PDA

View Full Version : "Women riders on the rise...."

neebelung
07-26-2005, 11:18 AM
This was posted on another forum (WominX).... a couple of the ladies from that site were interviewed for this article, which I think is just awesome!

Linkie (corrected!) (http://www.dnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050724/LIFESTYLE/507240301/1024/NEWS17)

As a sidenote, both of these ladies (Karme and Taronda) will be featured in the "Sportbike Girls from Around the World" calendar for 2006, along with several other ladies (myself, Speedqueen, Kawibabe and RedRidingHood, to name a few) who have migrated over here from WominX.

YAY!!!

FigNewTon
07-26-2005, 11:29 AM
Linky no worky :confused:

Always good to hear that more people are taking it up. I just hope they are smart enough to get the proper rider trainer to keep themselves and others safe.

neebelung
07-26-2005, 11:33 AM
Linky no worky :confused:

Always good to hear that more people are taking it up. I just hope they are smart enough to get the proper rider trainer to keep themselves and others safe.
Hmmmm... weird. I replaced the link... should worky now!

Karme's club (as mentioned in the article) promotes safety, and as teh MSF course statistics show, I think it speaks volumes for the idea that not only are women riding, but they're looking to do it safely!

FigNewTon
07-26-2005, 11:39 AM
Hmmmm... weird. I replaced the link... should worky now!

Karme's club (as mentioned in the article) promotes safety, and as teh MSF course statistics show, I think it speaks volumes for the idea that not only are women riding, but they're looking to do it safely!
Yes it is!

That is great. I wish more groups advocated this type of rider training. I see many riders of all ages down here with no gear and and very little skill. They are more concerned about what they ride and how they look then there abilities.

neebelung
07-26-2005, 11:43 AM
Yes it is!

That is great. I wish more groups advocated this type of rider training. I see many riders of all ages down here with no gear and and very little skill. They are more concerned about what they ride and how they look then there abilities.

Oh trust me, we see tons of that down here... it's more about image than anything. Then there's the ones who want to ride, but think it's too hot for gear, so they're out in a tank top, basketball shorts (those nylon/mesh ones!) and sandals...

pmdez
07-26-2005, 01:42 PM
we ladies are doing our thing!! :nod2:

Moreover, because of the many positives that women bring to the lifestyle and sport of motorcycling, Sloan notes that it's ever-appropriate that July carry the "Women and Motorcycles Month" observance designation, as it does.

and i didn't realize July is our month too :)

neebelung
07-26-2005, 02:09 PM
and i didn't realize July is our month too :)

Yeah I didn't know it till I read that article either!! Pretty damned cool if you ask me!! :nod2: