PDA

View Full Version : MotoCzysz C-1 at Miller Motorsports

Cakes206
05-10-2007, 09:18 AM
For those who don't know about this bike yet, http://www.motoczysz.com/main.php?area=home check it out. For those who do, all I have to say is that any picture and/or vid clip cannot do this bike any justice once you've had the chance to witness it up close in person. I had a great opportunity to go out to Miller Motorsports for the R2SL (http://www.racing2savelives.org/) event, and who set up shop just a few feet away were the guys from motoczysz! This bike is really like something I've never seen or heard before. When they fire it up the compression literally pounds right through you...like a top fuel dragster just at a smaller scale. Everyone in the crew is top notch and very professional. I had the opportunity to meet a few of them, including Tony, one of the engineers of the C-1. Real down to earth guy, said that this was actually his first gig right from grad school. We got to talking about the bike and their plans, I asked if anything was going to happen with MotoGP in the future, he kinda looked and said he didn't know if he could say :doh: But he was able to say that the bike was initially built to 2006 spec with its 990cc, and that with the new 800cc spec they have a few things that they're working on to keep their options open. I mentioned that I also never heard a bike this loud before, he laughed and said the bike hits 109-110db...thats just insane. I mentioned SBA and how there were a few people who talked highly bout the bike, he looked surprised and asked if I had a card that he'd like to check it out(that would be cool.) During their testing/tuning they had a few glitches. At one point they fired it up and gel like watery substance shot out like 10 feet across the ground, ended up being that the prototype radiator they were using failed so they had to tear it down and in no time had it running again. They also had a sensor fail as Mike Czysz was about to take it out causing the engine to cut itself off. Its all relative and part of the game. Was amazing to watch the crew look at the issues at hand and work together to get the job done. Discovery Channel was also there all weekend taking all kinds of footage, of course I made sure to get in as many shots as I could :nogood: which should air sometime in September they said.

Initially I forgot my camera, but was able to snag a few shots with my phone. Sorry for the poor quality. The exhaust is just as busy on the other side as well :lol:

Enjoy.

IrocRob
05-10-2007, 09:26 AM
Very cool Joe! - I'd love to see & hear that bike in person.
I saw the "prototype" at the NY motorcycle show and had
a chance to talk to a few people there.

I've been following their progress as close as possible for
several years, and they were friendly enough to mail me
a couple of the posters from their "debut" at Laguna Seca.

The MotoCzysz is the most interesting bike I've seen since the Britten.

What a great bonus for all who went to R2SL at Miller!

Thanks for the update!

SPL170db
05-10-2007, 09:56 AM
109-110db???

Typical MotoGP bikes hit 120+ :D :D :D

Lucky7
05-10-2007, 10:02 AM
I mentioned that I also never heard a bike this loud before, he laughed and said the bike hits 109-110db...thats just insane.

Went to see the USGP in 05 and on Day 1, I watched practice and qualifying. First time in seeing the 4 stroke GP bikes run and I forgot to bring plugs. Man those fuckers are painfully loud. Like hurts your ears and gives you headaches as it flies by loud. Needless to say, I made sure to bring plugs for Day 2 and Race Day.

That year was the unveilling of the C-1 and Michael Czysz ran that bike on Cannery Row in Monterrey the night before race day.

Cakes206
05-10-2007, 10:03 AM
109-110db???
Typical MotoGP bikes hit 120+ :D :D :D
Not as loud and just as fast ;)

SAXON117
05-10-2007, 10:31 AM
God Damn, I love that bike more and more everytime I see or read about it!:drool: :hail:

RCM78
05-10-2007, 10:36 AM
So how was Miller?

RCM78
05-10-2007, 10:37 AM
The MotoCzysz is the most interesting bike I've seen since the Britten.

They have a Britten at Barber Motorsports Museum...

IrocRob
05-10-2007, 10:43 AM
They have a Britten at Barber Motorsports Museum...

