PDA

View Full Version : computer monitor...

soda7o
04-11-2007, 10:58 AM
ok here is hte situation..
up untill now i was sitin in a nice corner office with windows and good lighting...(dumb luck i guess that i got a corner office) Anyway, so we hired a New MD... who is obviously higher ranking than i am and i had to give up my office.
so now i get moved to a shitty ass cubicle... which licks testins.. no wwindo wno nothign and forible lighting.. and all day today my eyes are killing me.. everythign on thescreen is a bit blurry lokking (esepcially when i type emai;s/... black letters on white background (no thisis not a racial comment) look blurry a bit) i am pretty convinced that the way my monitors is set up is for the bright office andnot for this dark ass cube... is ther eliek a generic setting i can set up or do i just have to keep playing with it..

stupid fucking cubicle sucks donke nuts

jcblitz
04-11-2007, 11:06 AM
Is it a CRT or a LCD?

soda7o
04-11-2007, 11:11 AM
LCD

Cakes206
04-11-2007, 11:15 AM
and all day today my eyes are killing me.. everythign on thescreen is a bit blurry lokking (esepcially when i type emai;s/... black letters on white background (no thisis not a racial comment) look blurry a bit) i am pretty convinced that the way my monitors is set up is for the bright office andnot for this dark ass cube... is ther eliek a generic setting i can set up or do i just have to keep playing with it..
Its not the monitor, its yoru typnig. Happens to me too when I read your posts.

jcblitz
04-11-2007, 11:32 AM
You should run the monitor on whatever it's native resolution is.

I forget what the rule of thumb for brightness is, but I think it's the brighter the workspace the brighter you want the monitor. Not sure though.

sonny
04-11-2007, 02:17 PM
Call your help-desk you douche!!

RTFM!!!!!!

soda7o
04-11-2007, 02:25 PM
Call your help-desk you douche!!

RTFM!!!!!!

the response tim eis like 5 days.. :(

EvilSteve
04-11-2007, 04:36 PM
jc is on the money. Any time you set an LCD to a non-native resolution, everything will look blurred. I'd suggest resetting it to defaults (should be a menu option) then changing the brightness & contrast until it looks right. This is *after* resetting the monitor to native resolution. If you don't know what res is native, try a few and you should see a difference. What size is it (usually particular sizes have a standard native res)?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Native_resolution

soda7o
04-11-2007, 05:06 PM
thansk all it is at its native resolution it was just th echange in lighitng that made it look bad..
alot of trial and erro and it is all good now

Redlinerider
04-11-2007, 10:43 PM
Its not the monitor, its yoru typnig. Happens to me too when I read your posts.

:roflmao: :roflmao:

it does hurt, even to read that post my shit was killing

GinoE
04-11-2007, 10:59 PM
give yourself a break, when you're not looking at the monitor - try to look at objects that are very far away to relax your eye muscles. sometimes closing your eyes for a moment hurts, because your muscles are actually relaxing, but both of these are good techniques to rest the eyes.

good lighting helps prevent eye fatigue too, but flourescent lightning is bad for many people. you'll have to experiment and see what is causing your eye strain.

sometimes the background behind your monitor can also cause eye strain. for example if your back ground is a bright window, you may be having eye fatigue from trying to focus out the light.

next time we ride, i'll have to remember to keep you in front of me...

soda7o
04-12-2007, 10:16 AM
next time we ride, i'll have to remember to keep you in front of me...

not a good idea since my bike leaks oil :) :ride: