PDA

View Full Version : Stay away fro the Holiday Inn Express and any affilite!!

RaiderBeast
05-01-2007, 08:06 PM
For Spring Break we packed up the family and drove to South Carolina. When we headed back home, we decided to spend the night seeing it was already 1:30am and we were tired of driving. We were in North Brunswick, NJ and came upon the Holiday Inn Express on Route 1 North.

We checked in and after settling the kids down and watching a little tv, Six hours later, My wife woke up and staring her right in the eyes on her pillow was a BED BUG!!!! She threw her pillow and ran to me to tell me ... I captured and killed the bug and took it to the front desk. She informed us that she wouldn't charge our account until she talked to her Manager and then would let us know what we needed to do.

Fast forward to Thursday (5 days later). We never heard from anyone at the hotel. The hotel then charged us 50% off and didn't have the courtesy to contact us. My right arm is covered in bites and I fumigated my bedroom just in case I brought some home. I called the hotel and after arguing with them they refunded me the money.

They did not care that they had bed bugs and lied to us about trying to contact us. They have not done anything to treat the room or the hotel and continue to put customers in the room we used. Beware of this franchise and warn everyone!!

High_Revs_17
05-01-2007, 08:10 PM
Damn...did you file a formal complaint with their corporate HQ?

jcblitz
05-01-2007, 08:34 PM
http://www.ag.ndsu.nodak.edu/aginfo/entomology/entupdates/Indoor_pest/bed_bug.htm

was it those?

njf4i
05-01-2007, 09:15 PM
Umm i'm from north brunswick and didn't even know we had a holiday in express. Next time your coming thru you and the kids can come crash at my place. I'll only charge you a small amount and i there won't be any bed bugs.

PSYCHO1000R
05-01-2007, 10:50 PM
eww.. i crashed there a while back after a drunkin date.. i think i was too drunk to nitce bed bugs...

Liltenatattoo
05-01-2007, 11:41 PM
I thought you couldn't see bed bugs? i thought they were too small? maybe it was something else

causef0rconcern
05-02-2007, 12:13 AM
welcome to NJ

Cakes206
05-02-2007, 08:18 AM
We were in North Brunswick, NJ and came upon the Holiday Inn Express on Route 1 North.
From that statement I knew this wasn't going to be good.

soda7o
05-02-2007, 11:24 AM
ha ha ha ha ha you lucky it was only bed bugs.. could have been the hi five or clamidia or something ..lol

sleep in your car or crash at respectable place...

Redlinerider
05-02-2007, 02:26 PM
Damn...did you file a formal complaint with their corporate HQ?

this should have been your first phone call, they are spending millions in adds for the express units, you could have received more then just a free night.

i worked 8 years for hotels (corporate) , those units are a franchise, and if corp hears of things like that!!!! they pull the name of the street sign in a minute,