PDA

View Full Version : eddy current dynamometer @ Xtreme Machine!!

Fuzy_GSXR1000
05-09-2007, 11:51 AM
I told Tommy I woulf plug him and Joey I hope you don't mind maybe you can setup a sportbike addicts ride & tune over there the Kid is a amazing tuner and he just so happens to be Italian!!1 Que Bella!!! Look what he morphed my lil gurl into a fuckin beast yo...lol:P

sonny
05-09-2007, 01:08 PM
What is it stock?

CBRBob
05-09-2007, 02:04 PM
Yea, thier dyno reads really high

SPL170db
05-09-2007, 02:17 PM
K5/K6 1K's typically turn anywhere from 150-160 hp stock.

Fuzy has a slip-on, filter and PC3 on it. The baseline dyno pull in red shows it making approx. 160hp.

That is not high for those mods on this bike. I do believe that EC997 dynos allow you to tune much better than a dynojet.

RCM78
05-09-2007, 04:00 PM
Their dyno reads high. It's setup that way. Tommy is a very good tuner though. He did my R1 and I'm very happy with the power delivery.

CBRBob
05-09-2007, 04:24 PM
The Dynojet Dynos of the last 5-7 years ARE E.C. dynos. Lets not get into a whos dyno is better match....again. How you tune them and how precise you want to tune them are what makes the tune better or not.

EC dynos are steady state, they can hold the drum at a certian rpm while the throttle angle is changed to vary the load. These make tuning precise. No like the old, rpm through the range every time and tune the curve days of old.

Redlinerider
05-09-2007, 05:35 PM
The Dynojet Dynos of the last 5-7 years ARE E.C. dynos. Lets not get into a whos dyno is better match....again. How you tune them and how precise you want to tune them are what makes the tune better or not.

EC dynos are steady state, they can hold the drum at a certian rpm while the throttle angle is changed to vary the load. These make tuning precise. No like the old, rpm through the range every time and tune the curve days of old.

my question is what the fuck is he going to do with all that :ohmygod: :LOL:

causef0rconcern
05-09-2007, 07:30 PM
Maybe that will make him forget about the iPod he still doesn't know how to use...

CBRBob
05-09-2007, 09:12 PM
DOH!

MatthewC
05-10-2007, 08:42 AM
how do bike dynos work? the same as cars? i thought it would tell you the whp not the bhp. How much is the loss from bhp to whp with bikes?

CBRBob
05-10-2007, 09:04 AM
It is showing BHP, at the wheels. So on a bike it would be RWHP. Confused yet? LOL

Typical loss is about 15%

MatthewC
05-10-2007, 09:19 AM
yeah so its not really bhp its rwhp?

RCM78
05-10-2007, 09:22 AM
Yes, it rear wheel horsepower.

MatthewC
05-10-2007, 09:54 AM
cool thats what i thought
thanks

CBRBob
05-10-2007, 09:58 AM
Yes, but on a EC style dyno, it's BHP hence BrakeHP.

SPL170db
05-10-2007, 10:06 AM
A 2006 GSXR 1000 makes 178 BHP stock.

Fuzy has a slip-on, filter and custom map. So that wouldn't be correct.

MatthewC
05-10-2007, 10:21 AM
but this dyno isnt really showing bhp its showing the hp at the wheel.. i thought

RCM78
05-10-2007, 10:34 AM
OK then, Brake horsepower at the rear wheel...:wtf:

Bob, stop confusing people...:rock:

MatthewC
05-10-2007, 10:43 AM
i dont know how an ec dyno works
i just figured it would be whp even thought it says bhp becuase of the number
if you factor in 15% loss it would be like 203 bhp

CBRBob
05-10-2007, 11:48 AM
i dont know how an ec dyno works
i just figured it would be whp even thought it says bhp becuase of the number
if you factor in 15% loss it would be like 203 bhp

203 Engine hp, yes if the dyno didnt read so high.

You are thinking engine HP, BHP is the way a EC dyno tunes. It had a brake on the drum, it measures power at the wheel at a certian drum/wheel speed.

Think of driving your car with your foot on the brake maintaining 20mph at 20% throttle. Lets say it takes 25hp to maintain that speed. Now floor the throttle (100%) but maintain 20mph. You will have to 'brake' harder to keep that speed. You may be making 50hp now but you are braking harder, hence BHP. Measured at the tire or at the flywheel, it dosent matter. The state of tune and the improvement is what matters.

SPL170db
05-10-2007, 12:55 PM
The definition of Brake Horsepower (BHP), is horsepower measured at the crank before driveline losses, plain and simple.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horsepower#Brake_horsepower_.28bhp.29

CBRBob
05-10-2007, 01:25 PM
Yes, and if you care to unbolt the engine from your bike to get it tuned be my guest......

SPL170db
05-10-2007, 01:48 PM
No need, had it tuned already and as I told the tuner beforehand I don't care what peak numbers it turns, I was interested in a smooth and useable curve, which is what I got.

:)

CBRBob
05-10-2007, 03:12 PM

SPRHK
05-10-2007, 07:20 PM
:yawn: :sleep:

njf4i
05-10-2007, 08:29 PM
I am so confused. But my friend did make a 175 bhp on extremes dyno with a 07 r1, only add on were power commander, and ack exhaust (not full but with mid pipe)

But my friend on his zx10 got his done on a dyno jet or something with a power commander, full ack exhaust, and ingnition modula was only putting out 168.

So does that mean he would be pushing 180 on extremes dyno???

CBRBob
05-10-2007, 08:31 PM

No, more like 195 :ride:

In2Speed
05-12-2007, 02:05 AM
Hey Bob, it seems to me you think ours is high for some reason? When we tune using the brake for step tests the numbers are actual wheel horsepower. When we are just doing sweep tests (which is what all the magazines post and everybody across the nation say when qouting wheel horsepower) we use "dynojet" numbers that we came up with by running a bunch of bikes then comparing them to magazines #'s to use as a multiplier. We did this because people were saying our numbers were too low in the beginning so we went with what everybody else uses when handing out dyno sheets. I am not sure exactly I can check but 170 sweep tests usually equal about 155 or so real Factory Pro Eddy Current Dyno Horsepower.

Jay

SPL170db
05-12-2007, 01:58 PM
Hey Bob, it seems to me you think ours is high for some reason? When we tune using the brake for step tests the numbers are actual wheel horsepower. When we are just doing sweep tests (which is what all the magazines post and everybody across the nation say when qouting wheel horsepower) we use "dynojet" numbers that we came up with by running a bunch of bikes then comparing them to magazines #'s to use as a multiplier. We did this because people were saying our numbers were too low in the beginning so we went with what everybody else uses when handing out dyno sheets. I am not sure exactly I can check but 170 sweep tests usually equal about 155 or so real Factory Pro Eddy Current Dyno Horsepower.

Jay

You shouldn't bow to the street squids that need their egos stroked Jay. I had mine custom mapped there as well and one of the good things I like about F.P. dynos is their repeatablity in results across all of their dynos.

Tell the dorks that are in search of nothing but high numbers to go to Factory Pro's website, read up and get educated on what exactly and how exactly their equipment works and if they don't like to go to a DJ dyno so they can feel like they have a bigger dick :lol:

CBRBob
05-12-2007, 05:30 PM
High #s or low, as long as there is a before and after with a smooth curve, that's all we need.

High_Revs_17
05-12-2007, 08:48 PM
High #s or low, as long as there is a before and after with a smooth curve, that's all we need.

Exactly, unless you're racing for a living who cares about top HP #'s, it's all about keepin' that line nice-n-smoooooooooth.

SPL170db
05-24-2007, 01:24 AM
So to help clarify this somewhat. As you can see Jay's previous post up there the explaination for the high numbers on the sweep test are a calculation to more or less equate what would be seen on a comparable DJ dyno.......a calculation basically.

So I went back and took a look at the step tests that were done on my bike (also posted in this forum) and checked out the step test for 100% throttle and sure enough the readout shows a max "true HP" of 157 HP and 81 ft/lbs.

So, going back to Factory Pro's website and comparing against some known figures that they have up there (since their recorded "true HP" figures are fairly consistent across varying FP dynos) both my K5 and Fuzy's K6 still seem to turn pretty strong numbers compared to the samples below.

http://www.factorypro.com/dyno/true1.html

gsxr1000, 05 all stock all stock 136-141 True HP

gsxr1000, 05 race gask, race fuel, exhaust, cams degreed, etc.Michael W. ~ 159 True HP

yzf1000 R1,05 w/ stock exup, slipons, Factory Pro V stacks. 3 samples tested ~145-147 True HP

Hayabusa, 1397cc engine1397cc Wiseco, Web cams, comp exhaust, stock stacks ported, milled head, tuned pc3~ 174.9 True HP
(True hp x 1.15 for DJ hp = ~200 DJ hp)

Ducati 999r, 2005
(several bikes tested) Termi system tuned with a pc3 141-143 True HP
(same as stock gsxr1000 k5!)

RC-51, all years all stock all stock ~ 100-106 True HP

Hayabusa, full system at least 20 samples tested ~ 142 - 148 True HP

_Jay_
05-24-2007, 08:41 AM
I dunno. All I know is that my bike isn't making 173hp with a slip-on, PC3 and BMC Filters. My guess is around 150hp +/-

SPL170db
05-24-2007, 09:27 AM
I dunno. All I know is that my bike isn't making 173hp with a slip-on, PC3 and BMC Filters. My guess is around 150hp +/-

When you got the map done did Tommy hand you 6 or 7 different sheets of paper?

Go look at them more closely. There should be one in green which is the full throttle sweep test, which displays the high number that is a calculated emulation of a DynoJet number, not a typical Factory Pro number.

There should also be another 6 or so sheets representing the 10, 20, 40, 60, 80, 100% throttle step tests. The blue printed one should be the 100% throttle step test (at least that was the one on mine). The numbers recorded in the step tests are what Factory Pro considers "true HP" and should be a lower reading number.

That is the actual, non ego-inflating number that we are referring to. Go read up on Factory Pro's website from that link I posted and you will understand better.

CBRBob
05-24-2007, 11:25 AM
Dynojet has been making Eddy Current dynos for YEARS. They tune the same way a FP dyno does, in steps. Either one can do a percent sweep test too.

SPL170db
05-24-2007, 12:31 PM
Mehhh, a DJ 250i is not much more than an old 150 with new coverings and a quasi electic braking device.

Moreso it's their idea of tuning a/f compared to F.P 4 gas analysis that I don't like (and has been proven to be inefficent). A/f is not an ideal means for performance tuning.

CBRBob
05-26-2007, 11:16 PM
Does anyone hear the crickets I do........................?

High_Revs_17
05-27-2007, 12:04 PM
Does anyone hear the crickets I do........................?

(as he raises his cell phone to the class)

k7 gsxr 1000
05-27-2007, 05:19 PM
who the fuck gives two flying shits as to what the fuck you are talking about. fucking tools, i think this dyno does that and this number means this.. what were the before numbers and what were the numbers after, thats all you need to fucking know. everyone in this fucking place is some fucking coach or hero of some bullshit that just means they werent good enough to be a real pro in the motorcycle industry. holy shit didnt this thread start as fuzzy wanting to see if any one else wanted to get a run over to extreme, not what fucking dyno bullshit ur friend used or you think is made by this guy or that. loosers.

_Jay_
05-29-2007, 11:08 AM
When you got the map done did Tommy hand you 6 or 7 different sheets of paper?

Go look at them more closely. There should be one in green which is the full throttle sweep test, which displays the high number that is a calculated emulation of a DynoJet number, not a typical Factory Pro number.

There should also be another 6 or so sheets representing the 10, 20, 40, 60, 80, 100% throttle step tests. The blue printed one should be the 100% throttle step test (at least that was the one on mine). The numbers recorded in the step tests are what Factory Pro considers "true HP" and should be a lower reading number.

That is the actual, non ego-inflating number that we are referring to. Go read up on Factory Pro's website from that link I posted and you will understand better.

Nope. He just gave me 2 sheets. One was a red sheet and one was a green sheet. Red sheet showed 163bhp and the green sheet showed 173bhp.

who the fuck gives two flying shits as to what the fuck you are talking about. fucking tools, i think this dyno does that and this number means this.. what were the before numbers and what were the numbers after, thats all you need to fucking know. everyone in this fucking place is some fucking coach or hero of some bullshit that just means they werent good enough to be a real pro in the motorcycle industry. holy shit didnt this thread start as fuzzy wanting to see if any one else wanted to get a run over to extreme, not what fucking dyno bullshit ur friend used or you think is made by this guy or that. loosers.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

SPL170db
05-29-2007, 11:34 AM
Nope. He just gave me 2 sheets. One was a red sheet and one was a green sheet. Red sheet showed 163bhp and the green sheet showed 173bhp.

Hmmm, I dunno, maybe you have to ask for it then. Well, taking into consideration the calculation that was used to come up with the number on my bike then the max power on the step test for your bike should have ready something about 151 HP.

:)

Commuta_Busa
05-29-2007, 12:00 PM
it's never a good idea to try and compare two different bikes on two different dyno's on two different air densities... Hell you can run the same bike on the same dyno at different times of the year and your results will be different...

I am so confused. But my friend did make a 175 bhp on extremes dyno with a 07 r1, only add on were power commander, and ack exhaust (not full but with mid pipe)

But my friend on his zx10 got his done on a dyno jet or something with a power commander, full ack exhaust, and ingnition modula was only putting out 168.