PDA

View Full Version : Redneck Tour 07 Report

Ant
06-01-2007, 11:01 AM
Probably the best weekend I've ever had in my life. It was really hot though and I was sliding around a bit out there but I didn't crash and set a new personal best time at Summit. VIR North is an unbelievable track but the Patriot is a bit eh. Anyway here are some pics.

Smokes35
06-01-2007, 11:11 AM
Ant-- u should really look into getting a fro-- it looks awesome..

glad u had a nice time on your trip.

Lucky7
06-01-2007, 12:09 PM
Glad you guys had fun and had no getoffs. Any track action pics?

Ryan NJ
06-01-2007, 01:51 PM
Sooooo what was your personal best. and what what it improved by. The north course is tricky and quite often the right line alone will save you 2 seconds.

I could only muster up a 1:44 with consistent 1:45's all around it. There were three or four guys that were at least 3-4 seconds faster than me every single lap and following their lines changed my times drastically. I have never been to another track that the line so drastically affects your lap times.

Ant
06-01-2007, 06:12 PM
Sooooo what was your personal best. and what what it improved by. The north course is tricky and quite often the right line alone will save you 2 seconds.

I could only muster up a 1:44 with consistent 1:45's all around it. There were three or four guys that were at least 3-4 seconds faster than me every single lap and following their lines changed my times drastically. I have never been to another track that the line so drastically affects your lap times.

Well, at summit I ran a 26 but at vir i could only get a 48. It was my first time there and i was pushing the front on the DC III's.

Ryan NJ
06-03-2007, 08:55 PM
I gotta tell you...a couple of tweaks at VIR and you would drop tons of time. Look for me on the orange bike next time you're out there.

Cakes206
06-04-2007, 08:42 AM
Probably the best weekend I've ever had in my life.
+1 Most enjoyable track event to date. Great weather & great company makes for an awesome group of days. Summit was great. Took the first session to warm up, after that it was a blast. Gallo spent a little time showing me some stuff that really helped out a lot. Cleaned up the whole 5 thru 8 section. Then onto VIR. First time on the Patriot course. All I have to say is wow, what a work out. Went out for the first session and was shocked at how quick T1 comes again, I was like "Damn, that it?" By the 4th lap of every session my right leg felt like it was on fire, lol. The track is short n tight, just how I like em ;) Very deceiving and does kick yer ass. The paddock situation is still a mess though. :arrr: After that it was a quick break down of our pit area and move over to the North course. North is just an awesome layout. Again, taking the first session to warm up, 1/2 way thru the first session I noticed a big dirt cloud to the left of the front strait. Turns out, the guy missed the kink and ran out of track(for those who been there know how important it is to make that kink.) Hes ok though. Lot of other crashes as well, seemed to be a lot of knuckle heads out there and all the groups got a "talking to" up at the grid during one rotation. Definitely helped calm some egos which was much needed. All in all was a great time though...thanks all.

John712
06-04-2007, 08:46 AM
that kick is where that 4 bike pile up happen last year right in front of me. needless to say, i packed up right after that and went home :D

but glad you guys had a great time.

NYCSTRIPES
06-04-2007, 12:12 PM
Good meeting you and some of the other fellas. Definitely a good time.
Ken