PDA

View Full Version : Official Hockey Playoffs Thread

Cakes206
04-14-2007, 06:43 PM
A great start by the Rangers thus far. Thrashers are playing a nice physical game but the Rangers answer back by putting the puck in the net. Now they get to come back to the Garden up 2-0.

On a side note, Islander's goalie DiPietro might get cleared and come back.

Devils on soon.

tommymac
04-14-2007, 08:59 PM
Dipietro has made some good saves thus far and the islanders have showed up to play tonight.

Tom

Mike295
04-14-2007, 09:01 PM
Jager played like shit today.

Ant
04-14-2007, 09:05 PM
Come on Devils....that was a garbage goal before.

tommymac
04-14-2007, 09:26 PM
Jager played like shit today.

A win is a win though:)

Tom

tommymac
04-14-2007, 09:40 PM
Tied it at 2 and now they seem to be picking up momentum.

Tom

Ant
04-14-2007, 09:53 PM
Fuck Tampa Bay...LeCavalier is a fucking baby.

Redlinerider
04-14-2007, 10:00 PM
dam devils!! still a fan>>>>>>>>>>:drink:

Mike295
04-14-2007, 10:33 PM
A win is a win though:)

Tom

agreed... but he needs to show up next game.

tommymac
04-15-2007, 02:20 PM
The sabres have me worried. The islanders def came to play last night and now have momentum and confidence going home for game 3. I think/hope the sabres thought the isles would just roll over and die and got caught off guard. I think Ruff will have them ready for game 3 but Miller needs to step up some esp with Dipietro playing the way he did last night it just motivated the whole team.

Tom

Jimmy
04-15-2007, 02:29 PM
The sabres have me worried. The islanders def came to play last night and now have momentum and confidence going home for game 3. I think/hope the sabres thought the isles would just roll over and die and got caught off guard. I think Ruff will have them ready for game 3 but Miller needs to step up some esp with Dipietro playing the way he did last night it just motivated the whole team.

Tom

They are a different team when DiPietro is in goal. I just hope he is REALLY healed this time.

tommymac
04-15-2007, 02:45 PM
They are a different team when DiPietro is in goal. I just hope he is REALLY healed this time.

In the old days they would send out Rob Ray to throw an elbow to the back of his head. They realy need to make him work too and tire him out since he hasnt played in a few weeks;)

Tom

Jimmy
04-15-2007, 02:52 PM
In the old days they would send out Rob Ray to throw an elbow to the back of his head.

That's the Rangers style now that they have Avery :jerkit:

tommymac
04-15-2007, 02:56 PM
That's the Rangers style now that they have Avery :jerkit:

That guy is a prick, I was watching some of the crap he did yesterday in the atlanta game. Then again we used to have mathew barnaby.

these 2 games have been a prety clean series, but that penalty they called when the isles scored was prety weak.

Tom

Cakes206
04-15-2007, 03:00 PM
That guy is a prick, I was watching some of the crap he did yesterday in the atlanta game.
Bah...hes a good player as well...hes everywhere. How bout Atlanta putting out their "muscle" during the last puck drop of the game. "Sending a message," only message there was is that they're going to the Garden down 2 games to none :nod2:

tommymac
04-15-2007, 03:05 PM
Bah...hes a good player as well...hes everywhere. How bout Atlanta putting out their "muscle" during the last puck drop of the game. "Sending a message," only message there was is that they're going to the Garden down 2 games to none :nod2:

After all that transpired you knew it would be a fight at the end. Ruff did it against ottawa after drury was injured. granted he got fined 10K for that little move.

On a side note, when they played the rangers played the penguins last week there was a fight at the end and the pittsburgh guy was taunting the rangers player to fight again do you know if that was avery also?

Tom

tommymac
04-16-2007, 10:47 PM
the Sabres realy pulled one out here. I was not too confident going into this game they way they played in game 2 but it was a huge win.

