PDA

View Full Version : looking for riding pants suggestions

jesse370
05-23-2007, 12:21 AM
I searched around and couldn't find anything that really helps me.

I have been wanting to get proper riding pants for a year now, until now I have used bohn leg armour with hard knee shin armour. I plan to still use that but want something with more abrasion resistance.

here is my problem. I'm around 5' 9"-10" but I have really broad shoulders and torso ( it was a bitch to find a leather jacket that fit) and I have a 36-38 waist depending on jeans. BUT my legs are wider then my waist...I have strong legs but nothing fits and that is the dilema, I tried all the olympia pants at the local ducati dealer and they all fit great on my waist and were super tight on my legs, and if I went up enough to get them to fit my legs they would fall right off.

Ideally I would like to get a one or two piece suit but my body type would mean I would have to have a custom suit made. So that will probably be out for the time being because of time and money reasons. So I guess I will go with strong textile pants or leather pants but anyone know any brands that are tailored to fit someone like me??

Any help would be really great, I would prefer to try before I buy but last time I was in WCW I didn't see anything that was close and I hate to have ron order tons of pants just to find none fit, ideally I would like to find a place try em and buy from him.....

GIX750
05-23-2007, 07:56 AM
hey, i know it's prolly not really what ur lookin for, but i have a pair of icon barrier pants. they are more of a casual pant but are pretty tough. they are also comfortable. i also have thick legs for my size and there is plenty of room. like i said i know it's not ideally what you're looking for, but for the time being it might be somethin to check out.

CBRBob
05-23-2007, 09:39 AM
You need Pillow Pants.

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/jsbstash_1949_639869

njf4i
05-23-2007, 09:49 AM
Or you could always get custom pants/suits from Vanson.

They'll get your measurements and make them just for you.

_Jay_
05-23-2007, 01:55 PM

All for the low low price of your first and second born?

Lucky7
05-23-2007, 03:36 PM
Try elitewears.com

He's a member on a couple of boards and he's an all around nice guy. Does custom leatherwork locally.

soda7o
05-23-2007, 04:03 PM
Try elitewears.com

He's a member on a couple of boards and he's an all around nice guy. Does custom leatherwork locally.

i woud lreccomend ass-less chaps.. but ifyou dont like that idea check out elitewaers.com like luck siad.
the guys name is Zee and is a cool guy who rides, and i have seen his products and they are very good quality

CBRBob
05-23-2007, 06:54 PM

Yep, and you should have them just in time for the 2008 riding season.:P

jesse370
05-23-2007, 11:38 PM
Dude assless chaps would be bad ass on my monster......

I can see it now.

wait no I can't.

Lucky thanks for the heads up on elitewears.com I checked the site out and will have to give them a call really soon.