PDA

View Full Version : Roebling Road ~ Memorial Day weekend

Barbi
05-02-2007, 10:12 AM
Thats right... I'm headed back to the track. This time to Savannah, GA. :ride:

Brian78
05-02-2007, 10:27 AM
you should come up to VIR for memorial weekend, its only a few hours further noth

Barbi
05-02-2007, 10:45 AM
$150 for both Sat & Sun, I couldn't pass it up.

Cakes206
05-02-2007, 11:05 AM
What TD Org?

Barbi
05-02-2007, 04:21 PM
Actually this chick Sarah rented the track for the weekend. So, it really isn't an org at all. :)

Barbi
05-02-2007, 04:27 PM
*** From the FLORIDA site ***
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is From *Notorious S* (Sarah Ervin)

It's a weekend full of fun on ur favorite motorcycle. May 26-27 which is Memorial Day. I picked this weekend because it's a holiday and I think more riders will be able to get away than say a non holiday weekend and they would usually have to work. The price is AMAZING! I was only taking a whole weekend if I could give everyone a DEAL...and WE GOT IT!!! (barely) I don't mean $10 or $20 off I wanted to do the deal $100 for one day $150 for two! I know that most would ride both days and I thought I'd be extra nice and give you 1/2 off if you stay to play the second day. I have NO idea where you will find a track like RRR freshly paved with sunny skies and be able to ride both days for $150. Most tracks/trackday companies charge that for one day. But since I'm neither I don't have too!!! Lunch will be served as usually and there will be 3 groups. This track day is OPEN TO EVERYONE!!! You don't need a race license because I'm buying the extra insurance to cover those without race licenses...(you can thank me later) I am having a cut off at 60 riders! There will only be 20 riders/group with 2 control riders/group for help if you need/want it.
This is my 5th track day I'll be putting on and I will say that every one of those 5 have sold out a week or two before the actually date. We have fun and we hang out and we practice to learn our bikes better. We DON'T stuff riders and we DON'T ride thinking we are Rossi! Those are my only two rules!

I don't have pay-pal but I heard it's easy to set up..So I'll be looking into that until then you can save your spot buy sending a check. If for some reason you prepay and can't make it u will be refunded the whole amount up till May 11th. The reason for this is in the past I didn't set a date and had a sold out day, turned people away, and then a day or two before the event cancel. That's not enough time for me to fill that spot.

I'm kinda nervous about getting 60 paid riders because my track days in the past I've cut it off at 30 riders...but being a weekend it costs more to rent so i had to double to riders just to pay for the rental and keep your cost at a low! So please tell your friends about this and pass the word around! Those that have been before can tell ya it's hella fuN!!!

BTW...I will likely be there (riding), David

Call 678.378.3247 to Register

Cakes206
05-02-2007, 04:50 PM
Actually this chick Sarah rented the track for the weekend. So, it really isn't an org at all. :)
I'm not touchin that one.

Barbi
05-03-2007, 09:07 AM
Just read the other thread :slap: sheeesh

Barbi
05-28-2007, 03:35 PM
Well.. I made it. What a blast. The whole track is just a bunch of sweepers and a long ass straight! My best time was only 1:32 but that's pretty damn good for this noobie. Good enuff to bump me from Novice to Intermediate :) yay me! Lots of wrecks though and NO runoff whatsover. One of our guys went down, he went wide, rode it off the track, hit the deep sand and the bike launched him, he landed and realized he broke his femur when he tried to stand up. :( That put a 3 hour delay in the program, but at least Josh is ok (considering). They only had one ambulance so we had to wait for it to get back before we could run again.
I even rode it up off the track but to the inside where there is a little runoff. I just ran one of the corners too wide, went dirt duc-in for a minute and rode right back on, took my next turn then pitted. Lucky for me it was the end of that session anyway. :) I am sooo ready to hit the track again.

:wave: hi my name is Barbi, I'm a track addict (now)

IrocRob
05-28-2007, 06:50 PM
:wave: ...hi my name is Barbi, I'm a track addict...

"HI BARBI" :lol: Welcome to the addiction...There is no cure.
"TAA" (Track Addicts Annonymous) has not yet been created because no one wants to stop...:doh:

Barbi
05-28-2007, 09:27 PM
OH MY GOD. I'm serious! Jennings has some deal 10 track days for $1k I'm seriously thinking about it. *note to self, Christmas present to me Jennings track days* :)

I even got my knee down this time BOTH of em! :slap: not that way! DRAGGGGGIN' baby~

carl_g
05-28-2007, 10:15 PM
\

I even got my knee down this time BOTH of em! :slap: not that way! DRAGGGGGIN' baby~

KICKASS!:arrr:

Cakes206
05-30-2007, 11:08 AM
Very nice. Sucks to hear about the guy in your group, hope he heals up soon. Whens the next day?