PDA

View Full Version : Nappy hair HOES!!!

Mike295
04-10-2007, 08:17 PM
hahaha ohh my god..

first off I cant belive people actually listen to Imus the guy is older then dirt.
Secondly... who the fuck listens to Imus /??/

Thirdly.. this is a prime example of the pusification of America... someone says something you dont like automaticly the extremists come out of the woodwork and ask for the persons head on a platter. I for one could care less about imus but my god

Al Sharpton is a opertunist who only comes out screaming at the top of his lungs when it is a racial issue but it someone calls him out on his anti semitism he wont say a work...

Fuck sharpton. fuck imus Ohh and another thing who the fuck watches womens basketball? honestly

John712
04-10-2007, 08:24 PM
and just in case everybody didnt hear it the 1st time

BUNCH OF NAPPY HEAD HO'S!!!!

jcblitz
04-10-2007, 08:32 PM
Imas been around long enough that he should just go out with a bang. Hold a press conference and just lay into anyone that is saying he did something wrong. Offending someone is not illegal, and "nappy headed hos" isn't even that bad. If you spend more than 15 minutes outraged at this you are ridiculous and an attention whore.

High_Revs_17
04-10-2007, 08:40 PM
I can't get enough of Anthony's impression of him, he was doing it this morning on O&A. HYA-HYA-HYA-HYA...

As for this bullshit...what else is new...

PSYCHO1000R
04-10-2007, 09:43 PM
i was just argueing about this same shit today.. IM SO SICK OF HEARING ABOUT THIS IMUS BULLSHIT... yeh he shouldnt have said it , it was stupid, but fucking get over it already!!! who cares!!! theres a war going on, people dying, and this stupid shit is front page news... I fear for this country in the next 20 years..if all we have to concern ourselves with is what some old dick says on the radio about a womens basketball team, yet theres way worse shit on a rap CD, and who anna nichols baby daddy is.

maybe im just getting old and crabby?

John712
04-10-2007, 09:56 PM
OH JUST WAIT. for HOT97 to say white boy, honkey or something along those lines, because im gonna start up this big controversy!

Redlinerider
04-10-2007, 11:36 PM
i heard he called Kramer for advise before he made the comment:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

PSYCHO1000R
04-11-2007, 08:02 AM
i heard he called Kramer for advise before he made the comment:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

lol :ohmygod:

njf4i
04-11-2007, 08:03 AM
It was a joke gone bad and publicity whore Rev Al had to get involved. I think this is all BS and he is gonna loose his job over something stupid.

Why doesn't rev al find something worth while to fight for instead of crap.

CBRBob
04-11-2007, 09:18 AM
Why doesn't rev al find something worth while to fight for instead of crap.

The crap he himself put on Tawana Brawley and claimed whites did it? Oh yea, many of you don't even remember that and somehow nothing happened to Rev Al. on that one....... :nopity:

soda7o
04-11-2007, 09:45 AM
what did he say ?

Smokes35
04-11-2007, 10:21 AM
Heres what i dont understand...

This world is full of bigots and prejudice assholes... black, white, asian, martian, hispanic, indian, middle eastern, persian, etc. The world is chock full of ignorant fucks that have branded each and every one of us before we walk through the door. What we're looking at isnt a responce to some idiot, what we're looking at is a socio-cultural rift. Fuck that its not a rift is a chasam. We;re look right down into the grand canyon of problems that, if you ask me, will end up leading to the total socio-economic destruction of black people in the united states.

The problem we're facing is not the bigot. It's the victim. IM SORRY, you can call me any name in this world. ANY. and the only time it ever has ANY credence, is if I, ME, MYSELF decides to verfiy it. Ant, youre a slant eye. Joey Cakes, you're short. IM FAT AND LOOK LIKE BIG FOOT/BIFF. ffej, you're a white honkey mother fucker. Barb,, you're a C U Next Tuesday with no rthym. Does any of that mean anything? NO... IT DOSENT MEAN SHIT AND FALLS ON DEAF EARS IF THERE IS NO REACTION...

There are people who have made HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS on creating false rage and offence. Here are a few names. i refuse to call him a reverend, because that assumes hes a man of God... but-- Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Louis Ferrakhan, Koffi Anaan and yes, Even Martin Luther King-- but i'll get to him a second. These men have exploited not only their own community, but sold themselves to a cause that in all actually, has no basis in fact (this doesnt apply to MLK). They create these victims out of print, type, text, and audio-clip... all of which have absolutely no direct effect on anyones life at hand.

Heres what worries me. You read about shit like Pac Man Jones, Tank Johnson, Chris Henry, Allen Iverson, Ron Artest, Puff Daddy, etc etc etc... The very elite of the African American Community are nothing but run of the mill thugs. Period. The problem we face is the following. We're idolizing the scum of the earth. We're supporting the very people that dont see their idea of success buy what they can do with their money-- Start a charity, buy a huge house, give it orphans, start a college fund (see oprah, bill cosby, etc)-- we're supporting people who feel that because they have money, they're un-touchable. as a pop-culture society, we dont see the success of most black people by how much money they make, we rate the success by how much they can get away with.... Sure, they have to be tallented in sports, business, music, the arts, etc-- but at the end of the day, you're not selling records unless you've got a rap sheet-- no pun intended.

Look at it this way. Martin Luther King opened his first church right next to the capital building. He did this becuase he wanted dearly to be a politician. He did, however have a dream... a dream of a colorless society. Great messsage, one i firmly believe we should all live by. but then theres malcom X... a riotous, bigot himself. The man hurdled to the political and social forefront by chanting a message of kill whitey. What im worried is that we, as a society, not as any race in particular, are starting to hold the Malcom X way of life up as reighteous and burrying the message of Martin Luther King buy creating false victimhood and social duress.

If all it takes is ONE sentence, or even ONE word to hold down an ENTIRE group of people... How can you ever expect them to become anything more than just a victim? Of course there are exceptions, OF COURSE the majority of African-Americans do not see themselves as victims and shrug the statements of men like Don Imus right off... The problem is, just like in Islam, its the group that screams the loudest that gets the most attention, thus creating false-truths and sterotypes that the entire black community is useless... These are the same reasons men like Dr. Walter Williams, Bill Cosby, Tiger Woods, and even Kobe Bryant are canabalized by their own people... It seems the more tiger wins, the more white he is-- isnt that sad? maybe if he shoots a spectator with a camera phone and his caddy takes the rap he'll have more street cred?

What we're looking at is a generation of young men that idolize the criminal element or society and do their best to act like them, knowing that they can fall back on the "Awww shit, the mans keeping me down cuz im black" and thats gonna make every one run for the hills in fear of being called a racist. Its all horse shit...

If someone calls you a nigger and you dont care... YOU DONT EMPOWER THE PIECE OF SHIT THAT CALLED YOU THAT NAME... Why is that so difficult to unerstand? If someone calls you a nappy head ho, and the media outlets and the school dont go off into this political shit storm of a tornado, who ends up put out? If you ask me, it makes Don Imus look like an idiot, lends him NO credibility, and people stop listening to his show... The more attention you give this situation, the more you;ve empower Don Imus... you've increased his ratings and subjected even more people to his kind of thinking-- you've done nothing but add fuel to his fire... If you ignore the scum, they'll either become something different or fade from existance...

I offer everyone this piece of advice. Grow up. Dont let the things people that dont mean anything to you have the power to control you. If you let the slurs, name calling, and such get to you, you've given the bigot control. Get over it, get over yourself, and worry about only the things you, yourself can control. Its funny-- the people that work hard and stay out of trouble are the ones standing on top of the pile at the end of the day.... go figure.

soda7o
04-11-2007, 10:51 AM
It seems the more tiger wins, the more white he is-- isnt that sad? maybe if he shoots a spectator with a camera phone and his caddy takes the rap he'll have more street cred?

Smoke a good post.. did yousmoke some "dro" before typing that?
anyway this is the best quote ever... tiger woods :lol: i wan tot see tiger woods and his posse stomp out some spectators at the next event... yeah bitches...!!!

BTW i am starting the United Whitey College Fund and the association of jewish accountants (and not the balck jewis in the crazy outifts you see in time square yelling about some crap and saying.."read on...") and maybe even an all white college... I want to see rioting people.. lets AL and Jesse and everyone else call me a racist...

Barbi
04-11-2007, 10:55 AM
:( I have no rhythm?

:lol:

soda7o
04-11-2007, 10:59 AM
:( I have no rhythm?

its not you sweetheart.. its actually all white people.. :nopity:

jcblitz
04-11-2007, 11:05 AM
http://michellemalkin.com/archives/007286.htm

carl_g
04-11-2007, 11:12 AM
http://michellemalkin.com/archives/007286.htm

:doh: That article is great!

jcblitz
04-11-2007, 11:14 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/earl-ofari-hutchinson/imus-got-his-trash-talk-p_b_45488.html

Barbi
04-11-2007, 11:39 AM
I can't find the link at the moment but did anyone hear the news reporter say...

":blahblah: Rutgers Womens basketball team won the NAACP tournament"

I'll keep looking for it.

Redlinerider
04-11-2007, 12:15 PM
lol :ohmygod:

:roflmao: :roflmao:

njf4i
04-11-2007, 12:41 PM
Oh i also forgot. For the o&a fans...

"hang up hang up hang up" Waaaaake up with WOOPIE!!!! :LOL: :lol:

Cakes206
04-11-2007, 02:04 PM
Oh i also forgot. For the o&a fans...

"hang up hang up hang up" Waaaaake up with WOOPIE!!!! :LOL: :lol:
They were great the past couple days with this topic...

tommymac
04-11-2007, 02:22 PM
Smoke a good post.. did yousmoke some "dro" before typing that?
anyway this is the best quote ever... tiger woods :lol: i wan tot see tiger woods and his posse stomp out some spectators at the next event... yeah bitches...!!!

BTW i am starting the United Whitey College Fund and the association of jewish accountants (and not the balck jewis in the crazy outifts you see in time square yelling about some crap and saying.."read on...") and maybe even an all white college... I want to see rioting people.. lets AL and Jesse and everyone else call me a racist...

I thought the jews had all the money anyway:roflmao:

I heard on the radio today how one of them is now scarred for life:nopity: give me a fucking break now you can sue him for millions. I just wish this woul dbe over with already its almost as annoying when anna nicole died.

Tom

Jay
04-11-2007, 02:51 PM
Yeah, Imus gets strung up by his balls for a statement like that and this guy goes on CSPAN and nobody cares?

http://www.break.com/index/double_standard.html

What i think about Sharpton and his cause? :nopity:

soda7o
04-11-2007, 03:42 PM
Yeah, Imus gets strung up by his balls for a statement like that and this guy goes on CSPAN and nobody cares?

didnt hitler try to do this with the jews.... we see how that ended up :moocow:

also:
why no body cares about what thisguy said and is not starting a riot....
thats cause white people have better things to do than start drama... like go to work, take care of their kids, etc.. youknow thingsof that nature

ok ok shoot me i said it ...:doh: :moocow: :nopity:

ok it was a joke this is not my stament i read it on the web somewhere...

EvilSteve
04-11-2007, 04:33 PM
Meanwhile, in the real world:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-0704100472apr11,1,3690656.story?coll=chi-newsnationworld-hed
http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2007/04/11/ap3603109.html
http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/04/11/america/NA-GEN-US-Katrina-Recovery.php

Honestly, I don't give a fuck about Imus or any of these media whores wringing their hands about it.

Great post smoke.

Rev
04-11-2007, 04:38 PM
Heres what i dont understand...

This world is full of bigots and prejudice assholes... black, white, asian, martian, hispanic, indian, middle eastern, persian, etc. The world is chock full of ignorant fucks that have branded each and every one of us before we walk through the door. What we're looking at isnt a responce to some idiot, what we're looking at is a socio-cultural rift. Fuck that its not a rift is a chasam. We;re look right down into the grand canyon of problems that, if you ask me, will end up leading to the total socio-economic destruction of black people in the united states.

The problem we're facing is not the bigot. It's the victim. IM SORRY, you can call me any name in this world. ANY. and the only time it ever has ANY credence, is if I, ME, MYSELF decides to verfiy it. Ant, youre a slant eye. Joey Cakes, you're short. IM FAT AND LOOK LIKE BIG FOOT/BIFF. ffej, you're a white honkey mother fucker. Barb,, you're a C U Next Tuesday with no rthym. Does any of that mean anything? NO... IT DOSENT MEAN SHIT AND FALLS ON DEAF EARS IF THERE IS NO REACTION...

There are people who have made HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS on creating false rage and offence. Here are a few names. i refuse to call him a reverend, because that assumes hes a man of God... but-- Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Louis Ferrakhan, Koffi Anaan and yes, Even Martin Luther King-- but i'll get to him a second. These men have exploited not only their own community, but sold themselves to a cause that in all actually, has no basis in fact (this doesnt apply to MLK). They create these victims out of print, type, text, and audio-clip... all of which have absolutely no direct effect on anyones life at hand.

Heres what worries me. You read about shit like Pac Man Jones, Tank Johnson, Chris Henry, Allen Iverson, Ron Artest, Puff Daddy, etc etc etc... The very elite of the African American Community are nothing but run of the mill thugs. Period. The problem we face is the following. We're idolizing the scum of the earth. We're supporting the very people that dont see their idea of success buy what they can do with their money-- Start a charity, buy a huge house, give it orphans, start a college fund (see oprah, bill cosby, etc)-- we're supporting people who feel that because they have money, they're un-touchable. as a pop-culture society, we dont see the success of most black people by how much money they make, we rate the success by how much they can get away with.... Sure, they have to be tallented in sports, business, music, the arts, etc-- but at the end of the day, you're not selling records unless you've got a rap sheet-- no pun intended.

Look at it this way. Martin Luther King opened his first church right next to the capital building. He did this becuase he wanted dearly to be a politician. He did, however have a dream... a dream of a colorless society. Great messsage, one i firmly believe we should all live by. but then theres malcom X... a riotous, bigot himself. The man hurdled to the political and social forefront by chanting a message of kill whitey. What im worried is that we, as a society, not as any race in particular, are starting to hold the Malcom X way of life up as reighteous and burrying the message of Martin Luther King buy creating false victimhood and social duress.

If all it takes is ONE sentence, or even ONE word to hold down an ENTIRE group of people... How can you ever expect them to become anything more than just a victim? Of course there are exceptions, OF COURSE the majority of African-Americans do not see themselves as victims and shrug the statements of men like Don Imus right off... The problem is, just like in Islam, its the group that screams the loudest that gets the most attention, thus creating false-truths and sterotypes that the entire black community is useless... These are the same reasons men like Dr. Walter Williams, Bill Cosby, Tiger Woods, and even Kobe Bryant are canabalized by their own people... It seems the more tiger wins, the more white he is-- isnt that sad? maybe if he shoots a spectator with a camera phone and his caddy takes the rap he'll have more street cred?

What we're looking at is a generation of young men that idolize the criminal element or society and do their best to act like them, knowing that they can fall back on the "Awww shit, the mans keeping me down cuz im black" and thats gonna make every one run for the hills in fear of being called a racist. Its all horse shit...

If someone calls you a nigger and you dont care... YOU DONT EMPOWER THE PIECE OF SHIT THAT CALLED YOU THAT NAME... Why is that so difficult to unerstand? If someone calls you a nappy head ho, and the media outlets and the school dont go off into this political shit storm of a tornado, who ends up put out? If you ask me, it makes Don Imus look like an idiot, lends him NO credibility, and people stop listening to his show... The more attention you give this situation, the more you;ve empower Don Imus... you've increased his ratings and subjected even more people to his kind of thinking-- you've done nothing but add fuel to his fire... If you ignore the scum, they'll either become something different or fade from existance...

I offer everyone this piece of advice. Grow up. Dont let the things people that dont mean anything to you have the power to control you. If you let the slurs, name calling, and such get to you, you've given the bigot control. Get over it, get over yourself, and worry about only the things you, yourself can control. Its funny-- the people that work hard and stay out of trouble are the ones standing on top of the pile at the end of the day.... go figure.

I just want to give you props, great post man. Very well said

Jebus, your getting bigger by the day...

This world is going to crap and the average person is so caught up in their own world to realize it to do anything about it. Black people call out racism for the smallest thing and it's mainly to get a buck...it's obvious.

