PDA

View Full Version : Leather Jacket Alterations

njf4i
07-25-2005, 07:03 PM
Well everybody that knows me will tell you that "nick is just a wittle guy"...

But jokes aside i purchased the joe rocket speedmaster leather jacket at the begining of the season. The jacket fits perfect except for the arms. I currently can only wear gloves that stop at my wrist. Not the over the jacket track gloves (because the jacket bunches up at my wrist)

Is there any place near Central NJ that can alter the length of the arms? The zipper and velcro wrist thing is gonna have to be moved.

Anyone ever have to do this before?

Vin
07-25-2005, 07:16 PM
"nick is just a wittle guy"

Sorry. :LOL:

njf4i
07-25-2005, 07:21 PM
:LOL: Sorry. :LOL:

Dude you were so on the upper part of that shoulder.

DICK!!! LMFAO!!!!!!! :LOL: :LOL:

Cakes206
07-25-2005, 07:28 PM
LMFAO!! Vin.

HondaGalToo sent me the info of someone in central Jersey...gotta find it...

DougZ
07-25-2005, 08:14 PM
What about the place Cakes had "cakes" sewn onto his leathers???????

Cakes206
07-25-2005, 08:18 PM
What about the place Cakes had "cakes" sewn onto his leathers???????

Barnacle Bill (http://www.racingleather.com/)...Need to ship it out...well worth it though...if you can wait it out till winter then send it to him that could be an idea...he took in the sleeves and legs for me along with the Cakes on the back...quality work.

soda7o
07-26-2005, 02:21 AM
nick hit up Z from the other board he does leather crap....

HondaGalToo
07-26-2005, 12:43 PM
I dunno if the guy in Freehold does alterations, he may. Probably worth a phone call to check. He does good repair work at very reasonable prices.
Barnacle Bill is excellent, but will probably take longer. If you decide you want to call the guy in Freehold, PM me and I'll get you his number. I'm at work right now, and I don't have it with me.

Vin
07-26-2005, 12:46 PM
nick hit up Z from the other board he does leather crap....

Chestfield.

Cakes206
07-26-2005, 03:04 PM
Chestfield.

LMFAO!! DUDE!!

xstortion
07-26-2005, 03:42 PM
Judging from the pic Vinny must be 7'2 :LOL:
Just playin Nick

Vin
07-26-2005, 03:46 PM
Judging from the pic Vinny must be 7'2 :LOL:
Just playin Nick

Shaq V

ronin_01r1
07-26-2005, 10:54 PM
Well everybody that knows me will tell you that "nick is just a wittle guy"...

But jokes aside i purchased the joe rocket speedmaster leather jacket at the begining of the season. The jacket fits perfect except for the arms. I currently can only wear gloves that stop at my wrist. Not the over the jacket track gloves (because the jacket bunches up at my wrist)

Is there any place near Central NJ that can alter the length of the arms? The zipper and velcro wrist thing is gonna have to be moved.

Anyone ever have to do this before?

I had it done on my first jacket. I took it to a dry cleaners which had a sign for "leather alterations". They sent it out to a guy once per week. Turn around time was 1 week. They did an okay job for about $30. I found that the stitching for the relocated velcro was coming loose after awhile. It didn't really matter much since I had gloves that went over the sleeve. If I did it over again, I would've just removed the velcro tab all together.

I guess the other option is having that custom leather jacket guy on tssb do something for ya. He might cut you a deal. I forget his name tho.

Cakes206
07-26-2005, 11:00 PM
Get that # from HondaGalToo...or send it to Barnacle Bill in the winter. ;)

High_Revs_17
07-27-2005, 12:43 PM
:LOL:

Dude you were so on the upper part of that shoulder.

DICK!!! LMFAO!!!!!!! :LOL: :LOL:

Jeeeeeezus, why don't you try stuff on before buying...how many damn jackets do you own now Nicholas?! It seems Jo's shopping habbits have rubbed off on ya! :lol:

As for "that shoulder"?..................................:LOL: :LOL: