PDA

View Full Version : Found it waiting for me by the garage when I got home today...

High_Revs_17
04-09-2007, 08:29 PM
...so I slapped it on quick. It took about an hour to install and was very easy to remove the old unit and install the new one. I don't have a bike yet to bolt some mods on this year so I figured I'd have a little fun with the car. Throttle sensativity has increased, especially at lower RPM's, and it sounds awesome when the i-VTEC kicks in at wide open throttle. I installed it mainly for the sound but if I happen to gain a few ponies and MPG's along the way then that's just an added bonus...now that I think of it I'll probably lose MPG's cuz I'll be on the gas harder just to hear it. :lol:

BTW: I snapped these with my new LGVX8300, 1.3 mega-pix takes some damn good pics!

BEFORE
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a18/HighRevs17/intake1.jpg

AFTER
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a18/HighRevs17/intake2.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a18/HighRevs17/intake3.jpg

causef0rconcern
04-09-2007, 08:39 PM
Hey dude I have the same phone, but when I get the pictures on my computer they looka lika crappa. How do you transfer images with yours? Do you have a USB cable, or do you go through that VZWPics website thing?

And nice car too.

PitsVtec
04-09-2007, 08:46 PM
Now we can tease you.....sucky sucky $5 dolla!

High_Revs_17
04-09-2007, 08:48 PM
Hey dude I have the same phone, but when I get the pictures on my computer they looka lika crappa. How do you transfer images with yours? Do you have a USB cable, or do you go through that VZWPics website thing?

And nice car too.

Thanks man...I just send a pic message directly to my e-mail, then I save them to the hard drive so I can link them up to photobucket. I also have the resolution maxed out on the phone: 1280 X 960.

njf4i
04-09-2007, 08:52 PM
Looking good ron. I installed one on my truck a couple of years ago and love it. It gave me a lil more mpg and the sound just rocks.

The only con is claeaning the airfilter that gets a lot dirtier quicker. But if you just pick up a recharge kit you'll be good to go.

High_Revs_17
04-09-2007, 09:10 PM
Looking good ron. I installed one on my truck a couple of years ago and love it. It gave me a lil more mpg and the sound just rocks.

The only con is claeaning the airfilter that gets a lot dirtier quicker. But if you just pick up a recharge kit you'll be good to go.

Tanks bud...yeah, I've become an expert at cleaning them now after having two on my bike, one for the airbox, the other for the crankcase, I never liked cleaning them, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Redlinerider
04-09-2007, 09:31 PM
hey ron, i do not know what you drive, what is that??

John712
04-09-2007, 09:34 PM
can't really gain much of anything without the exhuast :)

i got the same engine as you got in my civic, dynoed them before and after, the lines were almost similar with a slight bit of a change until i put on an exhaust. looks hot though. dont going blowing your engine now trying to hear at high RPMs lol

High_Revs_17
04-09-2007, 09:39 PM
hey ron, i do not know what you drive, what is that??

Hey brutha, it's a '05 Acura RSX...I'll race ya on your cruiser? :lol:

High_Revs_17
04-09-2007, 09:41 PM
can't really gain much of anything without the exhuast :)

i got the same engine as you got in my civic, dynoed them before and after, the lines were almost similar with a slight bit of a change until i put on an exhaust. looks hot though. dont going blowing your engine now trying to hear at high RPMs lol

I hear ya John, but I'm not about to drop a couple of grand on a exhaust, I got a really good deal on this intake though...I should be doing some track days up at Pocono with the cage this year so it'll just up the fun factor.

John712
04-09-2007, 09:45 PM
I hear ya John, but I'm not about to drop a couple of grand on a exhaust, I got a really good deal on this intake though...I should be doing some track days up at Pocono with the cage this year so it'll just up the fun factor.

awwww shit, let me know when you go, i will join you, i'll take my civic with me and we can have a little fun out there, :)
luv ya bud, muah!

:lol:

ImmaSquashYou
04-09-2007, 11:39 PM
I was gonna say, if you wanted it more for power, should of done the CAI. But if its for sound, its the same thing usually. But there's NO WAY you getting more MPG. i mean come on now, you going WOT every time just to hear the sound. i've been there, thats why my intake is NOT going back in until gas prices start to drop again...

ImmaSquashYou
04-09-2007, 11:53 PM
Oh, its not that much for an exhaust. Get it used off the forums. My bro got his for around $350-$450 for a mugen catback. If you're gonna do track days, i suggest Tein SS, mugen front and rear strut bar. Rear sway bar is def needed. I'd prob go with progress on that one. And oh, maybe race headers to go with that catback. N some nice rims with good tires. But then again you're almost talking about 2.5k-3k right there with all those mods.