JimboJimmy
04-11-2007, 04:57 PM
Maybe Imus should have said, "No, No, I mean't Happy Nair Hose... you know, panty hose are happier when gals use nair."

jcblitz
04-11-2007, 07:56 PM
I think he's fired
http://www.nbcumv.com/release_detail.nbc/news-20070411000000-statementfromnbcn.html
http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/04/11/imus.rutgers/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

njf4i
04-11-2007, 08:05 PM
I think he's fired
http://www.nbcumv.com/release_detail.nbc/news-20070411000000-statementfromnbcn.html
http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/04/11/imus.rutgers/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

Few things on this one:

At least eight companies have pulled their ads from the show, including Staples, General Motors, Sprint Nextel, GlaxoSmithKline, Procter & Gamble, PetMed Express, American Express and Bigelow Tea.

That is the number one thing that is going to get a radio personality fired.

NBC News decided to drop the show after "many conversations with our employees." Two high profile African-American on-air personalities — Today Show weatherman Al Roker and correspondent Ron Allen — publicly called for stronger action against Imus

When the hell did Al Roker ( a freaking know nothing weather man) start speaking out on crap like this. Where was he during the MSG riots that happened a couple of weeks ago, or where was he during the Hurricane Katrina aftermath.

A Virginia couple was arrested Thursday, August 15, for public lewdness after they were allegedly caught having sex inside of New York City’s famed St. Patrick’s Cathedral. The couple chose the church as a dare in a stunt for the Opie & Anthony Show, broadcast in New York City on WNEW-FM, and syndicated nationally.

Due to the scandal, Opie & Anthony program has now been suspended and is running re-runs pending further action, according to news reports.

This is how it all started for the O&A show a couple of years back. Imus better just end his last show on friday with "uhh your moms box" because his ass isn't coming back.

I'm so tired of all this crap. I hope these people (thats ride i said "these people") go find a real cause to fight for. Not some BS thing that is an easy target for them.

Retom7
04-12-2007, 01:44 AM
Al Sharpton is a waste of life. He saves me $100's a year on electricity though, so I have to give him props. Any time I see him or hear him on my tv, radio, or whatever, I instantly turn it off. It used to just be funny to hear what kind of shit he was backing at that particular moment. Now he only shows up when something is going to get massive attention. He's also a complete idiot... he asks a question or says something, someone makes a great response to him, and he says something that just dismisses the fact that he was just called out on being wrong. He told Imus that he was going to end up getting off the hook unscathed... Imus came back and said, "you think everything is okay? I regret saying what I said, but I'm still under fire for it." Of course, that's not a full transcript, but it was something to that effect. If Sharpton wanted to do something productive, he should shove his head into a toilet and leave it there for a while. Now, he might be well respected in the communities he chimes in on (when the cameras are rolling), but if he truly wanted to make a difference in the world, he would take a step back and realize everyone else sees him as a joke who's rich from other people's money and gets tax breaks for his title as a reverand. Useless bastard.

Tawana Brawley... however you spell it... bitch RUINED a white dude's life who had never met the girl before because she didn't want to get in trouble for coming home late... I mean, absolutly RUINED this dude's life. You think Sharpton apologized for anything when the truth finally came out? No, he disappeared and disassociated himself from the story. I had to hear about it like every day because I live in Poughkeepsie, and it was sickening. Speeches out front of city hall, etc. Bitch should have been locked up, sued, and locked up again... and Sharpton and his cronies should give that dude MILLIONS for securing the fact that he was labled a sex offender for YEARS.

I understand Imus being fired, but it's to do with the fact that his sponsors backed out, because they saw that guests were backing out, who saw that they might be connected to Imus if they continued with the interview. Americans need to stop being pussies about every stupid little political argument. Hopefully someone will pick up Imus... shit, he's going to die in a few years anyway. I don't know, all of those morning shows kind of suck in my opinion anyway.

PitsVtec
04-12-2007, 09:15 AM
I blame the rap music and shortly after I told A&O that this morning they read a great article about it. However, I can't remember the mans' name who wrote it. Any word?

CBRBob
04-12-2007, 09:17 AM
His name is Rev......... LOL

soda7o
04-12-2007, 09:42 AM
Retom...

why go back that far..

here you go.. somethign more recent..click (http://www.nypost.com/seven/04122007/news/nationalnews/duke_kids_beat_rogue_da_nationalnews_lorena_mongel li_________in_raleigh__n_c___and___________lukas_i __alpert_____________in_new_york.htm)

njf4i
04-12-2007, 04:42 PM
I blame the rap music and shortly after I told A&O that this morning they read a great article about it. However, I can't remember the mans' name who wrote it. Any word?

Wait do you mean you told o&a meaning opie and anthony? I heard a Krystal call from NJ this morning but didn't think it was you.

But i know the article is from a reporter in Kansas City. I'll try to find it now.

***Update***
Just found the article and i encourage everyone to read this. The guy makes quite a few good points.

http://www.kansascity.com/182/story/66339.html

Imus isn’t the real bad guy
Instead of wasting time on irrelevant shock jock, black leaders need to be fighting a growing gangster culture.
By JASON WHITLOCK - Columnist

Thank you, Don Imus. You’ve given us (black people) an excuse to avoid our real problem.

You’ve given Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson another opportunity to pretend that the old fight, which is now the safe and lucrative fight, is still the most important fight in our push for true economic and social equality.

You’ve given Vivian Stringer and Rutgers the chance to hold a nationally televised recruiting celebration expertly disguised as a news conference to respond to your poor attempt at humor.

Thank you, Don Imus. You extended Black History Month to April, and we can once again wallow in victimhood, protest like it’s 1965 and delude ourselves into believing that fixing your hatred is more necessary than eradicating our self-hatred.

The bigots win again.

While we’re fixated on a bad joke cracked by an irrelevant, bad shock jock, I’m sure at least one of the marvelous young women on the Rutgers basketball team is somewhere snapping her fingers to the beat of 50 Cent’s or Snoop Dogg’s or Young Jeezy’s latest ode glorifying nappy-headed pimps and hos.

I ain’t saying Jesse, Al and Vivian are gold-diggas, but they don’t have the heart to mount a legitimate campaign against the real black-folk killas.

It is us. At this time, we are our own worst enemies. We have allowed our youths to buy into a culture (hip hop) that has been perverted, corrupted and overtaken by prison culture. The music, attitude and behavior expressed in this culture is anti-black, anti-education, demeaning, self-destructive, pro-drug dealing and violent.

Rather than confront this heinous enemy from within, we sit back and wait for someone like Imus to have a slip of the tongue and make the mistake of repeating the things we say about ourselves.

It’s embarrassing. Dave Chappelle was offered $50 million to make racially insensitive jokes about black and white people on TV. He was hailed as a genius. Black comedians routinely crack jokes about white and black people, and we all laugh out loud.

I’m no Don Imus apologist. He and his tiny companion Mike Lupica blasted me after I fell out with ESPN. Imus is a hack.

But, in my view, he didn’t do anything outside the norm for shock jocks and comedians. He also offered an apology. That should’ve been the end of this whole affair. Instead, it’s only the beginning. It’s an opportunity for Stringer, Jackson and Sharpton to step on victim platforms and elevate themselves and their agenda$.

I watched the Rutgers news conference and was ashamed.

Martin Luther King Jr. spoke for eight minutes in 1963 at the March on Washington. At the time, black people could be lynched and denied fundamental rights with little thought. With the comments of a talk-show host most of her players had never heard of before last week serving as her excuse, Vivian Stringer rambled on for 30 minutes about the amazing season her team had.

Somehow, we’re supposed to believe that the comments of a man with virtually no connection to the sports world ruined Rutgers’ wonderful season. Had a broadcaster with credibility and a platform in the sports world uttered the words Imus did, I could understand a level of outrage.

But an hourlong press conference over a man who has already apologized, already been suspended and is already insignificant is just plain intellectually dishonest. This is opportunism. This is a distraction.

In the grand scheme, Don Imus is no threat to us in general and no threat to black women in particular. If his words are so powerful and so destructive and must be rebuked so forcefully, then what should we do about the idiot rappers on BET, MTV and every black-owned radio station in the country who use words much more powerful and much more destructive?

I don’t listen or watch Imus’ show regularly. Has he at any point glorified selling crack cocaine to black women? Has he celebrated black men shooting each other randomly? Has he suggested in any way that it’s cool to be a baby-daddy rather than a husband and a parent? Does he tell his listeners that they’re suckers for pursuing education and that they’re selling out their race if they do?

When Imus does any of that, call me and I’ll get upset. Until then, he is what he is — a washed-up shock jock who is very easy to ignore when you’re not looking to be made a victim.

No. We all know where the real battleground is. We know that the gangsta rappers and their followers in the athletic world have far bigger platforms to negatively define us than some old white man with a bad radio show. There’s no money and lots of danger in that battle, so Jesse and Al are going to sit it out.

To reach Jason Whitlock, call (816) 234-4869 or send e-mail to jwhitlock@kcstar.com. For previous columns, go to KansasCity.com

PSYCHO1000R
04-12-2007, 05:28 PM
personally, I think all this bullshit has done is further segregate races and cause more animosity... the american public is so fucking stupid, it makes me sick.. everyone likes to jump on the band wagon when it suits them.. when the hell are people gonna start standing up for whats right and not whats popular?? when are people gonna take responsiblity for things instead of blaming others or making bullshit excuses.

Im going to look for reasons to be offended from now on and start shit.

:moocow: <--- hey!! theres a black cow!! wheres the white one??? im offended as a white man!! I demand a white cow!!!

i cant beleive he got fired for this crap... pussies

High_Revs_17
04-12-2007, 06:13 PM
I watched this clip again and the other guys in the background also said some derogatory remarks and nothing was done about it, ratings or not this crap's gone on long enough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ui1jPNDWArM&mode=related&search=

Marker54
04-12-2007, 08:15 PM
:moocow: <--- hey!! theres a black cow!! wheres the white one??? im offended as a white man!! I demand a white cow!!!

:roflmao: :roflmao: Hey Cakes...get right on that!

What a bunch of bull shit. Now, the only thing funny about Imus is the way O&A bust on him, but let the guy keep his job for cryn out loud.

jcblitz
04-12-2007, 08:55 PM
So far every article I've read supported Imus. Most of them said he shouldn't have said what he did, but they all said him being fired and the backlash from this is ridiculous and more harmful than anything. I'm curious to see how this turns out.

Yes I understand there are "more important" things going on now, but this single event has sparked an unspoken (at least not wildly published) hypocrisy that has been going on for years and has boiled over. It's actually pretty significant.

carl_g
04-12-2007, 09:07 PM
So far every article I've read supported Imus. Most of them said he shouldn't have said what he did, but they all said him being fired and the backlash from this is ridiculous and more harmful than anything. I'm curious to see how this turns out.

Yes I understand there are "more important" things going on now, but this single event has sparked an unspoken (at least not wildly published) hypocrisy that has been going on for years and has boiled over. It's actually pretty significant.
He got fired from CBS today. :ohmygod:

njf4i
04-13-2007, 06:16 AM
Bye Bye Imus

This is the dumbest thing to happen on radio. Our society is filled with cowards.

Gigantic
04-13-2007, 06:48 AM
What i find ironic is that here in Philly, the local hip-hop station, http://www.1003thebeatphilly.com/home.asp does a skit every week on the morning show called "White Girl Tuesdays" where they make fun of white women. sometimes they make fun of white guys who date black women or black folks who date whites, etc. These people still have their jobs!http://bmwforums.net/forums/Smileys/default/cmr-wtf.gif actually, I really don't care- I think it's funny; Imus's biggest crime was that his joke wasn't funny- He picked the wrong target. that kind of humor only works against people that hold a relative position of power. You could rag on Sharpton for instance...

fire83tug
04-13-2007, 08:27 AM
Can you believe the outrage if Rutgers had acually WON the championship. They got a beatdown, they lost, they came in second, they were the first losers. Or is that part of the problem? They lost, and so forth, you can't pick on the team who loses, we are all winners, we are all special, give em a group hug for giving it all the were worth and just coming up a little short. AAAWWWw, too bad. What a farce. They lost the title game. All the Duke lacrosse team lost was a whole season and all credibility. The good ole Reverand(s) and their sheep were all over that one too. But we all know how that ended up now don't we. Want to help your cause? Stop reinforcing the biggotry and stereotypes that you so campaign against. Call a spade a spade, and stop calling the kettle black (pun intended).:nopity: :moocow:

PitsVtec
04-13-2007, 12:36 PM
Wait do you mean you told o&a meaning opie and anthony? I heard a Krystal call from NJ this morning but didn't think it was you.

But i know the article is from a reporter in Kansas City. I'll try to find it now.

***Update***
Just found the article and i encourage everyone to read this. The guy makes quite a few good points.

http://www.kansascity.com/182/story/66339.html

Yes that was me and thank you...I wanted to point the article out....it made too much sense!!!!!:drink:

I was discussing this with my co-worker (a very nice African American man) and he said Star from the Star & Buckwild show got fired for saying something about his white ex-girlfriends' child. He thought it was fair. I didn't know about that but I do not like Star & Buckwild for their comments about Aaliyah's death, nor do I like Imus. So whatever....It's gotten too much press, but I still do think the music that is made to influence our younger generation to do illegal things needs to be eliminated!

tommymac
04-13-2007, 01:08 PM
Yes that was me and thank you...I wanted to point the article out....it made too much sense!!!!!:drink:

I was discussing this with my co-worker (a very nice African American man) and he said Star from the Star & Buckwild show got fired for saying something about his white ex-girlfriends' child. He thought it was fair. I didn't know about that but I do not like Star & Buckwild for their comments about Aaliyah's death, nor do I like Imus. So whatever....It's gotten too much press, but I still do think the music that is made to influence our younger generation to do illegal things needs to be eliminated!

What got Star canned was it was about raping a rival Dj's young child or something along those lines. John Liu a NYC councilman who has it in for him lead the charge on that one.

If you think all this stuff is tense now wait a few months till the Sean Bell trial starts, that will likley tear the city apart.

Tom

soda7o
04-13-2007, 01:21 PM
What got Star canned was it was about raping a rival Dj's young child or something along those lines. John Liu a NYC councilman who has it in for him lead the charge on that one.

If you think all this stuff is tense now wait a few months till the Sean Bell trial starts, that will likley tear the city apart.

Tom

tom is down with his gangsta rap YO!

:moocow: <--- and still no white cow... :doh:

carl_g
04-13-2007, 01:36 PM
WHo is sean Bell?

tommymac
04-13-2007, 01:50 PM
tom is down with his gangsta rap YO!

:moocow: <--- and still no white cow... :doh:

wurd tom iz mad hardkore foshizzle:roflmao:

I guess I have been working at downstate for too long.

Carl Sean Bell is the guy the cops shot and killed back in Nov.

Tom

jcblitz
04-13-2007, 02:38 PM
Here is your white cow:

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/7469/moocowwhitesv5.gif

Jay
04-13-2007, 02:48 PM
Ebonics Word of the Day:

"Omelet"

Usage: "Omelet dat slide yo..."

:moocow:

PSYCHO1000R
04-13-2007, 07:32 PM
Ebonics Word of the Day:

"Omelet"

Usage: "Omelet dat slide yo..."

:moocow:

lmao

and thanks for the white cow JC, i was about to start rioting, n looting, then blaming someone else for it saying it was there fault i had to riot and loot

tommymac
04-13-2007, 08:34 PM
lmao

and thanks for the white cow JC, i was about to start rioting, n looting, then blaming someone else for it saying it was there fault i had to riot and loot

Just blame it on rap music:roflmao:

Tom

EvilSteve
04-16-2007, 04:54 PM
Yeah, it's all the fault of Rap Music.

It's the fucking parents for god's sake!!! Why do we keep pointing the finger outwards? Kids are so impressionable that the music they listen to makes them bad? What a fucking pile of shit. Your parents teach you right from wrong, or, in the case of 80% of people in the US (it seems), don't teach you right from wrong.

jcblitz
05-08-2007, 06:59 PM
Where's the reverend sharpton on this one?

http://www.snopes.com/politics/crime/newsom.asp

jcblitz
12-06-2007, 05:34 PM
And on this one?
http://www.examiner.com/a-1089067~Students_beat_woman_on_city_bus__police_sa y.html

RAC
12-07-2007, 12:11 PM
What was her "boyfriend" doing during this attack?