PDA

View Full Version : Chimps Spotted in Africa Hunting with Spears

Rev
04-17-2007, 04:04 PM
Seems like 2007 Chimpanzee's are evolving. They are breaking off branches and sharpening the ends with thier teeth to hunt for bush babies that sleep in the trees during the day.

http://www.sciencenewsforkids.org/articles/20070307/Note2.asp

Kennedy
04-17-2007, 04:19 PM
Guess they watched 300 and got some ideas

Rev
04-17-2007, 04:44 PM
Guess they watched 300 and got some ideas

Next thing you know they'll be heading out to Newark blucking prey with thier 9 mm GAT :moocow:

soda7o
04-17-2007, 05:06 PM
that officially makes the chips smarted than 95% of people on this board...

Lucky7
04-17-2007, 05:18 PM
Chimps use have been known to use tools before. They use sticks to fish out ants from ant holes and rock to break open nuts.

I saw a episode of the Planet Earth special on Discover HD and they also showed team hunting tactics and cannibalism by trapping, dismembering, and snacking on a young chimp.

SAXON117
04-17-2007, 08:24 PM
Chimps use have been known to use tools before. They use sticks to fish out ants from ant holes and rock to break open nuts.

I saw a episode of the Planet Earth special on Discover HD and they also showed team hunting tactics and cannibalism by trapping, dismembering, and snacking on a young chimp.

Saw that one last night. I work with cyno monkeys, much lowwer in intelligence then a chimp and they will use tools to get what they want.

gsxryager024
04-18-2007, 04:18 AM
This is all true for using tools for foraging but tools were never used actually for hunting. Hunting was always done by tramping their pray or ambush. Very intriguing I like things like this...

Smokes35
04-18-2007, 10:22 AM
Seems like 2007 Chimpanzee's are evolving.

Negative Ghostwriter, the pattern is full....

4. Biology. to develop by a process of evolution to a different adaptive state or condition: The human species evolved from an ancestor that was probably arboreal.

Using tools has not changed or altered the biological state of the Chimpanzee. We are not evolving into a new species because we use the internet to buy motorcycle parts. We would be evolving should we start to biologically develop a 3rd arm and hand to type more efficently (6 fingers is actually a dominant genetic trait so dont try that example).

edit: even then... with a 3rd arm we'd still be able to interbreed, and therefore inside the same species. that would be more of an adaptation than an evolution. we'd have to become something totaly and completely different, even outside the genus, let alone species to be offically evolving... for example, fish to frog... you need to become something totaly interdependant to what was originally there. Fer shizzle.

Rev
04-18-2007, 10:49 AM
that officially makes the chips smarted than 95% of people on this board...

Your the first example....It's chimps not chips! ;)

4. Biology. to develop by a process of evolution to a different adaptive state or condition: The human species evolved from an ancestor that was probably arboreal.

Using tools has not changed or altered the biological state of the Chimpanzee. We are not evolving into a new species because we use the internet to buy motorcycle parts. We would be evolving should we start to biologically develop a 3rd arm and hand to type more efficently (6 fingers is actually a dominant genetic trait so dont try that example).

edit: even then... with a 3rd arm we'd still be able to interbreed, and therefore inside the same species. that would be more of an adaptation than an evolution. we'd have to become something totaly and completely different, even outside the genus, let alone species to be offically evolving... for example, fish to frog... you need to become something totaly interdependant to what was originally there. Fer shizzle.

Why the hell do you have to be so smart!!!!

Lucky7
04-18-2007, 12:41 PM
This is all true for using tools for foraging but tools were never used actually for hunting. Hunting was always done by tramping their pray or ambush. Very intriguing I like things like this...

The really interesting part is not so much using tool as much as tool-making abilities. Having to sharpen things with their teeth is shows great adaptability. Next trick up their sleeves should be using tools to create other tools.

Smokes35
04-18-2007, 02:46 PM
The really interesting part is not so much using tool as much as tool-making abilities. Having to sharpen things with their teeth is shows great adaptability. Next trick up their sleeves should be using tools to create other tools.

Dont aim so high--- how bout they stop eating their own shit first.

Lucky7
04-18-2007, 04:13 PM
Dont aim so high--- how bout they stop eating their own shit first.

lol

I'm sure there's some homo sapiens out there that don't mind a cleveland steamer or dirty sanchez here and there.

shadoxkila
04-18-2007, 04:20 PM
Giving new meaning to the word spear chuckers!!!!!! hahahahaha

Mack
04-18-2007, 04:26 PM
evolution....but I though god created it all........bbbbaaahahahahaha.....sorry I couldn't keep a straight face even just typing that

SAXON117
04-18-2007, 04:30 PM

Thank God we have 5. How would I be able to flip anyone off if I didn't have a middle finger?!

Smokes35
04-18-2007, 04:53 PM
evolution....but I though god created it all........bbbbaaahahahahaha.....sorry I couldn't keep a straight face even just typing that

If you live like there is no God-- you just better be right.

Lucky7
04-18-2007, 06:23 PM
whoa. More on this saga.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18169776/