimmy
06-06-2007, 04:05 PM
Donna and I are looking forward to camping this year. :drink2:

Brian78
06-06-2007, 04:12 PM
im a 31% chance of going

carl_g
06-06-2007, 04:54 PM
Ant you driving up there yourself?
The camping there is excellent! :P

Ant
06-06-2007, 06:50 PM
Ant you driving up there yourself?
The camping there is excellent! :P

No, i'll probably go with cakes I think.

carl_g
06-06-2007, 07:06 PM
No, i'll probably go with cakes I think.

oh cool!:ride:

Chris
06-06-2007, 07:30 PM
Im going.Not sure if I gonna camp this time.Unless there will be a firework show this time.

~Donna~
06-07-2007, 10:50 AM
Im going.Not sure if I gonna camp this time.Unless there will be a firework show this time.

Yeah Jimmy said there was fireworks the last time we were up there but we stayed in a hotel and missed them. Who would know if they are definitely gonna have em this year?

Cakes206
06-07-2007, 11:02 AM
Yeah Jimmy said there was fireworks the last time we were up there but we stayed in a hotel and missed them. Who would know if they are definitely gonna have em this year?
I'm on it :)

carl_g
06-07-2007, 11:39 AM
the camping there rules!~ Bring lots of beer and some kind of mini bike to do night laps with!

wcrbikemike
06-13-2007, 10:20 PM
The WCR crew will be there with the bus, camper and of course beer.

extreme78
06-16-2007, 09:57 PM
Im in. Where I can find more info about camping? Never been there.

wcrbikemike
06-17-2007, 08:30 AM
Just show up with your tent. There is no charge and is usually a blast there.

extreme78
06-17-2007, 08:46 AM
Just show up with your tent. There is no charge and is usually a blast there.
Cool thanks

Ant
06-17-2007, 09:29 AM
Ok, it doesn't look like camping is available at mosport on sunday night. Cakes, Jimmy, any ideas?

Chris
06-17-2007, 11:14 AM
Ok, it doesn't look like camping is available at mosport on sunday night. Cakes, Jimmy, any ideas?

We camped on sunday last year,I think your ok.You gonna do the gp race?

Ant
06-17-2007, 04:30 PM
We camped on sunday last year,I think your ok.You gonna do the gp race?

I dunno. Prob. not but who knows.

~Donna~
06-17-2007, 04:48 PM

Because of Jimmy's class Monday evening and the fact I have to work Monday night I believe we are headed home after the track day ends.

pillaka
06-17-2007, 09:58 PM
hmmmm thinking about going, it looks like a fun track

Chris
06-17-2007, 10:34 PM
hmmmm thinking about going, it looks like a fun track

If you go once,you will go every year.I will be leaving on sunday to.I have to work monday morning:(

