PDA

View Full Version : list your favorite area twisty road here

capone609
06-05-2007, 07:14 PM
down by me exit 58 gsp lots of pine barren roads turns that turn to str8 aways barley any cops on these rds cheeck them out on the map 563--- -569 --542 ---stage rd in tuckerton off the rt 9 --------539 well 539 that is where that huge fire was there are other twistys off rt 72 also.................. by the asbury rest stop another few riders i ride with know those roads well see milstone rd on the map others in wall also there are binkini spotter roads that run right next to the beach and boardwalk.......... eyecandy for the guys and gals

causef0rconcern
06-05-2007, 07:28 PM
Hmm....Hunterdon/Warren/Sussex counties. Any of those roads ring a bell?

NGB
06-05-2007, 07:47 PM
:thumbup: +1 :nod2: :ride: Hmm....Hunterdon/Warren/Sussex counties. Any of those roads ring a bell?Yeah buddy,hit warren and sussex this past sunday had an absolute blast,no more chicken strips!

tsxguy77
06-05-2007, 08:30 PM
I dont know too many roads that are that great to ride, mostly because there are'nt any, but I found this one recently and its not too bad. Kind of short but I used Google to see the satelite image of the area and found a few more roads to take after this route to make it a little longer which I still need to try. Anyway, here it is.

http://motorcycleroads.us/roads/nj_cr524.html

High_Revs_17
06-05-2007, 09:00 PM
Rt 80 East of exit 30! :ohmygod:

SPL170db
06-05-2007, 09:48 PM
You guys should keep the lists of good and well traveled routes to PMs for obvious (or apparently not to obvious) reasons.

John712
06-05-2007, 10:16 PM
Hot 22 & Breathless

hey, theres a lot of twists, bumps, curves, dips, straights and on some occasions, POT HOLES.

capone609
06-05-2007, 11:49 PM
You guys should keep the lists of good and well traveled routes to PMs for obvious (or apparently not to obvious) reasons.

not looking to blow up your riding spots i was just looking for new riding areas around this area due that the fact that i just moved here

Marker54
06-06-2007, 12:01 AM
Hot 22 & Breathless

hey, theres a lot of twists, bumps, curves, dips, straights and on some occasions, POT HOLES.

he knows!!!

Retom7
06-06-2007, 12:34 AM
Don't know much about NJ because there are too many highways involved in me getting down there, but if you all come north into NY, there are LOTS of great rides. People seem to like Bear Mtn area, 218 (runs alongside of the mountains north of West Point, closed off quite often due to falling rocks), etc. Personally, beautiful roads, but LOTS of sight seeing traffic on the weekends.

Another good scenic road, which is amazing if you hit it early morning before the sight seers come out, and it's okay even with them out, is 44/55 from New Paltz to Ellenville.

My personal favorite road for scenic riding is 23A going up to Hunter Mountain in the Catskills. Runs right along the mountain edge with breathtaking views, 75%+ new pavement (bottom section of the hill is fine for speedlimit riding, but not for aggressive), and there are some amazing sights to be seen at the numerous pull offs.

Other than the scenic roads, I pretty much love every other county road in my area and in the neighboring counties. Town roads are usually very unkept and tend to include lots of tar snake infestations and other annoyances like cracks/gravel/dirt road sections in some areas/eroding shoulders/etc.

If you feel like the hike, I HIGHLY recommend going into western, CT around the Sharon/Lakeville area. Roads are amazing, 0 traffic, great terrain to watch as you're riding, very few (if any) cops due to the population of 20 out there. Luckily for bikers, that population of 20 are very wealthy, because those roads are just great.

SPRHK
06-06-2007, 08:02 AM
:thumbup: +1 :nod2: :ride: Yeah buddy,hit warren and sussex this past sunday had an absolute blast,no more chicken strips!

:nod2: :nod2: :nod2: :nod2: :nod2: :ride: :ride: :thumbup: :thumbup: +1 +1 :D :D :D :D :D :boobimac:

BurnCycle
06-06-2007, 08:31 AM
211 (http://www.mariposaderojo.com/mpg/211_R1.WMV)
421 (http://www.mariposaderojo.com/mpg/TheChase.WMV)

Mack
06-06-2007, 11:00 AM
650 and high point

njf4i
06-06-2007, 04:48 PM
Damn you guys are rough on this new guy. He's just trying to find some southern roads to ride in because he is stuck in flat straight land.

But capone most of the roads you mentioned are good roads for south jersey. You should shoot fejjtable a PM because he is from sorta south jersey and may know some other roads down there for you.

Also there just trying to help you because cops are known to read message boards and then sit on your favorite road while you may be doing a lil over the speed limit. ;)

causef0rconcern
06-06-2007, 06:09 PM
Cops are known to read these boards? Is that actually known, or speculated? I hear that everywhere but highly doubt it. I don't think LEOs have much trouble finding speeders regardless of where they are.

njf4i
06-06-2007, 06:44 PM
Cops are known to read these boards? Is that actually known, or speculated? I hear that everywhere but highly doubt it. I don't think LEOs have much trouble finding speeders regardless of where they are.

Well i know for a fact that 1 or 2 rides i was on, a cop actually showed up at the meet spot and told me that he knew about the ride from reading it on the net. Said it was an easy way to run plates and check paper work on bikes.

So if they do that i wouldn't doubt that they check peoples roads. Thats why you never see a stunt spot, or anything on message boards.

causef0rconcern
06-06-2007, 06:50 PM
Damn, I can't believe one actually came to a meet. OK I believe it now!

Redlinerider
06-06-2007, 07:01 PM
not looking to blow up your riding spots i was just looking for new riding areas around this area due that the fact that i just moved here

but thats exactly what it is.... ;)

just join a local group and go from there, never know who is reading.....

SAXON117
06-06-2007, 10:26 PM

Dude that's why we don't post routes for our rides. I will usually only PM routes so hooligans like you won't get me in trouble! :lol:

capone609
06-06-2007, 11:27 PM
i thought that when he wrote any LEO can read this post ............that LEO was like a bad rider or something including me...it just dawned on me LEO=law enforcement officer lol because people see i got a new cycle some assume that i am a new rider

capone609
06-07-2007, 01:31 AM
thanks njf41

yb929rr
06-07-2007, 06:46 AM
Well i know for a fact that 1 or 2 rides i was on, a cop actually showed up at the meet spot and told me that he knew about the ride from reading it on the net. Said it was an easy way to run plates and check paper work on bikes.

So if they do that i wouldn't doubt that they check peoples roads. Thats why you never see a stunt spot, or anything on message boards.

he must of been a real go getter. they do read message boards but, most of the time after a chase to find the dummy bragging about it.
either way best to play it safe. so my favorite road are rt 1 and 295.:nod2:

njf4i
06-07-2007, 07:43 AM
he must of been a real go getter. they do read message boards but, most of the time after a chase to find the dummy bragging about it.
either way best to play it safe. so my favorite road are rt 1 and 295.:nod2:

Yeah i love reading about the dumbasses that brag about the cop they out ran the night before. 9 times out of 10 they usually have a pic of themselves with there bike in there sig. :roflmao:

Oh and rt1 and 295 suck. Its all about the njtpk from exit 8 to exit 2. Now that is a serious road with crazy twisties and high speeds. :ride:

Redlinerider
06-07-2007, 09:09 AM
high speeds. :ride:

watcha know about high speeds ;) ;)

Commuta_Busa
06-07-2007, 10:47 AM
did someone say high speeds?

ahhh my pm's have been hacked... everyones secrets are now in the hands of LEO!

just go on some group rides, bring a GPS and then you'll know where the hell you were.

njf4i
06-07-2007, 12:20 PM
did someone say high speeds?

ahhh my pm's have been hacked... everyones secrets are now in the hands of LEO!

just go on some group rides, bring a GPS and then you'll know where the hell you were.

I thought you were gonna yell at me for blowing up your turnpike spot. :lol:

njracer
06-07-2007, 01:32 PM

Yes, they are reading and watching the msg boards.

I know for a fact that the State Troopers (my best friend is one) read and watch the boards (mostly for stolen motorcycles).

soda7o
06-08-2007, 11:51 AM
we should set meetspots at dunking donuts form now on.. this way the fat pigs dont have to get of their asses to come to a meet spot to bust our balls.

on a side note.. i will beout this weekend in the State on NJ breaking allsorts of traffic laws... :)

Pwang
06-09-2007, 09:25 PM
Damn, I can't believe one actually came to a meet. OK I believe it now!

Yeah dude... I personally saw this happen back in the day before Yahoo! sportbikes morphed into GSSC.

A lady with a camera just happened to show up at our meet spot in Watchung and started snapping pictures of bikes and plates. She claimed to be taking them for a magazine but Scott, founder of Yahoo! njsportbikes, later found out she was a cop.

Anywho, keep it to PMs for this and other reasons....