Then I find out my sister is going to the ranger game tomorow night, I hope her friend will be busy if the rangers and sabres paly each other so I can go to a game and get myself killed:roflmao:

Tom

njf4i
04-17-2007, 12:19 AM
Freaking devils were trying to hold there own tonight. But it wasn't meant to be with a 3rd goal by the lighting to seal the deal and give them a 2 games to 1 lead.

NJ needs game 4 bad, or were gonna have a really bad situation.

Thinking about going to game 5 on friday night if anyone is interested...

CBRBob
04-17-2007, 08:47 AM
Thinking about going to game 5 on friday night if anyone is interested...

If you go, let me know, I have tix already.

Cakes206
04-18-2007, 05:59 AM
Wow...who put a spark under the Ranger's ass...kicked ass 7-0 and lead the series 3-0 :nod2:

CBRBob
04-18-2007, 06:51 AM
NHL must want them to go more than 1 round. Like The Borque cup on 01 or the Hull cup in 99.

Cakes206
04-18-2007, 11:10 PM
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/7/71/150px-NY_Rangers.gif

http://www.ics-online.co.uk/piccies/broom%20on%20floor%20compressed.jpg

http://students.kennesaw.edu/~kjj9965/Thrashers.jpg

CBRBob
04-18-2007, 11:24 PM
Congrats on it, even though that goal was a stre t c h.

njf4i
04-19-2007, 02:57 AM
Damn cakes. You didn't even answer my text when the devils won in OT. But congrats on making it to the next round.

I just want the damn islanders to step up and take out the sabres. Just don't think its gonna happen....

tommymac
04-19-2007, 09:18 AM
Damn cakes. You didn't even answer my text when the devils won in OT. But congrats on making it to the next round.

I just want the damn islanders to step up and take out the sabres. Just don't think its gonna happen....

Oh it is NOT going to happen this year. (sorry jimmy) I am kinda hoping the devils beat TB this way the sabres can beat all the local teams on thier way to the finals. They were 20 minutes away last year with carolina in game 7 and i think they too would have destroyed Edmonton.

Tom

soda7o
04-19-2007, 09:28 AM
rangers rule!

Jimmy
04-19-2007, 05:36 PM
Oh it is NOT going to happen this year. (sorry jimmy)

Well, I never expected them to win the series but knew they'd put up a good fight. They've been in every game so far. It ain't over till it's over so we'll see what happens Friday.
Maybe some of the goals they put it will count. :bs:

Ant
04-20-2007, 11:53 PM
Let's go Devils!!!

Cakes206
04-21-2007, 11:55 AM
Damn cakes. You didn't even answer my text when the devils won in OT.
That was you? I can't keep up with all your #'s.

CBRBob
04-22-2007, 04:47 PM
Devs advance...... :take_it: http://youtube.com/watch?v=VxGr5ibWZaw

Redlinerider
04-22-2007, 07:04 PM
Devs advance...... :take_it: http://youtube.com/watch?v=VxGr5ibWZaw

go devils!!!!!!!!!!!!

:drink: :drink:

Mike295
04-22-2007, 07:55 PM
gotta be a bit worried they went 6 to tampa.

njf4i
04-23-2007, 02:59 AM
nuff said:

http://www.newjerseydevils.com/njd/home/images/topstory/gr042207.jpg

Ant
04-23-2007, 06:48 AM
Lameirello better pony up the cash for Gomez next year.

Mike295
04-24-2007, 09:49 PM
nuff said:

http://www.newjerseydevils.com/njd/home/images/topstory/gr042207.jpg

damn straight anyone with the last name ELIAS is a fuckin STUD!!!!

Redlinerider
04-25-2007, 09:28 AM
Lameirello better pony up the cash for Gomez next year.

you can not be more right!! my friend!! and if he does not i will gift wrap my 23 jersey, cut it up in pieces and give to a friend of mine who is the chef at the arena and have it placed inside his next fucking meal!!

CBRBob
04-25-2007, 06:26 PM
Mexicans................. Umm I mean Alaskans.............. LOL

Redlinerider
04-25-2007, 09:43 PM
its the sabres all the way to the cup!!! those guys are just really good this year!!

CBRBob
04-25-2007, 09:53 PM
Mike............. Click Here (http://youtube.com/watch?v=VxGr5ibWZaw)

tommymac
04-25-2007, 09:58 PM
its the sabres all the way to the cup!!! those guys are just really good this year!!

Damn right they are:thumbup:

Now we need a stanley cup emoticon

Tom

Redlinerider
04-25-2007, 10:41 PM
Damn right they are:thumbup:

Now we need a stanley cup emoticon

Tom

im devils all the way!! sabres are just palying good hockey right now and they have been for a while. ottowa?? tough games coming up!

tommymac
04-26-2007, 07:51 AM
im devils all the way!! sabres are just palying good hockey right now and they have been for a while. ottowa?? tough games coming up!

Ottawa has always choked in the playoffs, I think they will blow it against either the devils or the sabres.

Tom

Cakes206
04-26-2007, 09:51 AM
Well, it was a great start by both teams. Solid hockey for 1.5 periods, but alas the box ended up being the downfall for the NYR(it's always the box's fault, no matter the situation :lol:) It did seem like the refs were really calling a tight game, couple of borderline calls that I felt they could of let go...let 'em play is my motto. Definitely going to be a great series to say the least.

tommymac
04-26-2007, 10:03 AM
Well, it was a great start by both teams. Solid hockey for 1.5 periods, but alas the box ended up being the downfall for the NYR(it's always the box's fault, no matter the situation :lol:) It did seem like the refs were really calling a tight game, couple of borderline calls that I felt they could of let go...let 'em play is my motto. Definitely going to be a great series to say the least.

I missed mostof the first period (damn 7am start:lol: ) bu tlistened to and watched the rest. I was afraid the rangers would gain momentum by killing off all those penalties. Plus Lundquist seemed to be playing a great game and keeping them in it.

If they try to play wide open like Buffalo does theyre in trouble, the sabres have too much speed and are so deep. Guys had trouble keeping up lst night on the longer shifts, and that can hurt in a long series.

Tom

Cakes206
04-26-2007, 10:33 AM
Yup, I did notice that, the Sabes are a fast team. NYR need quicker shift changes. Can't pull to many long shifts and expect to keep up. And again...by having to kill a lot of penalties will wear ya down even more.

tommymac
04-26-2007, 11:11 AM
Yup, I did notice that, the Sabes are a fast team. NYR need quicker shift changes. Can't pull to many long shifts and expect to keep up. And again...by having to kill a lot of penalties will wear ya down even more.

I still cant believe they killed off that 5 on 3 a goal or 2 there could have changed the game that late. The nice thing to is they didnt go into a shell that much they still worked the puck down and took chances. in the islander series they just played defense in the 3rd and hoped miller coudl preserve the lead. The rangers have too much talent to get away withthat.

Tom

njf4i
04-26-2007, 02:43 PM
Devils always play solid hockey after the first round. I don't thing ottowa is gonna be as tough as the lighting were. But we'll have to see.

Hopefully white is back in the line up and elias isn't out tonight with the dumb cold.

Ottawa has always choked in the playoffs, I think they will blow it against either the devils or the sabres.
Tom
+1 on that. The senators always choke when it counts.

The sabres are def a fast team. I noticed that the rangers were pulling long shifts and seemed to have trouble clearing the puck to make the changes when they wanted to.

But your right joe. When your killing a power play your killing yourself. It takes up to much wasted energy.

Ant
04-27-2007, 06:45 AM
Grrrr.

tommymac
04-28-2007, 12:16 PM
2 down 2 to go:) I had to work last night so I missed the 3rd period:ohmygod: but tomorrow I will stay up to watch the game ( have to work sun night;) )

Tom

CBRBob
04-29-2007, 12:05 AM
Devs win in OT
http://youtube.com/watch?v=VxGr5ibWZaw

SPRHK
04-29-2007, 12:09 AM
:yawn: :sleep:

Ant
04-29-2007, 09:31 AM
All heart baby, all heart!

Mike295
04-29-2007, 08:03 PM
that was a awsome rangers game.

njf4i
04-30-2007, 01:12 AM
http://www.newjerseydevils.com/njd/home/images/topstory/gr042807.jpg

nuff said!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ant
04-30-2007, 06:44 AM
http://www.newjerseydevils.com/njd/home/images/topstory/gr042807.jpg

nuff said!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nick, is that you in the background?

CBRBob
04-30-2007, 07:01 AM
that was a awsome rangers game.

It was? :confused:

Cakes206
04-30-2007, 08:36 AM
It was? :confused:
Umm, CHYAAA...Was an excellent game, watched every second, the place went NUTZ when the Rangers finally pulled it out in double OT. But again, it was the fuggin box that got the Rangers in trouble.

Redlinerider
04-30-2007, 10:26 AM
Umm, CHYAAA...Was an excellent game, watched every second, the place went NUTZ when the Rangers finally pulled it out in double OT. But again, it was the fuggin box that got the Rangers in trouble.

yes it was an excellent game!! the rangers played fucking hard for sure!! nice shot at the net as well!!

Cakes206
04-30-2007, 10:42 AM
nice shot at the net as well!!
As soon as I heard the "clank" all mayhem broke loose :)

Cakes206
05-02-2007, 08:52 AM
Ok so the Rangers were real lucky not going into OT in last nights game. All who saw it know what I'm talking about and know that was a goal...we were all just praying for inconclusive evidence thats fo sho :lol: Series tied 2-2.

tommymac
05-02-2007, 09:01 AM
Ok so the Rangers were real lucky not going into OT in last nights game. All who saw it know what I'm talking about and know that was a goal...we were all just praying for inconclusive evidence thats fo sho :lol: Series tied 2-2.

I guess it was just a matter of time before we got rooked on a call since the last few had gone our way. Hopefully going back home they can regroup, plus now they can get Zubrus out on jagr more and hpefully shut him down.

Tom

Cakes206
05-02-2007, 09:12 AM
Semi Final results thus far:

BUF/NYR: tied 2-2
NJD/OTT: OTT lead 2-1
DET/SJS: SJS leads 2-1
ANA/VAN: ANA leads 3-1

Ant
05-02-2007, 09:18 AM
Must win tonight for the devils.

Redlinerider
05-02-2007, 09:32 AM
Must win tonight for the devils.

that is an understatement my friend!!!

but look at those rangers!! wow!! nice..............

carl_g
05-02-2007, 09:54 AM
Rangers looked good until the last half of the third.. For the most part their defense has been really impressive.:thumbup:

Cakes206
05-02-2007, 10:09 AM
Rangers looked good until the last half of the third.. For the most part their defense has been really impressive.:thumbup:
Seems like thats when they basically switched it up to more of a defensive game, just to keep the puck out of their zone.

Redlinerider
05-02-2007, 10:15 AM
Seems like thats when they basically switched it up to more of a defensive game, just to keep the puck out of their zone.

i always hate when the devils do that as well, cause the devils always lose their games with 2 minutes or less in any giving period.
:(

CBRBob
05-02-2007, 03:58 PM

Listening Mike?:moocow:

njf4i
05-02-2007, 05:24 PM
Tonight isn't a must win for the devils. But it would be better to go back to NJ with a tied series.

Watching the rangers play yesterday showed that there turning this series a little bit. But i think there gonna have trouble beating buffalo in buffalo.

I'm hoping its a NJ vs NY Eastern Confrence Final.

GO DEVILS!!!

carl_g
05-02-2007, 05:53 PM
Tonight isn't a must win for the devils. But it would be better to go back to NJ with a tied series.

Watching the rangers play yesterday showed that there turning this series a little bit. But i think there gonna have trouble beating buffalo in buffalo.

I'm hoping its a NJ vs NY Eastern Confrence Final.

GO DEVILS!!!

That would be a great series.

Redlinerider
05-02-2007, 06:20 PM
the devils have to win tonight!! they are not a good come back team!!

go devils

first devils rangers,

devils win!

then

Devils, Ducks

and do it all over again!! :nod2: :nod2: :roflmao:

Ant
05-02-2007, 09:43 PM
Stupid hockey. I dont think I'm going to Mosport now just to protest that stupid ass country.

CBRBob
05-02-2007, 09:47 PM
In 03' I went to Mosport with a NJD logo on my door, I got plenty of canadien fingers on that trip LOL

Redlinerider
05-02-2007, 10:51 PM
just unreal!!! the only team i know that with the extra skater on it means nothing at all..........

2 for 15 on power plays in this series, thats just crazy!!

just take it ottawa!! just take it!! you want it more then we do!!:( :( :(

njf4i
05-02-2007, 11:40 PM
Well umm, you see, and then....

Is it me or do the devils wait until half way thru the 2nd period to step it up? The series isn't over by any means. Things can happen. I believe in my team.

Come on DEVILS!

tommymac
05-03-2007, 08:11 AM
just unreal!!! the only team i know that with the extra skater on it means nothing at all..........

2 for 15 on power plays in this series, thats just crazy!!

just take it ottawa!! just take it!! you want it more then we do!!:( :( :(

Well the sabres havent been much better on th epower play either:(

Tom

Xracer264
05-03-2007, 09:32 AM
Well umm, you see, and then....

Is it me or do the devils wait until half way thru the 2nd period to step it up? The series isn't over by any means. Things can happen. I believe in my team.

Come on DEVILS!

Its very simple most of the defense has played poorly and the only skaters to consistantly break Ottawa's defense have been Gomez and Gionta. Don't get me wrong, Green, Martin, Parise have played well. Elias is making too many pass! JUST SHOT THE PUCK!!!!!

Cakes206
05-04-2007, 11:38 AM
Wow, Anaheim took the series and head tot he finals after going into double OT with the Canucks.

Rev
05-04-2007, 11:39 AM
go sabers!!!

CBRBob
05-04-2007, 09:58 PM
go sabers!!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=VxGr5ibWZaw

tommymac
05-05-2007, 04:12 AM
I guess it pays to watch the game till the end. i turned it off in disgust with about 20 seconds left and went ot work in a bad mood. About one hour ago i had some down time in the er and went ot espn.com to check the mets scores and was shocked to see that they won. I was preparing for the abuse from my family for them blowing the game and possibly the series. At least now theres hope. They picked a bad time to run into a hot goalie with lundquist, even though miller has palyed very well also.

Tom

Redlinerider
05-05-2007, 08:04 AM
I guess it pays to watch the game till the end. i turned it off in disgust with about 20 seconds left and went ot work in a bad mood. About one hour ago i had some down time in the er and went ot espn.com to check the mets scores and was shocked to see that they won. I was preparing for the abuse from my family for them blowing the game and possibly the series. At least now theres hope. They picked a bad time to run into a hot goalie with lundquist, even though miller has palyed very well also.

Tom

you see, being a devils fan... we can not tuen off the tv until that buzzer goes off... they either lose a game or win a game in the last minute of play...still one more game to go, same for the devils but, we are on the other side of things

tommymac
05-07-2007, 05:36 AM
I guess I should not watch or sleep though more of the sabres games:roflmao: woke up today to see I missed yet another exciting game. That was one crazy series that easily could have went either way after game 5.

Now its time for a real war with ottawa. They hate each other as it is esp after the hit on drurry and the ensuing brawls, but ottawa had played the sabres well the last few games.

Tom

CBRBob
05-07-2007, 09:05 AM
you see, being a devils fan... we can not tuen off the tv until that buzzer goes off... they either lose a game or win a game in the last minute of play...still one more game to go, same for the devils but, we are on the other side of things

Yep, especially when the refs DON'T call an icing and make you waste the remaining seconds of the game and lose......

njf4i
05-07-2007, 05:32 PM
:cry:

Well there is always next year. :(

Cakes206
05-16-2007, 05:49 AM
Anyone still watching?

BUF/OTT: OTT leads 3-0
DET/ANA: DET leads 2-1

GO OTTAWA!

CBRBob
05-16-2007, 09:30 AM
Go Buffalo, they need a legit shot a the cup that Brett Hull stols back in 1999. Go Detroit. Then again, there is no more hockey on so fuk em all.