PDA

View Full Version : Low Buck Helmet Mod

Gear Dog
07-24-2005, 10:17 PM
Ok so on my Icon there is this little tab to pull the strap off of the helmet. This makes removing the helmet sooooo easy. Since my HJC didn't have one I needed a solution.
So after a little thinking I came up with this. It's just a piece of velcro about 4 inches long doubled over itself.
The first pic is the Icon, then the velcro, and last the modded HJC.

Qetesh
07-24-2005, 10:57 PM
Ok so on my Icon there is this little tab to pull the strap off of the helmet. This makes removing the helmet sooooo easy. Since my HJC didn't have one I needed a solution.
So after a little thinking I came up with this. It's just a piece of velcro about 4 inches long doubled over itself.
The first pic is the Icon, then the velcro, and last the modded HJC.

Ok, I'm a little slow :LOL: You mean the piece of velcro you added is what you use to pull your helmet off your head?

I use the two hand and push up method, which pulls my eyes to the point you would think I'm oriental until the last minute when I actually have the helmet off :lol:

Vin
07-24-2005, 11:03 PM
I think he's talking about the tab you use to tighten the staps after you've looped the strap through the D or C ring. I could be wrong... :embarrass

Cakes206
07-25-2005, 12:39 AM
Hes talking about the little strap thats on the one ring. Most helmets have that strap so when you want to take off your helmet, you just grab the little strap and pull to the side, making it easier to losen the main strap. Looks like the HJC doesn't have that little strap(like the orange one in the left pic) so he made his own out of velcro.

Qetesh, I notice when you take your helmet off you just push strait up on it...pullin 1/2 your face off with it :lol: ...try taking the straps and pull them outward while simultaneously lifting up on the helmet. ;)

FigNewTon
07-25-2005, 09:18 AM
You have beed riding with her for how long and now you tell her this....some friend you are :lol:

Pirate
07-25-2005, 09:52 AM
hey it also help to undo the straps first!!!! :wow:

Gear Dog
07-25-2005, 10:52 AM
That's exactly what I was talking about Cakes

Cakes206
07-25-2005, 02:58 PM
You have beed riding with her for how long and now you tell her this....some friend you are :lol:

This is Qetesh we're talkin bout...I gotta put on my medival times armor when I try to tell her something...still nuthin but love ;)

DougZ
07-25-2005, 03:08 PM
Doesn't just pulling the main strap the opposite way, that you would pull it to tighten the helmet, do the same thing??? None of my helmets have any little tabs attached the D-rings.

Gear Dog
07-25-2005, 09:41 PM
The tab just makes it easier to take it off. Pull on the tab it releases the strap. Again it's a low buck mod. I had the velcro in the garage and it worked for me. I figured there is a purpose for it if the manufactures put it on the helmets.