PDA

View Full Version : Gear questions for the ladies.

Lucky7
03-14-2007, 02:37 PM
My girlfriend's birthday is coming up soon and she's been swimming in my old JR textile all these years. She's has been learning to ride and sometimes she rides pillion with me.

I'd like to get her a stylish motorcycle textile or textile jacket with good removable CE armor. Do any of the ladies on this site have any recommendations?

SPL170db
03-14-2007, 02:57 PM
I'd recommend that if you are interested in protecting your g/f you spring for leather, perforated if need be, but textile is next to useless at anything faster than parking lot speed.

Lucky7
03-14-2007, 03:02 PM
I'm leaning towards leather or leather/textile jackets. I'm definitely trying to avoid Icon products b/c I think they're crap.

SPL170db
03-14-2007, 03:27 PM
I'm leaning towards leather or leather/textile jackets. I'm definitely trying to avoid Icon products b/c I think they're crap.

I would too, I don't trust Icon, leave that shit for parking-lot-speed stunt riders.

Both Joe Rocket and Alpinestars have complete female specific lines

EvilSteve
03-14-2007, 03:28 PM
Here's a good option for you dude:

http://www.revit.eu/cms2007/cms/Productpopup-5876.php?product=12
(black is better of course)

http://www.revit.eu/cms2007/images/collectie07/FJL027_1010.jpg

It's got leather where it needs it, it's got two liners - one waterproof, one for warmth - and it looks awesome. Friend of mine (female rider) just bought one. I also have a friend with the guy's version, he's had it for a while and loves it. Ducati NYC is a dealer for Rev'it so you can check them out without too much drama.

soda7o
03-14-2007, 03:36 PM
whats wrong with ICON... why do you say they are crap?

back to the topic.. lucky a pic of yoru girl would help :) lol
ok ok .. het her a nice leather jacket... perferted woudl be fine since i am sure she will not be riding in december...

here is a goodplace to start
http://www.newenough.com/browse/protective_apparel/leather_jackets_and_pants

SPL170db
03-14-2007, 03:40 PM
Not one single pro rider (short of "pro" stunters) wears Icon, and they never get faster than what 35 mph? Seen their helmets split from an impact, not good. They also do not make any sort of leather pant, so going to a track is out of the question. Better quality to be had for the same price with more reputable brands.

cbr_F4i_Chick
03-14-2007, 04:19 PM
My girlfriend's birthday is coming up soon and she's been swimming in my old JR textile all these years. She's has been learning to ride and sometimes she rided pillion with me.

I'd like to get her a stylish motorcycle textile or textile jacket with good removable CE armor. Do any of the ladies on this site have any recommendations?

YEAH G-LINE is my top choice!!!!! AWESOMELY SOFT and stylish and made for women...hein gerikkkkeeeee ladies line. I also appreciate Arlen ness!

or if u want cheaper, powertrip's pretty good and everything has removable armor.

i have tons of icon and its stiff and uncomfortable. JR I have and another set of crap. AStar is OKAYYY...its not my top choice. I have a small frame and l appreciate soft and light. I don't have time to stand in the shower with my leather on to sleep in over night...LOL.

Also, women are hard to fit...what's her body type? Seriously women are hard to fit, every brand cuts different and well...we have different measurements.

Lucky7
03-14-2007, 04:59 PM
YEAH G-LINE is my top choice!!!!! AWESOMELY SOFT and stylish and made for women...hein gerikkkkeeeee ladies line. I also appreciate Arlen ness!

or if u want cheaper, powertrip's pretty good and everything has removable armor.

Thanks I'll check out their sites. Stylish is the key word otherwise it gets returned or not used.

\whats wrong with ICON... why do you say they are crap?

back to the topic.. lucky a pic of yoru girl would help :) lol
ok ok .. het her a nice leather jacket... perferted woudl be fine since i am sure she will not be riding in december...

I heard about crash-tested Icon Jackets with busted seams. I was thinking "perferted" too but I probably also should get something that she can use off the bike.

Okok, since you asked here's a pic of my girl:

http://crispixlover.files.wordpress.com/2006/10/jbiel3.jpg

njf4i
03-14-2007, 05:11 PM
Well i'm no lady, but the JR calendar i have has a ton of hot chicks in JR riding jackets. Your best bet is to take her to a place that has a bunch to choose from, and then order over the net.

I know from experience, guys can't pick out girls clothing at all. Well unless its vickies, and they usually don't mind what choice as long as you get the right size. :doh:

CBRBob
03-14-2007, 06:18 PM
JR used to be crap, now they are good. Icon is still crap, even their helmets.

As far as textile not being any good above parking lot speeds, wrong again. I am living proof that is false.

Shelly
03-15-2007, 09:01 AM
I bought and used a JR textile last season (yeah, even in summer...didn't have a ton of $$) and it worked ok enough. the back piece suxed, was too long, had to cut it....but, I found a kickass JR mesh w/lining which I love (bought on newenough)...the armor is great and anatomically fits correctly in the right spots. see if i can find some pix of my gear. i also recently bought a Vanson leather jacket which has been great for cutting wind for 40/50's temps. I got hein gericke track pants...breathable, soft and very comfy. loose enough for 2 layers under...i even wore them yesterday not knowing how much debris would be on road and i was a little hot but not too bad.

Definately recommend she looks online to see what's out there and what she might like then go somewhere to try diff. ones on and then buyin' via internet is your best bet.

Sue
03-15-2007, 10:33 AM
The only "Icon" gear I have is the Ladies Tuscadero Jacket in White and I love it. It is perforated, has armor, and a removable liner. Also, its cut for a girl so it fits perfect. It's definitely a solid/made well jacket. Again, its the only "icon" product I have but I'm really happy with it. :)

Lucky7
03-15-2007, 11:07 AM
This is what I'm getting her:

http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/Dainese_Lola-2_Ladies_Tessuto_Textile_Jacket--608262.html

Textile w/ leather reinforcements. Doesn't come w/ CE armor but I do have a smaller set from my mesh jacket.

HondaGalToo
03-15-2007, 12:47 PM
Can't go wrong with Dainese stuff. Does the jacket have a zipper to attach pants, should she want those? Personally, I like Vanson's stuff. They make women's sizes, too, although I ended up going custom anyway.

Lucky7
03-19-2007, 05:22 PM
Well, found out from Kneedraggers that they don't have that in stock and would have to order it. I was really rushing to get it by before my girl's birthday so I ended up getting her this. Better IMHO because it's full leather, comes with removable CE armor, and not much different in price.

http://www.kneedraggers.com/image_storage/3/49/34923fead71f4adf460df9248af3c497_rough.jpg

High_Revs_17
03-19-2007, 08:29 PM
Can't go wrong with Teknic gear either.

http://www.teknicgear.com/catalog2.php?categoryid=9&materialid=0&styleid=1

Sue
03-20-2007, 10:43 AM
Nice jacket...it looks like its cut just like mine...I think she will like it. :)

Shelly
03-20-2007, 11:39 AM
looks like a really sweet jacket you went with. :)

cbr_F4i_Chick
03-20-2007, 11:44 AM
wow, its ppppppppprrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeetttttyyyy:lol:

wat a nice bf.:nod2:

High_Revs_17
03-20-2007, 05:16 PM
Damn sexy leather ya got there...