TunerM
06-30-2007, 03:00 AM
I will be there...cant wait should be sick

Cakes206
07-10-2007, 11:39 PM
Ok, where to start...I know...we'll start with our shitty ass experience at Le Border. We get to the border in aboot 5 hours, we made great time, no traffic. Get to the booth, the guard asks the usual questions...
Where you from? Whats the purpose for traveling to Canada? How long will you be staying? Are you carrying any weapons/firearms?
Then another couple of questions that they never asked in the past 3 years...Who do you work for? and Are you carrying any commercial goods and/or doing business in Canada? Thinking to myself why am I being asked this, answer the questions, then I get handed the yellow slip and I'm told to go over to the side area. At this point I know we're about to get searched, no biggie I figure it shouldn't take long, that they'll take a quick peek and we'll be on our way right? Wrong. As I'm driving over to "the area" I look at the yellow tag and on it they wrote Team Pro Motion. I'm like, I never said TPM how did they know? Then I had remembered I have TPM stickers on the little window on the back doors which they saw. Anywho, I go park, go into the little building where again we're asked the same questions over again, but with more emphasis on the selling of any goods/doing any business questions. We're then told to have a seat. Waiting like 20 more min and the guys are about to go out to the truck again where they stop and said it was our last chance to tell them if they would find anything in the truck that would lead them to believe we're conducting any business...at this point I'm getting frustrated. They go out and start looking around, now the truck was packed and I mean packed to the gills with our shit, lol. They finally got lazy with all the stuff and called in for the dog. Freggin dog was all up in ma truck, all over the seats and what not...of course there was nothing to be found...whatever, an hour goes by, and a broken tail light on the trailer which was done by them on accident...pack up some of the stuff they took out and we're on our way again. Finally make it to the track and set up camp...Le joy.
Onto Sat. morning, start the day with a rider's meeting and head onto track.Within the first couple laps, I immediately was reminded why I really like that track. Taking it nice n easy for the first session. From the 2nd session on it was just hot laps after hot laps, having a great time out there. Got a bunch of thumbs up from a few coaches as well. Later on in the day was talking with Chris and one the other coaches and they were determined to get me into the blue group. We left it that Sunday morning they would take me into the Blue group to see how I did...Fast forward to Sunday morning during tech, coach slaps on a blue group sticker and before I know it I'm signing my life away :lol: During the rider's meeting the skies looked like they weren't going to cooperate with displays of lighting jumping across as far as you could see. Slight drizzle starts, great, I get to start out blue group in the rain I'm thinking. Thankfully it didn't rain much and about 90% of the blue group was running slicks and won't go out when its wet, so I head out with like four or five other bikes and a couple coaches. Next two sessions after that it was like me, Ant, Jimmy, like three other bikes and some coaches. Fourth session track is completely dry and everyone wants to play, lol. Little nerve racking and very humbling might I add being in the new group...but I just kept my head down, held my line, and stood my ground. I got to the point where I was literally only touching my brakes once...for Moses's Corner and that was it, the rest was throttle modulation(which I still needed to do less of) and using the gears. Even got a thumbs up from Ant...where afterwards he "pulled a Cakes on Cakes," I'll let him explain, lol. Talked to a few other riders out there who were also in blue and they said I did fine, held an excellent line and was very predictable. All in all it was an excellent two days of riding, I rode every session except the last one on Sunday...to quote Chris I was ass whooped :roflmao: Was great hanging out with everyone from our group, Ant, Jimmy, Chris, Donna, Amy...our little compound was cool, I even brought some fireworks or a little display at night. Big thanks to Chris and the other coaches up at Mosport...big thanks to all the other coaches and everyone from TPM for helping along the way...w/o you guys I wouldn't be the rider I am today...still tons to learn though.

I'm to tired to type anymore...heres some pics...I'll let Ant explain our near death experience with the Cat-5 hurricane that ripped through Sunday night, LOL.

Pic1- Our set up.
Pic2- Our set up starting to get dark, representing USA w/red, white, blue lights strung across.
Pic3- Smores by the camp fire.
Pic4- Best peanut butter ever! Sorry Jimmy, we just couldn't resist...this is why we all skipped the last session...Jimmy went out ans we snagged his peanut butter :roflmao:
Pic5- Got the bump.
Pic6- Me, Jimmy, Chris, Ant.

tommymac
07-11-2007, 06:15 AM
Good job, remember now you have to be a guest coach and go slumming with us in the red group:roflmao:

Speaking of red did ray get moved up yet.

Tom

Ant
07-11-2007, 10:11 AM
Well, Cakers pretty much covered everything in his post except for out near death experience the last night. I think a CAT 5 hurricane blew through. I was holding onto my tent from the inside praying I don't get blown away. And the constant lightning didn't help either. It was like being in a war zone. I honestly never thought I was going to die from weather before that night. Lost an EZUP too. See pics below. This was after it was staked to the ground and tied to 2 gas cans.

As far as riding it was good. Jimmy and I ran with each other all day and pushed each other to 1:35's. Then he went out and busted out a 34 that bastard. :lol: But a great weekend nonetheless.

FigNewTon
07-11-2007, 11:13 AM
Nice write up Cakes. Glad to see you guys had a good time and congrats on the bump!

Damn Ant, I really thought he was exaggerating about the CAT5 hurricane Sunday night :lol:

JasonB
07-11-2007, 01:41 PM
Nice write up Cakes. Cant wait to join you guys on the track again...

Chris
07-11-2007, 10:12 PM
The best trip to mosport yet.Give jimmy some of my little secrets to get him into the 34's.Cant wait until next year.I put 535 miles on my bike this weekend and the bike used 23 gals of fuel.Thank for a great trip guys and girls.
chris

Cakes206
07-12-2007, 12:06 PM
Good job, remember now you have to be a guest coach and go slumming with us in the red group:roflmao:

Speaking of red did ray get moved up yet.

Tom
Hehe, definitely. As far as Ray, has he been riding? Haven't seen him since vir. I'f hes goin to Beaver I'll definitely point him out to a couple coaches, hes ready I think.

John712
10-26-2007, 07:19 PM
damn EZ UP :lol:

Cakes206
10-26-2007, 07:23 PM
Way to bring back some frightful memories, lol.

Chris
10-27-2007, 09:07 AM
Way to bring back some frightful memories, lol.

Come on joe, your the one who put it in theropy..:lol: