http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/05/514.asp

sorry smokers :)

Hope this goes through along with no smoking at bars

soda7o
07-26-2005, 03:56 PM
http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/05/514.asp

sorry smokers :)

Hope this goes through along with no smoking at bars

that is just plain stupid and will never pass...
your car is your privacy it sliek them teling you you cannot smoke at home...

getthefuckoutohere

pmdez
07-26-2005, 03:58 PM
i heard on the news that the bill is very unlikely to pass.

i'm not a smoker so it wouldn't affect me.

neebelung
07-26-2005, 04:00 PM
Hmmm... I dunno, I can see both sides of this one. On the one hand, a person's car is about their only "safe haven" in which they aren't bothering anyone else (in theory, anyway).... Hence, those bumper stickers that read, "At least I can still smoke in my car."

However, I do suppose there are many effects of that person seemingly innocently smoking in their own car.... like the ashes/embers they casually "tap" out the window... or the burning butt they flick out with the same nonchalance (which could hit a motorcyclist, fly into the open window of another car, or start a fire).... and then there's the litter of all of those tossed butts....... not to mention the distraction-factor posed by the smoking driver (looking for their lighter, driving with only one hand, and what if they drop the lit cig into their lap while they drive? Talk about a hazard on wheels!)

Ok, the more I think about it, the more I'm on board for this legislation! It'll be interesting to see where it goes from here......

Taz
07-26-2005, 04:03 PM
that is just plain stupid and will never pass...
your car is your privacy it sliek them teling you you cannot smoke at home...

getthefuckoutohere

+1

I'm not a smoker but that law is really stupid. It just another way for the goverment to make more money.

Commuta_Busa
07-26-2005, 04:19 PM
so where does it end... drinking, eating, makeup, radio, cd's, dvd's, ipods, cruise control, raising/lowering your windows or sun roof, scratching your ass, sneezing, caughing, talking, thinking about anything other than your driving technique, road rage, are all distractions... (just to name a few)

MPtotheFZ
07-26-2005, 05:03 PM
so where does it end... drinking, eating, makeup, radio, cd's, dvd's, ipods, cruise control, raising/lowering your windows or sun roof, scratching your ass, sneezing, caughing, talking, thinking about anything other than your driving technique, road rage, are all distractions... (just to name a few)

+1
You know in some countries in Europe, they can already right you a ticket for anything the Police officer deems to be distracting to the driver such as mentioned above.

njf4i
07-26-2005, 05:20 PM
:cursin: Fuck that shit. I am seriously tired of all this smoking bullshit.

I do understand the no smoking in parks, on school property, airplanes, and even in restaurants.

But come on, if a bar owner wants to allow smoking he should be.

If i want to drive down the road in my fucking car, i should be allowed to. :pimp: :pimp:

My marlboro light will not hurt you in anyway if im smoking in my car.

So he can take that law and shove it up his smoke free ass. :2finger: :twak: :banghead: :blahblah: :bs2: :take_it: :nono:

ezpunkx
07-26-2005, 05:29 PM
Smoking in your car is tradition... im so glad i dont live in NJ cause NJ sucks!

Cakes206
07-26-2005, 09:19 PM
Good...I hope it passes...you don't know how many times I'm riding behind a car where the person flicks out the butt of their cig and it bounces up and hits me...had one almost go down my jacket...douche bags...don't even get me started :jerkit:

xstortion
07-26-2005, 09:29 PM
I agree with alot of the above but a variation that I would suggest is actually enforcing a hefty fine for someone throwin the shit out there window. At least this will act as a deterent, if u r smokin in your car keep that shit in there

pmdez
07-27-2005, 09:48 AM
if talking on a cell phone is a distraction, i think smoking is too. i've never smoked...well a cigarette anyway ;) ;) BUT you need a free hand to smoke right? lets say the car in front of you slams on the break and you need to swerve out of the way, having both hands free is much better than just 1. so actually...someone smoking in their car can potentially affect other drivers. just a thought.

soda7o
07-27-2005, 10:56 AM
if talking on a cell phone is a distraction, i think smoking is too. i've never smoked...well a cigarette anyway ;) ;) BUT you need a free hand to smoke right? lets say the car in front of you slams on the break and you need to swerve out of the way, having both hands free is much better than just 1. so actually...someone smoking in their car can potentially affect other drivers. just a thought.

as a smoker let me tellyou somethign....

1 - the only time i have had two hands onthe wheel was my road test since than i dont htink i ever use two hands... EVER
2 - as a smoker i can smoke wiht out using my hads.. i can also hold a cig in my hnad and stear the wheel as well (while using my other hand to tlak on the cell)
3 - as far as cigs hitting you when you are behind cars.. hey backthefuckup.. its just like hwne rocks hit you when the fly fomr under the tires.

and oh yeah all this smoking stuff will stop soon i mean all these rules people are trying to make to minimize smokres... do youguys know how big the tabboco industry is and how much revenue it generates the stats ( especial fucking NY) the tabbaco giants rather pay out a few mill to some politiions to not get this shit passed and infact get it reversed.. and also this is in a way descrimination... for instance in manhatten infront fo buildings there are like certain smoiking areas roped off and are the sice of my nuts... they are inconvininet never covered form rain or other elemts and small.. this is unjust to allthe smokers... its like saying peoplee that are fat can only stand there and peple under 5 5 have to stand there... and people who like chocolte milk are not llowed to dring in their car....

plain bullshit...

Cakes206
07-27-2005, 11:18 AM
3 - as far as cigs hitting you when you are behind cars.. hey backthefuckup.. its just like hwne rocks hit you when the fly fomr under the tires.

Rocks being kicked up is a totally unavoidable situation...and if a rock happens to go down my leather jacket, its not gonna burn...also not a matter of being to close...a cig dropped out a window at 75 bounces all over the place...people wanna smoke in their car that fine...but keep it there...bleck...

soda7o
07-27-2005, 11:20 AM
Rocks being kicked up is a totally unavoidable situation...and if a rock happens to go down my leather jacket, its not gonna burn...also not a matter of being to close...a cig dropped out a window at 75 bounces all over the place...people wanna smoke in their car that fine...but keep it there...bleck...

keep your jacket closed...
and a cig will not bounce up high enuff to get you ...

(speakign form experience..)

FigNewTon
07-27-2005, 11:42 AM
I am not a smoker and I no longer live in NJ so this would not effect me either way. I do think this is a little rediculous. I don't like that all these new laws they want to pass effect what you can do on or inside your property. Like Commuta said "where does it end"?

As far as throwing cigs out the window...there is already a statute in place for that...littering. And they can definitely bounce up high enough to hit you.