PDA

View Full Version : Superbike School

acronut
04-15-2007, 11:42 AM
Has anybody here ever done the California Superbike School thing? If so what did you think?

http://www.superbikeschool.com

IrocRob
04-15-2007, 12:25 PM
I'm sure that is an excellent learning experience, but think
of how many track days you could do with that money. :ride:

GinoE
04-15-2007, 01:25 PM
i have, back in sept 2005 down in vir north - i took the 1 & 2 class.

i've had a few trackdays under my belt with tpm & pocono early that summer & knew i needed more instruction. coming from flat pocono to elevation changes in vir n was AWESOME (i guess that's why vir n is my fav track).

keith does the in-class theory with help from other instructors. riders get a track coach that put the theory into practical application. you get video taped to show your strengths/weaknesses. you get to ride any of the learning bikes - i tried out the 'slide' bike.

it's $$$ but i thought it was worth it -i'd do it again.

acronut
04-15-2007, 07:51 PM
Thanks ginoe that's the info I was looking for. I'm signed up for a one day in May. I've talked to a couple people who had done it and all thought it was worth the money. I don't think any of them had done any other track days before that so I wanted a comparison. I keep hearing comments like Robs on this board and was beginning to doubt the investment worth it. Sounds like you thought so. Anybody else do it???

RCM78
04-15-2007, 08:07 PM
I did levels 1&2 back in '02. They didnt videotape us back then. Overall I learned a lot. The only thing I realized afterward is they really shovel the info in without a whole lot of time to practice what you learn.

Try and take notes, Then when your at the track again you can work on what they taught you at your own pace.