PDA

View Full Version : Lasik Eye Surgery?

Lucky7
04-03-2007, 03:03 PM
I've been debating on getting this procedure done for a while. Getting Tired of wearing contacts drying out and glasses pinching the bridge of my nose underneath my lid. I also snowboard and I figure it would help my boarding experience as well.

Has any one here had Lasik done and how has it affected your riding experience?

Rev
04-03-2007, 03:16 PM
I have 2 personal friends who had it done. The vision is now 20/20...one of them was at negative in both eyes....he wore glasses since he was like 6..he's amazed as to how much he can see...worth the mula

soda7o
04-03-2007, 03:48 PM
I ahve friends that did it a while ago when it was still relativly new and not as advanced as now.. they all loveit and dont regret i one bit.. andnow its cheaper and better.
do it .. but find the right doctor..

lateapex
04-03-2007, 03:49 PM
a;sldfkhas[pdfoj na ;kjwenf'[psdfn;aljker-wepfma;sldkfa;weo

Sorry I forgot to use my glasses to type. :)

I have a friend that did it and sees 20/20 now.

yb929rr
04-03-2007, 03:54 PM
just do your research. i've thought about it but don't want to risk my eyes. yeah it's not often but they do mess up. i know one person who has unexplained headaches since it's been done. also, it does 'wear' off and you'll probably need glasses again at some point.
just somethings to consider.

MrQuickR1
04-03-2007, 03:59 PM
just do your research. i've thought about it but don't want to risk my eyes. yeah it's not often but they do mess up. i know one person who has unexplained headaches since it's been done. also, it does 'wear' off and you'll probably need glasses again at some point.
just somethings to consider.

It wears off?
How long do they estimate it lasts for?
That sucks! All the money you put out to only have to do it again.

Kinda like breast implants...you have to re do it every 10 years or less.
what a waste of money for insecurities lol

yb929rr
04-03-2007, 04:03 PM
i don't know exactly how long it takes. you'll probably never go as bad as you are now. it happened to my stepmom and another person i know.

Lucky7
04-03-2007, 04:37 PM
I didn't know it wears off. Shows you how much I know.

Well I signed up for a consultation at diamondvision. They're the same guys that did Tiki Barber's eyes and if its good enough for Tiki, its good enough for me.

They are running a spring Lasik promotion, for about 500/eye. Not a bad price to pay considering I spend $250 on glasses and contacts every year.

HondaGalToo
04-03-2007, 04:51 PM
I had it done about 5 years ago and am very happy with it. It's awesome to not have to wear glasses whilst skiing/boarding, or riding. Depending on your eyes, it may regress some. If your eyes are still changing it might. Every few years I'd need a new prescription for glasses, so it didn't surprise me that mine changed a bit. The doc who did mine offers free "touch ups" if needed and said in 10 years he only did one. Mine regressed just a bit, but are fine. He corrected me to about 20/25 (I do close work, and am at the reading glasses age, so he didn't want to throw me into readers right away). I'm probably 20/30 or 20/35 now. I just need a mild corrective lens for night driving or the theater. Compared to what I was, I have no complaints. It hasn't regressed to the point where I'd consider a "touch up". I'd do it again, definitely. Plus now I can wear cool sunglasses instead of those clip-on things. :lol:

mullerjd
04-03-2007, 08:41 PM
Got it done back in Oct.. best money ever spent!

RCM78
04-03-2007, 10:17 PM
If your prescription has been stable for a few years the lasik will last a while. If you need a stronger prescription every year then it will only last a year or two before you need glasses again.

shadoxkila
04-04-2007, 03:04 AM
i wanna get that shit so bad, but i cant afford it...i'm friggin blind and cant do anything without my contacts in

yb929rr
04-04-2007, 08:51 AM
how much was it with the doctor who does free touch ups?
and where?

HondaGalToo
04-04-2007, 09:19 AM
how much was it with the doctor who does free touch ups?
and where?

The doc I used offered that, unless it's changed. Dr. Joel Confino in Westfield, NJ. He's very good and has been doing lasik for probably 15 or more years, at least.

Rev
04-04-2007, 11:24 AM
do it...

EvilSteve
04-04-2007, 02:29 PM
My wife had it done. She's been so happy since she had it done, it was expensive but worth every cent. I think her doctor was Dr. Solomon? I can't remember now (it was a couple of years ago) but they were very good.

PitsVtec
04-04-2007, 02:49 PM
2 of my friends had it done and they were happy with the outcome.

duc748pilot
04-04-2007, 03:53 PM
I did it a few months ago. Dr Norden @ Norden Lasik. Hes the real deal. No offense but I didnt want some company advertising 500 per eye doing mine. These are your eyes. Vision correction is not a place to "shop around for the best price". Go with reputation, longevity in the field, qualifications, go for a consultation and see whats up. Talk to people who have had the procedure done by the doc in question. Ask all and any questions you might have.

The procedure is by far not a comfortable one. But well worth it.

Also, If your Law Enforcement, a firefighter, or EMS....He gives a HEFTY discount as a "thanks for your service". I almost paid full price until I asked the question about when I could wear my SCBA mask after the surgery....She goes...we didnt know you were a firefighter...and saved me over a grand.

PitsVtec
04-04-2007, 07:28 PM
Research your physicians....I worked medical malpractice cases for about 6 years....Dr. Norden has been in practice since 1981. He has had 1 suit and settled the matter for a six figure number. This doesn't mean he is a bad physician, people sue for many things, it's just an FYI.

yb929rr
04-04-2007, 07:58 PM
I did it a few months ago. Dr Norden @ Norden Lasik. Hes the real deal. No offense but I didnt want some company advertising 500 per eye doing mine. These are your eyes. Vision correction is not a place to "shop around for the best price". Go with reputation, longevity in the field, qualifications, go for a consultation and see whats up. Talk to people who have had the procedure done by the doc in question. Ask all and any questions you might have.

this is the best point. don't look for the cheapest. :nod2:

PitsVtec
04-04-2007, 09:16 PM
this is the best point. don't look for the cheapest. :nod2:

+1

duc748pilot
04-05-2007, 10:18 AM
I cant imagine how many times people have sued against dr's with this lasik procedure.

But yea....Discount lasik is not something you should be typing in google :)

EvilSteve
04-05-2007, 02:41 PM
Hi everybody, I'm Dr. Nick! Lasik surgery? No problem, only $39.95!