PDA

View Full Version : Summit Main, April 23?

NYCSTRIPES
04-15-2007, 11:58 PM
If the weather straightens out for Monday April 23rd, anyone heading to Summit with TPM? I just may be going for the day, I am itching to get to Summit for the first time, also to get to the track for the first time this season.
Ken

John712
04-16-2007, 12:02 AM
me, Cakes and ginoe were talking about this earlier.
i'm gonna see tomorrow if i could get the 23rd off. and
if i can get the day, i'll be there.

NYCSTRIPES
04-16-2007, 12:13 AM
I may be going with my track buddy Dan (FDNYDANO), lets hope the weather is good that day.
Ken

BurnCycle
04-16-2007, 06:57 AM
As you already know... :)

GinoE
04-16-2007, 10:54 PM
confirmed!

CBRBob
04-17-2007, 09:02 AM
http://www.weather.com/weather/wxdetail/USWV0726?dayNum=6

NYCSTRIPES
04-17-2007, 11:34 AM
It seems to be amazing that the rain seems to be concentrated on track dates so far this season. Frustrating to say the least. There's only so many races I can watch on TV and not loose my mind. I need to ride...

Cakes206
04-17-2007, 11:48 AM
It seems to be amazing that the rain seems to be concentrated on track dates so far this season. Frustrating to say the least. There's only so many races I can watch on TV and not loose my mind. I need to ride...
+1 !

Gigantic
04-17-2007, 11:00 PM
Joe, did you get my messages?

Cakes206
04-18-2007, 05:56 AM
Joe, did you get my messages?
Hey Lance, Yea I got it...things been real hectic at work with all this flooding...I will contact him though. Thanks.

Gigantic
04-18-2007, 06:46 PM
Hey Lance, Yea I got it...things been real hectic at work with all this flooding...I will contact him though. Thanks.

Great! I was starting to worry that you got washed away with the deluge.
keep me posted & let me know if you need anything.
Lance

Ryan NJ
04-19-2007, 01:51 PM
Nice...a full house. I'll see everybody there. Let's try to pit together. It's more fun that way. I will try to save a spot on either side of me. My new trailer is a white 6x12 and has a big red aprilia sticker on the side. Look for me.

BurnCycle
04-19-2007, 03:52 PM
Ryan... what about down closer to the building area... Where we were for the GP Moto last year. :)

You already know what to look for. :D

http://www.mariposaderojo.com/Pics/TLR/Track2/TBSS1.jpg

Chris
04-19-2007, 05:23 PM
In.

NYCSTRIPES
04-19-2007, 07:50 PM
I would be glad to pit you fellas, just need to know where to look for everyone. It'll be my first trip to Summit.
My truck
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b238/nycstripes/Durango/IMG_2785.jpg
My trailer
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b238/nycstripes/IMG_3214.jpg

looking forward to this trip, been wanting to ride Summit Main for a long time.
Ken

Ryan NJ
04-20-2007, 09:48 AM
I don't have any pictures of my new setup fellas, so just look for a goldish tan 97 GMC Stepside with a cap and a white trailer with aprilia written on the side. I haven't had time to heat gun the sticker off yet.

And where we were for last years GPmoto is great Burns. The electricity is not that far away. Whoever get's there first, be sure to get a key to the closest electrical hook-up from the front gate.

Ken,
Are you driving down on Sunday night and getting a hotel or are you planning on driving through the night and showing up in the morning?

NYCSTRIPES
04-20-2007, 11:30 AM
Ryan

I am getting a room Sunday night nearby and heading to the track in the morning from the Holiday Inn in Martinsburg which is about 20 minutes from the track.

Ryan NJ
04-20-2007, 01:47 PM
Aha. I'll show you a better place for next time. It's called the Townehouse Motor Lodge. It's only about $45 per night and 15 minutes away. Not to mention it's across the street from a Sheetz where you can get your lunch sandwiches. It is also right next door to a couple restaurants and a diner. I stay there everytime I go.

John712
04-20-2007, 03:21 PM
Im staying at my favorite Hotel, right across the street from where you can buy weed, DVD Players, Car Stereos, rent a hooker ETC

NYCSTRIPES
04-21-2007, 09:38 PM
Weather is looking VERY good for Monday, looks like some rain in the forecast for next Friday at Pocono FUSA though, hopefully that prediction will shift somewhat as well.
Ken

NYCSTRIPES
04-21-2007, 10:09 PM
Aha. I'll show you a better place for next time. It's called the Townehouse Motor Lodge. It's only about $45 per night and 15 minutes away. Not to mention it's across the street from a Sheetz where you can get your lunch sandwiches. It is also right next door to a couple restaurants and a diner. I stay there everytime I go.

I will look into getting my reservation switched tomorrow. That looks to be a better bet than driving 30 minutes in the morning to get there from the Holiday Inn. Being closer would give me a little more sleep and time for breakfast.
thanks for the info
Ken

Ryan NJ
04-21-2007, 10:55 PM
I will look into getting my reservation switched tomorrow. That looks to be a better bet than driving 30 minutes in the morning to get there from the Holiday Inn. Being closer would give me a little more sleep and time for breakfast.
thanks for the info
Ken

No problem Holmes. This really is the closest hotel there is and the Sheetz across the street makes an easy lunch stop in the morning as well as all of the restaurants the night prior. My cell number is 732-915-3966. Call me when you get close.

GinoE
04-24-2007, 09:31 PM
good times kids. brutal ride home but worth it.

great track, new to me - so lots to think about & lots NOT to think about (like concrete patches). the last few sessions i was beginning to pay less attention to them.

NYCSTRIPES
04-25-2007, 12:00 AM
I had a great time as well, a second day would have been terrific there to have some more fun after spending day #1 getting used to the track.

I enjoyed going for steaks afterwards with everyone. The ride home was definitely tough, made for a very long day.

Ken

BurnCycle
04-25-2007, 06:47 AM
What? Wasn't everyone home by 7:30? :P

Cakes206
04-25-2007, 07:20 AM
LOL, 7:30? Riiiight, we were still stuffin our faces :roflmao: Potato soup rocked :nod2: The ride back was goin nice and smooth until construction shut down 78 for a little bit, gave me a change to catch up on a few winks :sleep:

All in all was a great way to start the season(although I would of like to kick it of with Beaver, oh well.) Took the first session to shake out the cobwebs, after that it was one fun session after the next. Bike felt strong. Great weather, great track, great company to be around with = an all around great day. Good seeing everyone and meeting some new faces as well. :nod2:

Quote of the day "Umm, anyone got any jumper cables?" :ohmygod: :lol:

Ryan NJ
04-25-2007, 07:30 PM
I had a blast as well fellas. Steaks were great, and company was better. See you guys on the 14th for the Premeir day if anyone is going. I am bringing my whole family with me. This should be a real treat.

BurnCycle
04-26-2007, 08:20 AM
Quote of the day "Umm, anyone got any jumper cables?" :ohmygod: :lol:

:doh:

Not one of my most brilliant moments. :lol:

See you on the 14th Ryan. :)

FDNYDANO18
05-01-2007, 01:25 AM
We will be back there on the 12th. i'm taking ART PT and Ken is Taking ART PRO.

i would love to stay for the next 2 days but I cant stick around on Mothers Day.

Was Great Hangin out will everyone and I really liked the track...Looking foward to going back.