PDA

View Full Version : workingout..

soda7o
04-12-2007, 10:19 AM
HOw do i get a flat chest...?
Jay jump in at any moment... :)

ok i am not relaly looking to get big at all but i started going to the gym again and lost a few pounds..( i am also eating right again) i jog and do cardio and stomach every other day. i also lift, here is the problem, my arms are not getting bigger like i want them too, but my chest is getting bigger not liek i want it to..!

i just want to flatten out my chest not get muscular man boobies....
i know you gym bums here know what needs to be done.. to make my arms bigger and chest not.

thanks

Smokes35
04-12-2007, 10:47 AM
Chicks dig muscular man boobies.... dont be a gay bird-chested man. thats my advice to you...

Jay
04-12-2007, 10:51 AM
Well you can start by saying thanks to god for the shape of your chest. Other then that, theres not much you can do.

Genetics my friend. We all would like that armor-plated Arnold style chest but it might not be in the cards.

My advice to you.

Focus on incline movements. Incline movements should be your cornerstone of your chest routine.

Incline Dumbbell presses, incline barbell, incline hammer strength machines

MY chest workout is as follows:

Incline DB's
50x15 WU
50x15 WU
100 x 12
110 x 10
125 x 8

Isolateral Wide Chest Machine (Hammer Strength)
2 plates on each side x 12
3 plates on each side x 10
4 plates on each side x 7-8

Bicep Exercise

Bicep Exercise

Decline Bench (i am very tired by this point)
225 x 10
275 x 6-7

Bicep Exercise

Cable Crossovers
15-12-10

soda7o
04-12-2007, 11:24 AM
so incline is the key.. gotcha!

Jay
04-12-2007, 11:27 AM
so incline is the key.. gotcha!

Flat movements need incorporation too but incline i feel should be the cornerstone.

Stay away from flat bench. Unless you have an ego issue and like destroying your rotator cuffs there is no need.

Flat DB's are ok to use too.

soda7o
04-12-2007, 11:31 AM
so no flat just incline incline and more incline and a bit of decline.. what about butterflys are they cool?

Jay
04-12-2007, 12:02 PM
so no flat just incline incline and more incline and a bit of decline.. what about butterflys are they cool?

Here...this is your chest workout. Don't argue.

Incline DB's
Warm Up Set
Warm Up Set
Set of 12
Set of 10
Set of 8

Flat Hammer Strength Machine (pick one)
Set of 10
Set of 8
Set of 6

Decline BB
Set of 10
Set of 8
Set of 6 (if you not too tired by this point)

Incline DB Flyes (nice and slow)
Set of 15
Set of 12
Set of 10

Split that with either tris or bi's. I prefer you split it with tris. I split my chest with bi's because i have a special purpose.

soda7o
04-12-2007, 12:22 PM
Here...this is your chest workout. Don't argue.

Incline DB's
Warm Up Set
Warm Up Set
Set of 12
Set of 10
Set of 8

Flat Hammer Strength Machine (pick one)
Set of 10
Set of 8
Set of 6

Decline BB
Set of 10
Set of 8
Set of 6 (if you not too tired by this point)

Incline DB Flyes (nice and slow)
Set of 15
Set of 12
Set of 10

Split that with either tris or bi's. I prefer you split it with tris. I split my chest with bi's because i have a special purpose.

cool cool i stillhave the other work out plan you made for me..
it worked wonders for my legs

SilverDragon
04-12-2007, 02:05 PM
noted!

Thanks

Cakes206
04-14-2007, 07:11 PM
Well you can start by saying thanks to god for the shape of your chest. Other then that, theres not much you can do.

Genetics my friend. We all would like that armor-plated Arnold style chest but it might not be in the cards.

My advice to you.

Focus on incline movements. Incline movements should be your cornerstone of your chest routine.

