PDA

View Full Version : ****Lobster Fest IX****Sat 05/05****

Hanz-Solo
04-28-2007, 09:28 PM
**PLEASE READ ALL**

This ride will consist of 4 ride stages around NJ, PA, and NY... In between each stage we shall have about a 30min rest-stop, Which roughly brings us to a total of 6hr ride & stop (depending on pace)... The final destination is Pub 199 for an early dinner... The routes are scenic and fun to ride... This event is meant for all fellow members to come out and enjoy a social setting... The ride usually ends up with 35+ members... I would expect any of you to exercise good judgment and self-control... Be courteous and respectful towards other fellow riders (i.e. don’t do anything stupid that would have us all ticketed)... If you are approached with a concern for your safety and/or other’s, please have an open mind about it... and help us work something out or you will be asked to leave... I’m a reasonable guy, so lets all have us a good time!

Pub 199 MENU: (roughly)
Whole Maine Lobster (1.5lb): $10.00
Whole Maine Lobster (6-8lb): $55.00
New York Steak (20oz): $10.0
Snow Crab: $n/a
King Crab: $n/a
24 Clams: $8.00
24 Clams with Lobster (1.5lb) or Steak (20oz): $16.00
Domestic: $2.25
Import: $3.25
Burgers, chicken... etc.

They take CASH ONLY

THE BREAK DOWN
Date: Saturday, May 5th (Rain-day Saturday, May 12th)
Meet: Abandoned Restaurant by D&D and WCW @ (35 state Route 31 N, Washington, NJ 07882 (http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&q1=35+state+Route++31+N%2C+Washington%2C+NJ+07882&trf=0&lon=-74.975188&lat=40.759757&mag=3)) <== NOTE NEW MEET LOCATION
Meeting Start: 9:30am
Stands up: 10:00AM SHARP
Route: 186 Miles plus 3 x 30min rest-stops.
Destination: Pub199 @ (199 Howard Blvd, Mt Arlington, NJ 07856 (http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&q1=199+Howard+Blvd%2C+Mt+Arlington%2C+NJ+07856&trf=0&lon=-74.635963&lat=40.914048&mag=3))
Destination ETA: 4:00pm
Formation: Group Setting (See Note "e")
Pace: Slow to Moderate (See Note "g")

NOTES:
a) Don’t forget your paper work;
b) Pre-check your ride (tire pressure, brakes...etc.);
c) Come with a full tank;
d) Bring cash for pub;
e) Familiarize yourself with group ride etiquette:

- Staggered formation ( http://www.carolinamcevents.com/articles/ridingguide.html), Group Riding Tips ( http://www.amadirectlink.com/roadride/Riderresc/groupRide.asp), Common hand signals ( http://www.amadirectlink.com/roadride/Riderresc/groupRideSignals.asp)

http://www.carolinamcevents.com/images/rguide7.gif

f) If u have them, then bring them ==> charged Chatterboxes;
g) This will not be a motoGP circuit ==> Expect an easy moderate pace, turtlish at times;

NO WHORING PLEASE!! Post up if you are a 100% "IN", add “pluses” per your entourage head count... PM me if you have any questions that are not covered by this post... Do NOT post your weather predictions... This ride will be confirmed on or about Friday, May 4th...

THE PUB LIST (The cagers!)

bob12312357
Gary
MeiLong
MrQuickR1
TomMatas3
zc_sandman

THE RIDE LIST (xx IN ==> 45 MAX)

bigLatino74 + 2
BrianR6
Bugatti
DirtDiva
ffejtable + 1
Fuzy_GSXR1000
Hanz-solo
High_Revs_17 (sweep)
IrocRob
JimRBlue
John217
LaFemmes
Liltenatattoo
liquiddevil2000
lurker
mpr138
njf4i
nelsk7750 + 1
NitrousBusa
oskarjr + 4
PitsVtec
pwang
Rev
shelly
soda7o
SPL170db
Spockalypse
SUE
suzis_date
Throttle
toky
TonUpBoy
ultra12

***EDITS***

(1) 05/04/07 - ***UPDATE 1***

We are a GO for tomorrow… Please make sure you are there by 9:45AM for mandatory group prep!

This ride will commence at 10AM SHARP… No waiting for late comers… If you show up late, then you are more than welcome to meet us at Pub199 @ 4pm.

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ALL OF THE BELOW COVERED!

a) Don’t forget your paper work and your riding gear;
c) Be ready to roll with a full tank;
d) Bring cash for pub;

- Staggered formation ( http://www.carolinamcevents.com/articles/ridingguide.html), Group Riding Tips (http://www.amadirectlink.com/roadride/Riderresc/groupRide.asp), Common hand signals (http://www.amadirectlink.com/roadride/Riderresc/groupRideSignals.asp)

f) If you have them, then bring them ==> fully charged Chatterboxes;
g) This will not be a motoGP circuit ==> Expect an easy moderate pace, turtlish at times
h) Be at the mandatory group prep at 9:45AM.

See you all tomorrow... Safe Ride! :ride:

SPRHK
04-29-2007, 12:13 AM
Do we get decorated with an exceptional group achievement tattoo after successfully completing this event?
:lol:

John712
04-29-2007, 12:19 AM
BLAH BLAH BLAH meet here, meet there, i'll meet you there!

High_Revs_17
04-29-2007, 10:29 AM
I'll be the tail gunner with the 2-way on the group ride as well Hanz.

Hanz-Solo
04-29-2007, 11:57 AM
Do we get decorated with an exceptional group achievement tattoo after successfully completing this event?

you have the option of getting a 2"x3" lobster tattoo and/or a sticker for your ride for each successful kill.... ops, I meant completion!;)

http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/6527/lobster1jj9.gif

PSYCHO1000R
04-29-2007, 04:16 PM
in

ffejtable
04-29-2007, 08:30 PM
I've missed 8 of these already? Why start attending now?!?

Seriously tho, my bro is having a Cinco de Mayo party, although I am not sure if its a day or night thing. I'll probably miss this one, too :(

njf4i
04-30-2007, 01:09 AM
If brian will let me im IN!!!

Please brian can i go??????

Rev
04-30-2007, 10:16 AM
N E HUNNIEZ gonna go?

Me plus pits
Maybe, my bro throttle

PSYCHO1000R
04-30-2007, 10:30 AM
N E HUNNIEZ gonna go?

yeh we need more hunniez.. or its gonna have to get renamed sausagefest ;)

soda7o
05-01-2007, 11:10 AM
ill probably meet you half way ( as usual) or maybe at the pub..
unless i can get NJF4i a bike...

High_Revs_17
05-01-2007, 06:15 PM
34 peeps so far Hanz, I hope everyone's gonna fit in that parking lot, then there's the fun of having everyone pulling outta there at the same time, we might need to block the right lane so everyone makes it together.

Hanz-Solo
05-01-2007, 06:51 PM
34 peeps so far Hanz, I hope everyone's gonna fit in that parking lot, then there's the fun of having everyone pulling outta there at the same time, we might need to block the right lane so everyone makes it together.

Thanks for your concern... No worries at this point... Any issues will be addressed on site...

PSYCHO1000R
05-02-2007, 09:56 AM
ah shitballs, i HAVE A CLASS ON SAT!!!!!! i cant friggin miss it, i hope it rains so it gets postponed!!!!! soory man, i was looking forward to this one... >:(

Throttle
05-02-2007, 11:35 AM
Thanks for your concern... No worries at this point... Any issues will be addressed on site...

That also depends on who's sweeping and says clear!! Hopefully everyone's iPods will be in place by the time of roll out!! :moocow:

Rev
05-02-2007, 12:31 PM
That also depends on who's sweeping and says clear!! Hopefully everyone's iPods will be in place by the time of roll out!! :moocow:

what ever diva

SPL170db
05-02-2007, 02:44 PM
ah shitballs, i HAVE A CLASS ON SAT!!!!!! i cant friggin miss it, i hope it rains so it gets postponed!!!!! soory man, i was looking forward to this one... >:(

Weather looks great all weekend long :ride: :ride: :ride:

Bugatti
05-03-2007, 12:30 PM
So in for Lobster.

Hanz-Solo
05-04-2007, 05:39 PM
***UPDATE 1***

We are a GO for tomorrow… Please make sure you are there by 9:45AM for mandatory group prep!

This ride will commence at 10AM SHARP… No waiting for late comers… If you show up late, then you are more than welcome to meet us at Pub199 @ 4pm.

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ALL OF THE BELOW COVERED!

a) Don’t forget your paper work and your riding gear;
c) Be ready to roll with a full tank;
d) Bring cash for pub;

- Staggered formation ( http://www.carolinamcevents.com/articles/ridingguide.html), Group Riding Tips (http://www.amadirectlink.com/roadride/Riderresc/groupRide.asp), Common hand signals (http://www.amadirectlink.com/roadride/Riderresc/groupRideSignals.asp)

f) If you have them, then bring them ==> fully charged Chatterboxes;
g) This will not be a motoGP circuit ==> Expect an easy moderate pace, turtlish at times
h) Be at the mandatory group prep at 9:45AM.

See you all tomorrow... Safe Ride! :ride:

causef0rconcern
05-04-2007, 09:33 PM
Hey count me and matthew c in for this one!! we'll meet up in washington, depending on how slow fishing is in the morning!

causef0rconcern
05-04-2007, 09:51 PM
How easy of a cruise is this going to be.......as in...can I take my Virago? Or should I sheep it with the GSXR?

Rev
05-05-2007, 07:40 PM
Wuzzup yall...home safe..hope everyone does the same. Shelly and Matt...chin's up thank god your ok. Bikes are fixable...

Hanz homo..once again..thanks for leading along with rob and all the others with the chatters...good times...can't wait for X...hanni you have to come up with something nice for that one..something special.

PitsVtec
05-05-2007, 08:06 PM
Thanks Hani...

Heal up kids...

Throttle
05-05-2007, 08:30 PM
I want my lobster tattoo!!! Great day minus the mishaps!! Its all good.. just glad it wasnt any worst!! Happy Cinco Everyone!

njf4i
05-05-2007, 11:30 PM
After 260 miles in my truck and 200 miles on the bike i'm spent. Great ride hanz, and all those that attended.

Heal up shell and matt.

Oh and throttle don't forget to sell your bike. :lol:

IrocRob
05-05-2007, 11:54 PM
Back home - Good Times, more or less...:doh:

causef0rconcern
05-06-2007, 12:44 AM
Howdy all...how did the lobster turn out? I was salivating the entire ride thinking about it but never quite made it. Didn't want to leave Matt limping home alone. Anyway, it was a good time and it was nice meeting a few more faces. All in all, it was a good run...as many bikes left home came home, and all riders arrived home still able to ride. Thanks to Hanz for putting it together. Have a good Cinco everybody. Don't forget to take off your sombreros before you pass out.

Throttle
05-06-2007, 02:04 AM
[Oh and throttle don't forget to sell your bike. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Dont you worry.. im already looking into it!!

Sue
05-06-2007, 09:51 AM
Wuzzup yall...home safe..hope everyone does the same. Shelly and Matt...chin's up thank god your ok. Bikes are fixable...

Hanz homo..once again..thanks for leading along with rob and all the others with the chatters...good times...can't wait for X...hanni you have to come up with something nice for that one..something special.

+1 well said Mark

Liltenatattoo
05-06-2007, 11:36 AM
Well I had a good time yesterday. Shelly and matt heal up quick! fix those bikes and be ready for the next one!! It was a long day, and almost everyone made it home safe.... Until next time bitches!

High_Revs_17
05-06-2007, 07:56 PM
Everything else aside I had an awesome time yesterday, it was the first time I'd ridden since last year so for me it was just like old times again. Some of you never thought a Honda Shadow 600 would be hanging upfront in the twisties now did ya? :ride:

causef0rconcern
05-06-2007, 09:09 PM
Hey dude the cruisers hung in there. Everyone laughed at first, little did they know! I was pushing that bike to its limits, but she stayed firm on the ground. We held our own against those silly Nipponese noise makers.

Oh wait, our cruisers are from Japan too...

High_Revs_17
05-06-2007, 09:15 PM
Hey dude the cruisers hung in there. Everyone laughed at first, little did they know! I was pushing that bike to its limits, but she stayed firm on the ground. We held our own against those silly Nipponese noise makers.

Real riders know it's not the bike, it's the rider, and you threw that thing around like nobody's business. The 600 I was on had a bit more left on the rear tire but the front end was very soft and I wasn't about to risk it so I just gave it a bit more body english in the twisties, overall it still got the job done.

causef0rconcern
05-06-2007, 09:36 PM
HighRevsguy, do you have a rocketship ninja bike too? Or is it a one-horse stable?

Tonupboy
05-06-2007, 10:48 PM
I'm glad it was nothing serious. We all fall down once in a while - the gear does its supposed to. Just brush it off, fix the bike and we'll see you again on the road! Heal up!

gsxryager024
05-06-2007, 10:54 PM
could some one explain what happened with the incident? Im very curious only for the fact that a new baby should be sitting in my garage within a few weeks. PM me if u want.

causef0rconcern
05-06-2007, 11:11 PM
From what I understand (I am not an eyewitness), the pack was manuevering through a relativly sharp uphill left hander (I was slightly nervous making it through the same turn about 5-6 bikes ahead). One rider mid-pack lowsided and began sliding off the road, bike and rider seperatly. The person following grabbed a bunch of brake to avoid hitting the fallen rider and instead collided with the downed bike. This sent rider #2 down into the side of the pavement/grassy ditch area thing. Both riders were wearing padded jackets and jeans. They were shook up at the scene and a little achey, and I'm sure they are sore today with minor cuts and bruises. However they both were on their feet with no problems immidiatly after, and both bikes were ridable. Rider #2 limped another ~80 miles home with a completely mashed but bungeed front end.

Moral of the story?
1. When executing unfamiliar turns on a group ride, BE CAREFUL. If you feel displaced from your comfort zone, ease up and wave those behind you past so everyone can go through safely.
2. Maintain a safe distance. I'd say the two second rule is too short. If the person in front of you goes down for some reason, you should be able to react quickly and avoid further collision

Shit happens real quick when you're moving on a motorcycle. Be careful!! I was ecstatic to see everyone doing OK after I heard there was a wreck a few bikes back in the group. Thanks to everyone for helping out, and the guy who supplied the bungees, you rock! If you want those back we can arrange that easily.

Marker54
05-06-2007, 11:12 PM
Awesome day everyone. Roads were def sweet! And the King Crab legs rocked!

Pics to come.

causef0rconcern
05-06-2007, 11:16 PM
I was about to ask for some pics 'cause I know I saw people snapping away. I took 3 with my phone and they came out super crappy so yeah.

njf4i
05-07-2007, 01:53 AM
like "cause" said. a certain rider hit a uphill sort of blinding left and didn't make it thru. its not a group ride error or anything else. it was a rough turn but a fun turn at the same time. one rider went down beceause of it. one rider target fixated/was worried about the rider down and got collected.

All in all it was a great ride. High_revs and i got to ride side by side for the last 2 legs and it was like old times. marker54 leaned his bike like it has never done before, and i rode a POS looking bike but had a blast. I know most of u, but it was nice meeting lurker, pwang, and runing into sandman. Hope u all enjoyed the new hope run because sandman did that run for xenos and i.

Don't worry sandman i'll show you how to ride to NH when i get my ne

njf4i
05-07-2007, 02:14 AM
Oh and i haven't seen this guy since carteret bike night with commuta. It was a great ride and a good time....

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f146/njf4i/suzis_date.jpg

MatthewC
05-07-2007, 09:12 AM
Thank you to everyone who helped out and if you want your bungees back let me know. It was very nice meeting you all and I am glad everyone made it home safe.

Rev
05-07-2007, 09:18 AM
Real riders know it's not the bike, it's the rider, and you threw that thing around like nobody's business. The 600 I was on had a bit more left on the rear tire but the front end was very soft and I wasn't about to risk it so I just gave it a bit more body english in the twisties, overall it still got the job done.

The pace was sluggish..don't give yourself too much credit.. :roflmao:

ffejtable
05-07-2007, 10:05 AM
Thanks Hani for setting up another great ride, and I am glad I was finally able to make it.

Sorry I had to leave early, but we were running a little late and I had some Cinco de Mayo plans with my brother in Toms River. I did about 230 miles Sat, about 180 of them were 2up... I didnt want to look at the bike Sunday!

akomplis
05-07-2007, 10:21 AM
Everything else aside I had an awesome time yesterday, it was the first time I'd ridden since last year so for me it was just like old times again. Some of you never thought a Honda Shadow 600 would be hanging upfront in the twisties now did ya? :ride:

Yeah man you were doing your thing....glad to have you back dude...see you on the road on the next ride....

Good ride Hani....glad I was able to make it even if it was with someone else's bike....good to see all the familiar faces...

Shell/Matt get well....lots of riding season left hope to see you back out there....

IrocRob
05-07-2007, 10:35 AM

The pace was sluggish..don't give yourself too much credit.. :roflmao:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...Oh, sorry....BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :LOL:

Thank you to everyone who helped out and if you want your bungees back let me know. It was very nice meeting you all and I am glad everyone made it home safe.

I think the bungees belong to Gustavo aka "biglatino" I'm not sure
if he is on SBA, but he is on TSSB.

CBRBob
05-07-2007, 11:06 AM
Sorry to hear of the mishaps, glad all are ok.

Ron, good to hear you rode again. I'll be at CCM this coming weekend, outside both days till noon. Stop by if you wish.

Hanz-Solo
05-07-2007, 02:45 PM
Thank you all for coming... and a special thank you to IrocRob for his support and endurance... I am glad most of you had fun and enjoyed the ride despite the unfortunate events... Since I never had the chance to dine at the pub, I will make sure to order the 8-lber next time... You can take that to the press! :P

Well, this was one of the most eventful LF that we ever had... I, for one, don’t believe in superstition and its baloney... However, this Saturday was something out of the ordinary... Apart from having Eric’s breakdown, Shelly & Matt’s lowside, and two nearby “unrelated” motorcycle accidents... it just didn’t stop coming!

One of us didn’t make it home that night :( ... Oskarjr had gotten into an accident by his house on his way back from pub199... He was taken to St. Luke’s Hospital (Bethlehem, PA) where he has been there since Saturday night... Nothing life threatening, but he had sustained a fractured vertebra (3rd on Lumbar from top) and some bruising to his knees... I had the chance, with others, to visit him at the hospital yesterday... He is in good spirit, and he might possibly be out in a few days... There is a good chance he will be wearing a back brace for quite a while... Needless to say, he is definitely out for the season... We do not know the final details of his accident or his bike’s condition... But from what he was told, it appears that he was attempting to make a left turn from a complete stop and a vehicle had rear ended him in the process... He recalls he was by the double yellow lines, so there was enough room for anyone to overtake him on the right... With out speculating on the driver’s condition, we should know everything once he gets hold of the police report...

I wish him the best of luck and speedy recovery... and a safe riding season for the rest of you...

ronin_01r1
05-07-2007, 03:08 PM
oh man, feel better soon oskar!

akomplis
05-07-2007, 03:14 PM
Wow!!!

Get well Oskarjr...

Be safe out there SBA.

njf4i
05-07-2007, 03:41 PM
Get well oskar.

Throttle
05-07-2007, 03:47 PM
Holy!! Speedy revcovery!!

High_Revs_17
05-07-2007, 08:12 PM
The pace was sluggish..

That's what happens when you sit dead last about 5 seconds behind the front of the group all day long. :lol:

Shelly
05-08-2007, 09:04 AM
Great ride Hani :) Really had a good time aside from the mishap. Should be healed up soon enough and will be gettin' my bike fixed up as well. Thanks for everyone's good wishes! Will be out again b4 ya know it. Hoping for speedy recovery Oskar! Great to see you in high spirits and lookin' forward to when you're 100%.

akomplis
05-08-2007, 09:12 AM
Great ride Hani :) Really had a good time aside from the mishap. Should be healed up soon enough and will be gettin' my bike fixed up as well. Thanks for everyone's good wishes! Will be out again b4 ya know it. Hoping for speedy recovery Oskar! Great to see you in high spirits and lookin' forward to when you're 100%.

Glad to hear all is well. See you back on the road.

soda7o
05-08-2007, 11:03 AM

glad to hear you are ok.. BTW you odnt need to fix up your bike... Just some zipties and youare good to go.. :)

akomplis
05-08-2007, 11:40 AM
glad to hear you are ok.. BTW you odnt need to fix up your bike... Just some zipties and youare good to go.. :)

Lurker
05-08-2007, 11:53 AM

and J-B Weld. :lol:

soda7o
05-08-2007, 12:09 PM
and J-B Weld. :lol:

nah no JB weld necccessary but some crazy glue might help with the broken turn signals..

Bugatti
05-09-2007, 12:02 PM
Get better soon Oskar, and back on the road asap.