Cakes206
04-10-2007, 08:30 AM
until i put on an exhaust.
The D&D? :roflmao:

Rev
04-10-2007, 10:26 AM
Defenitly won't notice anything on gains on HP. The louder noise and hearing the vtec probably heightens the thought of your car going faster...but it's just a short ram. If you had the CAI mixed with Headers and full exhaust system, then you'll see a decent difference. Actually vic, some cars/trucks MPG will increase by just giving it more air to breathe. BUT, don't count on any HP gains. Plus it's a 4 cyl....

A CAI install on my TL 6 cyl 270 hp you would see a slight change in HP. I was actually thinking about getting one. They are cheap now....I would defenilty do it for the sound factor. Only crappy thing is on the i-Vtec's it doesn't sound as good as the Vtec's. mine you would actually hear the loud VRRRAAAAHHHHH at 5400 rpm...lol kinda like turbo lag..heh

JimRBlue
04-10-2007, 11:59 AM
glad to see you got it installed ron! :-) Enjoy the tone.

High_Revs_17
04-10-2007, 06:35 PM
Oh, its not that much for an exhaust. Get it used off the forums. My bro got his for around $350-$450 for a mugen catback. If you're gonna do track days, i suggest Tein SS, mugen front and rear strut bar. Rear sway bar is def needed. I'd prob go with progress on that one. And oh, maybe race headers to go with that catback. N some nice rims with good tires. But then again you're almost talking about 2.5k-3k right there with all those mods.

Those are all nice ideas that I've researched but I'm only going to have the car for another year before I get rid of it so I'm not planning on dumping thousands of dollars into it. I'm not racing the car, just hitting up some track days for fun, the idea is for me to keep the car as stock as possible so I can learn to drive it to it's limits like it is, sort of a challenge if you will, and if it does what I make it do on the backroads I won't be disappointed one bit at the track.

The louder noise and hearing the vtec probably heightens the thought of your car going faster...but it's just a short ram. If you had the CAI mixed with Headers and full exhaust system, then you'll see a decent difference. Actually vic, some cars/trucks MPG will increase by just giving it more air to breathe. BUT, don't count on any HP gains. Plus it's a 4 cyl

I know the car isn't faster because of it, the throttle is just more sensative, and what's all this about a 4 cylinder? My buddy's STI's a four banger...with 300 stock horses, I love that thing but it eats gas like crazy.

Mike295
04-10-2007, 07:26 PM
i gots me the same motor in my accord

sonny
04-11-2007, 07:54 AM
Looks cool, but its not functional. The whole point of an intake is to suck in fresh air.. Granted, it is 100% better than stock but it is sucking in hot air from the motor.

Bend some pipe and stuck that joker down low!

Cakes206
04-11-2007, 08:23 AM
Looks cool, but its not functional. Granted, it is 100% better than stock ...
Did you just contradict yourself?

Not 100% sure, but there might be some sort of scoop or venting at the top of the hood?

High_Revs_17
04-11-2007, 05:56 PM
Looks cool, but its not functional. The whole point of an intake is to suck in fresh air.. Granted, it is 100% better than stock but it is sucking in hot air from the motor. Bend some pipe and stuck that joker down low!

I hear ya, but like I said before the main reason why I installed it is for the sound. It's very functional, just not practical. Nearly the entire front end of my car is one large intake vent with two large exit ports on either side of the motor by the wheel wells. The intake might suck in hot engine air when the car's not moving, but when it's in motion there's plenty of cool air circulation and ventalation in there for sure.

Not 100% sure, but there might be some sort of scoop or venting at the top of the hood?

Nah, you're thinking of the Subaru WRX-STI.

ImmaSquashYou
04-21-2007, 09:22 PM
Actually vic, some cars/trucks MPG will increase by just giving it more air to breathe. BUT, don't count on any HP gains. Plus it's a 4 cyl....

Yes sir, that i know. I guess it didn't sound as well as i typed it. I meant to say there's no way he's getting more MPG because he's stepping on the throttle all the time. Granted he can get more MPG by driving it normally. But he's not going to because of the sound. I stepped on my car everytime just to hear the noise. And the noise usually doesn't kick in till at LEAST 3.5 k Thats why i was saying there's NO way he can get more mpg cause he's gonna love the sound too much..-= )