Incline Dumbbell presses, incline barbell, incline hammer strength machines

MY chest workout is as follows:

Incline DB's
50x15 WU
50x15 WU
100 x 12
110 x 10
125 x 8

Isolateral Wide Chest Machine (Hammer Strength)
2 plates on each side x 12
3 plates on each side x 10
4 plates on each side x 7-8

Bicep Exercise

Bicep Exercise

Decline Bench (i am very tired by this point)
225 x 10
275 x 6-7

Bicep Exercise

Cable Crossovers
15-12-10

Hey Jay, don't take this the wrong way, but IMO, for the class you'll be competing in, you should intensify this w/o. Go heavier with a few less reps, and toss declines out the window, they're crap. Just a waste of time and energy...weighted dips and peck deck with the seat all the way up for lower chest. Also, not sure how you're doing incline DB's but the best way to hit em up and go heavy is to have someone hand them up to your lap...lot of energy gets wasted just moving around 130+ DB. Heres what I used to hit:
Incline DB - Mass movement
Flat DB - Mass movement
Weighted Dips - Shaping exercise
Cable Crossovers - Shaping exercise
Peck Deck - Shaping exercise

Again, not saying this is what you have to do...just some ideas.

Ant
04-14-2007, 07:50 PM
Yo cakes...should I be doing flys? Or just stick with the regular bench?

Cakes206
04-14-2007, 07:51 PM
Yo cakes...should I be doing flys? Or just stick with the regular bench?
Both, its two different movements. Peck Deck is a fly movement.

Ant
04-14-2007, 09:06 PM
Both, its two different movements. Peck Deck is a fly movement.

Ok, I meant the dumbbell press one. sorry.

Jay
04-16-2007, 12:15 PM
Hey Jay, don't take this the wrong way, but IMO, for the class you'll be competing in, you should intensify this w/o. Go heavier with a few less reps, and toss declines out the window, they're crap. Just a waste of time and energy...weighted dips and peck deck with the seat all the way up for lower chest. Also, not sure how you're doing incline DB's but the best way to hit em up and go heavy is to have someone hand them up to your lap...lot of energy gets wasted just moving around 130+ DB. Heres what I used to hit:
Incline DB - Mass movement
Flat DB - Mass movement
Weighted Dips - Shaping exercise
Cable Crossovers - Shaping exercise
Peck Deck - Shaping exercise

Again, not saying this is what you have to do...just some ideas.

Peck deck is out of the question. I had a bankhardt repair on my left shoulder. 4 screws and metal wire in there. My trainer said don't even go near the pec deck. Peck deck is notorious for destroying shoulders.

Dips are incorporated on Delt/Tri day. Tri's are isolated from chest and bi's are thrown in with chest because they need work. Don't want them burnt out on back day.

I throw Decline in there because i lack the under cut on my chest, however i think i am going to sub that with flat bench soon per advice of my trainer

The problem is my shoulder, i have to baby it. Its the weakest link in my entire body and if it goes again there may be no fixing it this time.

The reason the reps are up on those exercises is chest/bi is a moderate carb day. He wants me to avoide injury being that my energy will be low.

soda7o
04-16-2007, 12:20 PM
Peck deck is out of the question. I had a bankhardt repair on my left shoulder. 4 screws and metal wire in there. My trainer said don't even go near the pec deck. Peck deck is notorious for destroying shoulders.

now you tell me this ..lol
i have two dislocated shoulders and baby my shouders as well but everytime i do the stupid peck deck machine my shoulders are killing me.. now i know why ...
i will stay away from that machine
i am learning things on here.. and maybe illstop killing my shoulders from now on...

i really wish i had a normal workout partner.. instead of my stupid friend that only does arms and chest... (i made him do back and shoudlers withme and he was in pain for about a week crying and bitching to me..)

Cakes206
04-16-2007, 12:23 PM
Whos yer trainer? Anyone I would know?

Cakes206
04-16-2007, 12:27 PM
i have two dislocated shoulders and baby my shouders as well but everytime i do the stupid peck deck machine my shoulders are killing me.. now i know why ...
i am learning things on here.. and maybe illstop killing my shoulders from now on...
Just remember that the peck deck is a shaping exercise. Should not be going heavy at all...low weight, adjust your position and really isolate the center chest fibers. I too have bad shoulders and can use the peck deck w/o major issues(I know everyones situation is different, but we learn to work around them.)

soda7o
04-16-2007, 12:55 PM
Just remember that the peck deck is a shaping exercise. Should not be going heavy at all...low weight, adjust your position and really isolate the center chest fibers. I too have bad shoulders and can use the peck deck w/o major issues(I know everyones situation is different, but we learn to work around them.)

i have very limited range of motion n my shoulders left worst than right...:(

Jay
04-16-2007, 12:56 PM
Whos yer trainer? Anyone I would know?

His name is Bill Cummings he is 5'8" and usually steps on stage around 235-238 lbs. He's going for his pro-card soon. He's not from around here.

We do all the work through the internet and come show time he's flying in.

i really wish i had a normal workout partner.. instead of my stupid friend that only does arms and chest... (i made him do back and shoudlers withme and he was in pain for about a week crying and bitching to me..)

Like Joe said. LEARN TO LISTEN TO YOUR BODY!

The reason i cannot use the pec deck is because of the specific movement. Its called anterior rotation and its the SPECIFIC movement that i know could injure my shoulder. Imagine this. Basically, point your left arm out now bend your elbow 90 degrees up. Any movement backwards will be going EXACTLY against the repair done on my shoulder.

Thus, i will feel pressure as i move up on this axis. Thats why decline doesn't bother me, flat bothers me some, incline bothers me more, military press/db shoulder press along with pec deck bother me the most.

For some its just the opposite...learn to listen to your body.

soda7o
04-16-2007, 01:01 PM
His name is Bill Cummings he is 5'8" and usually steps on stage around 235-238 lbs. He's going for his pro-card soon. He's not from around here.

We do all the work through the internet and come show time he's flying in.

Like Joe said. LEARN TO LISTEN TO YOUR BODY!

The reason i cannot use the pec deck is because of the specific movement. Its called anterior rotation and its the SPECIFIC movement that i know could injure my shoulder. Imagine this. Basically, point your left arm out now bend your elbow 90 degrees up. Any movement backwards will be going EXACTLY against the repair done on my shoulder.

Thus, i will feel pressure as i move up on this axis. Thats why decline doesn't bother me, flat bothers me some, incline bothers me more, military press/db shoulder press along with pec deck bother me the most.

For some its just the opposite...learn to listen to your body.

my body is telling me... OUCH YOU FICKIN G IDIOT STOP THAT SHIT!:moocow:

Cakes206
04-16-2007, 01:21 PM
my body is telling me... OUCH YOU FICKIN G IDIOT STOP THAT SHIT!:moocow:
LMFAO!

Also, stay away from behind the neck movements, i.e. rear lat pull downs, behind the neck military presses. These movements force the shoulders in a bad position...everything to the front.

He wants me to avoide injury being that my energy will be low.
Hmm...thats something I never heard of. If my energy was low, I just wouldn't be able to throw up the heavy weight. The thing I was always told to look out for was heavy training within a week after a show...being the muscle fills up with sodium/water its easy to pull something. I know you're probably all set, but if theres anything I can help ya out with let me know, even moral support.

Cakes206
04-16-2007, 01:41 PM
i am learning things on here..
The bill is in the mail :lol:

Seriously though...all this crap I talk about I had to learn the hard way thru experience. There was a point I wouldn't help anyone anymore because they took my advice for granted and not listen...a big waste of my time. G'luck.

Jay
04-16-2007, 01:48 PM
LMFAO!

Also, stay away from behind the neck movements, i.e. rear lat pull downs, behind the neck military presses. These movements force the shoulders in a bad position...everything to the front.

Yes that would be a VERY good idea. those are notorious for destroying shoulders.

Hmm...thats something I never heard of. The thing I was always told to look out for was heavy training within a week after a show...being the muscle fills up with sodium/water its easy to pull something. I know you're probably all set, but if theres anything I can help ya out with let me know, even moral support.

Well you gotta figure, less carbs = less energy. Plus i am only resting 30 sec.- 1 min. between sets.

Cakes206
04-16-2007, 01:52 PM
Well you gotta figure, less carbs = less energy.
Well yea...I would just drop the weight a lil..unless I was training with this dude Scotty...fugger made me puke during legs :LOL:

Ant
04-16-2007, 02:38 PM
I got the bad shoulders too but the peck deck doesn't bother me for some reason. Military presses just make my shoulders click pop and crack.

As far as Cakes' advice, I would listen to him. That's what I've been doing and I've noticed some BIG improvements in myself. And all I did was what he told me. :lol: