PDA

View Full Version : Very disturbing photos... NWS

PitsVtec
04-29-2007, 09:34 PM
I do not know what happened so I will not be able to give the details of this accident. I saw the pictures and thought maybe some would like to see. Gear is good to wear, but your actions are important too....
http://www.dallasriders.com/files/100_12472_154.jpg
http://www.dallasriders.com/files/100_12482_358.jpg
http://www.dallasriders.com/files/100_12502_658.jpg

PSYCHO1000R
04-29-2007, 09:36 PM
thats fucked up.. u better NWS the title though.. a bit disturbing...

jcblitz
04-29-2007, 09:59 PM
I've seen a lot of stuff, this is amazing.

PitsVtec
04-29-2007, 10:01 PM
thats fucked up.. u better NWS the title though.. a bit disturbing...

I thought I titled it appropriately....:moocow:

NGB
04-29-2007, 10:08 PM
yeah, that is disturbing!

SAXON117
04-29-2007, 10:12 PM
WOW :wow:

:tombstone :nono:

John712
04-29-2007, 10:14 PM
WHOA SHIT!!

now thats the weirdest one i seen yet.

PSYCHO1000R
04-29-2007, 10:16 PM
i cant stop lookin at it!! its so F'ed up.... poor kid, some family members gotta ID the body n stuff... sucks

SAXON117
04-29-2007, 10:20 PM
i cant stop lookin at it!! its so F'ed up.... poor kid, some family members gotta ID the body n stuff... sucks

its like a train wreck

PitsVtec
04-29-2007, 10:21 PM

Yeah I know...I can't imagine what happened....if he was going too fast and lost it....if the truck cut him off, etc....my high school teacher decapitated a man who stole a bike .....this is just so bothersome.... all be safe out there.....

High_Revs_17
04-29-2007, 10:24 PM
More of these pics should be posted on here at the begining of every riding season. Sucks that happened to him but at least everyone will keep this image fresh in the back of their minds the next time they throw a leg over.

NGB
04-29-2007, 10:29 PM
yeah def agree with ron.

PSYCHO1000R
04-29-2007, 10:40 PM
yeh i made the mistake of showing the pic to my bro, now im sure he'll bust my balls everytime i ride... cant say i blame him...

SAXON117
04-29-2007, 10:42 PM
yeh i made the mistake of showing the pic to my bro, now im sure he'll bust my balls everytime i ride... cant say i blame him...

I hear it from my mom all the time. If I was to show her that she would break my leg to keep me off the bike:nod2:

causef0rconcern
04-29-2007, 11:18 PM
From another forum I'm on with the same pics...

Tulsa - A Broken Arrow man was killed early Tuesday morning after a motorcycle accident on Highway 169 near 81st Street.

Witnesses say the cyclist was going faster than 100 miles per hour when he crashed into the back of a semi truck between 81st and 91st Street at about one o'clock Tuesday morning.

Investigators say evidence shows the cyclist was going about 120 miles per hour at the time of the impact. It took the truck driver more than a quarter of a mile to come to a stop. When he did, he stepped out of his rig and found the motorcyclist dead at the back of the truck.

"The truck driver was not hurt," says Captain Matt Kirkland. "He said that the impact was so strong that he thought he was hit from behind by another truck."

Officers said there was no indication that drugs or alcohol played a factor in the accident.

EvilSteve
04-29-2007, 11:50 PM
Thanks for the info cause'. Yet another good reason not to ride over your head (120mph on city streets is over anyone's head IMO).

RIP

CBRBob
04-30-2007, 07:13 AM
There is a big problem with the speed determined from police reports. They look at skid marks and such. People that ride fast and aren't very good riders almost ALWAYS lock the rear brake and skid into whatever they were trying not to hit. This leaves extremely long skid marks especially on sportbikes since they have very little traction/braking force available on the rear tire suggesting more than actual speed. With where this rider hit the truck, it looks as if he could have just swerved around it, yet another telltale indicator of an inexperienced/untrained rider. Sad.....

JimRBlue
04-30-2007, 03:04 PM
Sad to see. Be careful out there.

Rock712
04-30-2007, 03:31 PM
fucking squid, RIP

SPRHK
04-30-2007, 08:54 PM
try this on for size,........talk about disturbing:(

tommymac
04-30-2007, 09:09 PM
There is a big problem with the speed determined from police reports. They look at skid marks and such. People that ride fast and aren't very good riders almost ALWAYS lock the rear brake and skid into whatever they were trying not to hit. This leaves extremely long skid marks especially on sportbikes since they have very little traction/braking force available on the rear tire suggesting more than actual speed. With where this rider hit the truck, it looks as if he could have just swerved around it, yet another telltale indicator of an inexperienced/untrained rider. Sad.....

I see your point about the skidmarks from a bike but that guy had to hit that truck with some force so that a) the driver actualy felt it and b) for that guys head to push the rear door of the truck in like that and for his head to get stuck in there.

Tom

High_Revs_17
04-30-2007, 09:44 PM
try this on for size,........talk about disturbing:(

Haven't seen that one in years...gear gave him a false sense of security.

SPRHK
04-30-2007, 10:06 PM
Haven't seen that one in years...gear gave him a false sense of security.

My old boss sent these in an email about a month ago. I had never seen these before. Definately makes you think twice!! Just goes to show, even if you wear the proper gear, you are still vunerable.:nono:

ImmaSquashYou
04-30-2007, 11:12 PM
are you guys trying to make me sell my bike??? Oh man, i think i'm caging it for a while.....don't think its safe for me to ride thinking i'm going to get killed....But its def going to be in the back of my mind if i wanna twist the wrist too much...

tommymac
05-01-2007, 07:49 AM
are you guys trying to make me sell my bike??? Oh man, i think i'm caging it for a while.....don't think its safe for me to ride thinking i'm going to get killed....But its def going to be in the back of my mind if i wanna twist the wrist too much...

you can spend a few nights in the ER with us over the summer and see what we see. There are so many idiots around here who ride in t-shirts and mazi helmets so they dont even make it to the ER. One of the docs Iam friends with took care of a guy who slid on his back and you could see his tailbone and spine.

I get grief from a few of the guys at work but I also know 4 other ER docs who ride and one who comes to the track with me so go figure.

Tom

IrocRob
05-01-2007, 08:16 AM
You can either LIVE your life, or hide from it.

Either way, it's YOUR CHOICE.

I like to :ride:

NGB
05-03-2007, 11:48 PM
I agree with ya Rob, there's a time and place for the things we do when we ride.

ImmaSquashYou
05-03-2007, 11:50 PM
is it just me...or does neone else find it odd that his hat seems untouched and is still stuck on the strap of his back seat??