PDA

View Full Version : What tools do you carry with you in your ride?

Vin
07-26-2005, 10:30 PM
I carry my standard Suzuki toolkit, spare allen keys, tire plugging kit (Carmel type plugs), and an air gauge.

Qetesh
07-26-2005, 10:32 PM
I carry my standard Suzuki toolkit, spare allen keys, tire plugging kit (Carmel type plugs), and an air gauge.

You fit all that in your ridiculously small trunk? I think Cakes said you can fit two pieces of gum at best in there :lol:

I carry no tools because my bike didn't come with the kit. I do carry napkins, ear plugs, sunblock, a hat, chapstick, camera, and some other miscellaneous items. I'm sure if I really needed, I could pull a MacGyver :LOL:

Vin
07-26-2005, 10:41 PM
You fit all that in your ridiculously small trunk? I think Cakes said you can fit two pieces of gum at best in there :lol:

Yes ma'am! You can squish some stuff under the seat. ;)

I carry no tools because my bike didn't come with the kit. I do carry napkins, ear plugs, sunblock, a hat, chapstick, camera, and some other miscellaneous items. I'm sure if I really needed, I could pull a MacGyver :LOL:

Chicks... :crazy: :lol:

Qetesh
07-26-2005, 10:46 PM
Yes ma'am! You can squish some stuff under the seat. ;)

Chicks... :crazy: :lol:

:LOL: Don't be hatin' because I have more trunk space then you do :thefinger :LOL:

Kawibabe
07-27-2005, 12:05 AM
I have my Kawasaki tool kit in there, then I have my insurance & registration too. Umm...I have a little "glove" box and I have a hairbrush in there & a napkin or two. Sometimes I have my camera with me and that goes under the seat. My chapstick is in my jacket pocket. he he he

I Ride
07-27-2005, 01:11 AM
i carry this cool plastic giveaway thing that I got that goes under your kickstand when on soft ground and thats it. Seriously.

LuvDog
07-27-2005, 07:37 AM
I didn't get the tool kit... since I bought my bike used and the previous owner didn't have it.

I carry a kickstand puck and sunglasses.

My emergency took kit is my cell phone.

ronin_01r1
07-27-2005, 09:12 AM
cell phone
wallet
digital camera
bike manual
oem tool kit
multi allen key tool (looks like a giant swiss army knife)
a few paper towels (in case i have dairy...lol)
about 5 zip ties
individual alcohol wipe pads
air gauge

other stuff i've been thinking of adding:

a small roll of duct tape
sunglasses
earplugs
tire plug kit

DougZ
07-27-2005, 09:14 AM
:LOL: Don't be hatin' because I have more trunk space then you do :thefinger :LOL:

We talking about bikes here or something else. :) j/k

I just carry the Suzuki tool kit...maybe some allen wrneches if I recently did something that I feel might loosen up on the next ride.

FigNewTon
07-27-2005, 09:36 AM
LMAO!!! She is going to throw you a beatin for that one Doug

I usually just carry my Honda toolkit but I would like to start taking along tire plug kit. A lot of time you end up riding in the middle of nowhere down here...

Vinny which one to you use?

Vin
07-27-2005, 09:42 AM
Vinny which one to you use?

Looks kinda like this:
http://www.sherco-auto.com/tirecare2.jpg

DougZ
07-27-2005, 10:28 AM
LMAO!!! She is going to throw you a beatin for that one Doug

nah, Jen loves me.....just took her a while to realize it. :)

soda7o
07-27-2005, 10:48 AM
Nothing......
i took my toolkit out the secondmy bike got home...
I got my cell and besides most of you fools carry all the shit so all i have to do is ask yous...

I Ride
07-27-2005, 10:58 AM
and besides most of you fools carry all the shit so all i have to do is ask yous...
:LOL: i didnt wanna point that out

did you get a bike ???

NeonspeedRT
07-27-2005, 11:03 AM
I carry the Honda tool kit that came with my bike, a Cruz sportbike multi tool (I got free from Honda), my cell phone, and a small bottled water. You never know when you may get thirsty.

Before anyone asks, yes I can carry a decent amount of stuff in the tail on my 900RR.

soda7o
07-27-2005, 11:23 AM
:LOL: i didnt wanna point that out

did you get a bike ???

ye si did .. 04 gix 750 i posted some pics... of it in the meber rides section..
its stil inpices but i got the tank and engine covers on last night...
subframe oil change and it shoudl be ready...

pmdez
07-27-2005, 12:14 PM
toolkit and my lock in the trunk.

Cakes206
07-27-2005, 02:16 PM
Looks kinda like this:
http://www.sherco-auto.com/tirecare2.jpg

What if the tire runs all the way flat...after you plug it, what you use to fill the tire back up? Or basically you're screwd? BTW Vin...where is the tool kit on our bikes? :bigblush: Guy who sold it to me forgot to lell me bout it...damn salesmen :lol: :lol:

nah, Jen loves me.....just took her a while to realize it. :)

Who lied to you? :lol: :lol:

Vin
07-27-2005, 02:19 PM
Cakes, the kit is directly under where the passenger seat is, strapped to the undertail. Should be in plain view, unless they changed it for the '05 model.

And if I had to plug it on a flat tire, I'd just have to ride the bike out to the nearest gas station. I've plugged a tire with minimal loss of air and have been able to ride it out with around 25 psi.

DougZ
07-27-2005, 02:19 PM
What if the tire runs all the way flat...after you plug it, what you use to fill the tire back up? Or basically you're screwd? BTW Vin...where is the tool kit on our bikes? :bigblush: Guy who sold it to me forgot to lell me bout it...damn salesmen :lol: :lol:

Who lied to you? :lol: :lol:

Oh sorry, you weren't supposed to know...its "our" little secret. :)

BTW, if your tool kit isn't under rear seat, its down behind battery box..get to it from side of bike near rear shock.

Brian78
07-27-2005, 02:22 PM
a self inflating - inflatable doll, never know when u need relief lol j/k, just my inhaler, tool kit, and reg/ins

njf4i
07-27-2005, 04:52 PM
I carry my honda tool kit, my honda care package that I won thanks to Monmouth Cycles and Omar. :)

I also carry a hook that holds my truck keys and watch. Oh and i just put a tire plug kit that i use with my quad. It has the plugs, tools, and the C02 cartridge for instant inflation when im stuck in no mans land.

**Oh and the only reason vinny carries all that stuff is because he has a little girly bag he keeps on his passenger seat :lol: **

Vin
07-27-2005, 05:19 PM
**Oh and the only reason vinny carries all that stuff is because he has a little girly bag he keeps on his passenger seat :lol: **

I... I just don't know how to respond to that. :wow: :embarrass

ronin_01r1
07-27-2005, 05:55 PM
I... I just don't know how to respond to that. :wow: :embarrass

:lol: :lol: :lol:

CBRBob
07-27-2005, 10:15 PM
Whatever is in the toolkit and a flat repair kit. Afterall, it's a Honda :)