PDA

View Full Version : Honda Help

Cakes206
07-28-2005, 11:58 AM
As some of you may know, Qetesh has been having some trbl with her 01 F4i. Long story short, it wouldn't start, she brought it to a shop and they said all 4 cylinders only had 50 punds of compression...yea...exactly...I thought the same thing too :confused: ...so I got the bike out of there...pulled the plugs...dried em off...let the cylinders dry out over night...put a tender on the battery...this morning put the plugs back, and fired it up...was hesitant at first but she came around...all sorts of crap came out the exhaust(from being loaded up)...NOW...the real dilema start...the FI light is on. It blinks when the side stand is down, and is on constant when its up...at first it would blink 3 times then pause 3 seconds, then blink 3 times again...repeating over and over...then I noticed the fan wasn't coming on when it got to higher temp...tried to spin it by hand..it was stuck...puches a lil harder, a fuggin rock shot out...so the rock jammed the fan, which in turn blew the fuse...fan works now...BUT NOW...the FI light was still on but only blinking twice instead of three times...shut it down to let it cool...started it up again...now its only blinking ONCE...I though, hell shut it down let cool maybe it'll go away :lol: ...no such luck...I'm stuck with is blinking once and on constant when the side stand it up...if anyone knows what the difference in the # of blinks is I'd appreciate it...

:banghead: :jerkit: :twak: :shock: :vent: :vent: :cursin: :rant:

FigNewTon
07-28-2005, 12:01 PM
Not sure if the error codes are the same but I will check my manual tonight and let you know what it says. Have you tried calling a stealership and asking one of the momo's in service?

Cakes206
07-28-2005, 12:07 PM
Not sure if the error codes are the same but I will check my manual tonight and let you know what it says. Have you tried calling a stealership and asking one of the momo's in service?

Don't even get me started..I called up Pompton Honda/Suzuki and the kid was like Uhhh...can you hold on a sec...I hung up at the 15 minute mark :jerkit:

Thanks for lookin out.

FigNewTon
07-28-2005, 12:10 PM
Don't even get me started..I called up Pompton Honda/Suzuki and the kid was like Uhhh...can you hold on a sec...I hung up at the 15 minute mark :jerkit:

Thanks for lookin out.
That is what you get for calling those clowns....Try Hanover Honda on Route 10. They were real good with me when I got my RR.

Cakes206
07-28-2005, 12:13 PM
That is what you get for calling those clowns....Try Hanover Honda on Route 10. They were real good with me when I got my RR.

I just called Omar he works at Monmouth Cycles(why I didn't do that in the fisrt place is beyond me)...hes gonna look into it too.

duc748pilot
07-28-2005, 12:15 PM
joe...i will take a look at it if you want. i'll also test the compression again to confirm their findings. as far as mil-codes....they will not be the same from bike to bike. we can run it through the diagnostic check....as for the siginifigance of the sidestand being up or down...not 100% sure. what are the symptoms? as far as running...whats wrong with the engine?

Cakes206
07-28-2005, 12:24 PM
joe...i will take a look at it if you want. i'll also test the compression again to confirm their findings. as far as mil-codes....they will not be the same from bike to bike. we can run it through the diagnostic check....as for the siginifigance of the sidestand being up or down...not 100% sure. what are the symptoms? as far as running...whats wrong with the engine?

From what I can tell, engine sounds fine...I took it on highway real qwik...plenty of power, very responsive, reved fine.

jcblitz
07-28-2005, 12:33 PM

Thanks for lookin out.

wow, I'm suprised they didn't come back and just say "yeah, we have it in stock, come on down." :crazy:

DougZ
07-28-2005, 12:39 PM

Chris...maybe sometime you can come down my way, I bring bike up your way, and help me test compression too?? I am wanting a second opinion as well. I's still gonna put the new motor is, but liked to know how bad the old is really is.

duc748pilot
07-28-2005, 01:11 PM
yea idk joe...get the manual like i said and run the diagnostics check

doug....yea no problem.

DougZ
07-28-2005, 01:38 PM
yea idk joe...get the manual like i said and run the diagnostics check

doug....yea no problem.

Cool. I'm done Hijacking now. :)

Cakes206
07-28-2005, 01:47 PM
Cool. I'm done Hijacking now. :)

Thank you, damn kids :nono:

DougZ
07-28-2005, 01:55 PM
Thank you, damn kids :nono:

lmao, I'm older. :)

Cakes206
07-28-2005, 01:57 PM
lmao, I'm older. :)

Then act it, OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Cakes206
07-28-2005, 05:40 PM
Big thanks to Raheemtherugged(Omar)...he faxed me the shop manual pages for the blinking error.

1 Blink
- Loose or poor contacts on MAP sensor
- Open or short circuit in MAP sensor wire
- Faulty MAP sensor

So I'm hoping there just a loose connection from when the bike was initially taken apart and put back together at the shop it was at...I'll know in the am.

~Donna~
07-28-2005, 06:56 PM
Damn shame you are having all this trouble :( .... but on a funnier note "Suzuki Jen" :lol:

RCM78
07-28-2005, 07:07 PM
I'll bet it's the MAP sensor!!! :nod2:

Cakes206
07-28-2005, 07:07 PM
but on a funnier note "Suzuki Jen" :lol:

She'll be comin to the dark side one day :evil2:

Cakes206
07-28-2005, 10:29 PM
I'll bet it's the MAP sensor!!! :nod2:

Map sensor itself taking a crap, or the connection to it? Everything was fine before stuff was taken off for the compression check(as far as the FI goes.)

Cakes206
07-29-2005, 05:40 PM
Bike is now at wcw :banghead:

FigNewTon
07-29-2005, 06:08 PM
That doesn't sound good....any word yet?