One of ten in the world, I believe...
Britten has a website that lists the bikes owners and their locations.
There are 3-4 in the U.S. if I remember correctly.

Do they still have it right inside the main entrance?

I'll get there one of these days, I could spend a week
just looking around the museum. I'll I've seen of it so
far has been on their website and in magazines....

They'll probably have a C1 there eventually.

EvilSteve
05-10-2007, 12:45 PM
It's an awesome bike, I just want to see them compete somewhere.

High_Revs_17
05-10-2007, 06:21 PM
Looks like he moved the radiator from the undertail to the front, besides that there aren't any other obvious changes I can see in those pics from the original prototype.

He goes to see one of the most amazing race/sportbikes on the planet and he forgets his digi-cam? :ohmygod: Still no pics of you sitting on it? :lol:

Don't forget fellas, that bike's about the same width as the rear tire. :moocow:

Cakes206
05-10-2007, 06:25 PM
Looks like he moved the radiator from the undertail to the front, besides that there aren't any other obvious changes I can see in those pics from the original prototype.

He goes to see one of the most amazing race/sportbikes on the planet and he forgets his digi-cam? :ohmygod:

:lol:

While talking to the engineer Tony, he was saying that more than 90% of the bike is still the same from when they first rolled it out, not much had to be changed.

LOL, I had it with me, just forgot it at the room...was up at 5am and le tired at that time.

SPL170db
05-10-2007, 07:38 PM

He goes to see one of the most amazing race/sportbikes on the planet and he forgets his digi-cam? :ohmygod: Still no pics of you sitting on it? :lol:

Don't forget fellas, that bike's about the same width as the rear tire. :moocow:

One thing that I distinctly remember different from the original prototype is the routing of the exhaust piping.

When I first saw the prototype C1 at the motorcycle show I asked Michael why he was routing the exhaust piping right on top of the rear shock reservoir. A little hard to see with the spring in the way, but the piping runs up over the swingarm basically touching the rear shock reservoir. I said to him having a hot exhaust pipe heating up your shock oil is going to make the back end start to lose damping and fade alot faster than you're gonna want it. He said according to Ohlins it wasn't a problem as they often mount reservoirs in race cards right on top of turbos.

http://www.cmgonline.com/articles/CMG06/news/060713/BigP/Motoczysz_side_view_bg.jpg

Obviously they rethought that route since the piping is now well clear of the reservoir after they went back to the drawing board.........I like to think that it was me that gave him that idea whether or not I actually did or not :lol:

http://www.motoczysz.com/images/photos/vegas10.jpg

Cakes206
05-10-2007, 07:44 PM
Looks like they moved the gold reservoir all together. Note the last pic I posted compared to the last one you linked. Hmmm...interesting.

PitsVtec
05-10-2007, 09:39 PM
nice...

IrocRob
05-11-2007, 12:01 AM
The first bike was a "proof of concept" machine. They used it for testing
their ideas to see if they were worth pursuing, and as a promotional tool
so that they could raise money and hire good people to work on the bike.

The original engine was welded together from a couple GSX-R engines,
(if I remember correctly)and the entire package was compromised based
on the design of that "proof of concept" engine.

Although generally similar, the actual "packaging" of the new bikes is
quite different in detail from the original "prototype", which is said
to be on display in Michael Czysz's office.

If you compare the photos of the original bike and the new bike
side by side, the detail differences become more obvious.

The C1 still has a radiator in the tail. It also has a large radiator up front.

soda7o
05-11-2007, 08:40 AM
will this ever make it to the public?

IrocRob
05-11-2007, 08:48 AM
will this ever make it to the public?

For about $100,000 you can buy one from the first limited
production run of fifty bikes. A dollar and a dream...:doh:

soda7o
05-11-2007, 09:22 AM
For about $100,000 you can buy one from the first limited
production run of fifty bikes. A dollar and a dream...:doh:

ill buy a ticket tonight... if i win ill get one..if i lose ill be a dollor short