PDA

View Full Version : Oxtar TCS EVO RX Racing Boots

ZeRo_C0oL
03-13-2007, 11:55 AM
Anyone use them? Know someone that does?

Great boots, or not? I sure hope so, because they're on the way. I went ahead and ordered them, and I got a good deal on them, so if I don't like them I can turn around and hopefully not have any trouble selling them for what I paid for them.

FigNewTon
03-13-2007, 04:43 PM
You will not be disappointed with the Oxtars. They are an excelllent boot. I have been riding in them for about the last 3 years.

SPL170db
03-13-2007, 04:52 PM
Anyone use them? Know someone that does?

Great boots, or not? I sure hope so, because they're on the way. I went ahead and ordered them, and I got a good deal on them, so if I don't like them I can turn around and hopefully not have any trouble selling them for what I paid for them.

I believe those are the ones with the titanium toe sliders correct? Keep in mind if you ever plan on going to the track that some track organizers may not let you out there with them for the same reason they don't allow Ti knee pucks, they spark.

FigNewTon
03-13-2007, 04:54 PM
I believe those are the ones with the titanium toe sliders correct? Keep in mind if you ever plan on going to the track that some track organizers may not let you out there with them for the same reason they don't allow Ti knee pucks, they spark.
I can attest to this as well :P

RCM78
03-13-2007, 05:32 PM
I love my Oxstars. I also have Ti toe sliders but have never been asked not to wear them at any track...

Cakes206
03-13-2007, 07:34 PM
:roflmao: I still have that toe slider in my tool box. Damn kids these days, always causin a ruckous :roflmao:

Mike295
03-13-2007, 08:13 PM
good boots. run big sizes though.

High_Revs_17
03-13-2007, 08:46 PM

Maybe bikes should be banned at track days as well, cuz when they go down I'm sure they make a hell of a lot more sparkage. :lol:

ZeRo_C0oL
03-14-2007, 01:34 AM
I only bought them because they were on blowout on one of my favorite websites for $135 brand new :D Good deal, eh? I almost bought the Icon Field Armor boots too because they were $45 but I slept on it and it was too late by the time I decided to spend the money.

Are the Oxtar's a little bit much for the street? I just want to be protected... I split off from a group ride this weekend because I had a bad feeling about it (after riding for about 2 hours) and it turned out my bad feeling was right... A friend went down and broke his ankle and narrowly missed about a 100ft drop.

SPL170db
03-14-2007, 01:40 AM
There's never "too much" protection for the street. There is most certainly more stuff to hit and hurt you on the street than there is on the track.

That's the point of the track, it's a controlled environment with most of the uncontrollable hazards taken out of the picture.

ZeRo_C0oL
03-14-2007, 02:09 AM
There's never "too much" protection for the street. There is most certainly more stuff to hit and hurt you on the street than there is on the track.

That's the point of the track, it's a controlled environment with most of the uncontrollable hazards taken out of the picture.

True, but just in the sense of argument... you're also typically pushing the limit more at the track in my opinion. I guess that depends on the rider, but I would personally push it harder at the track than on the street... if for no other reason than because all of those extra variables are not in the picture. You typically don't have the gravel, sand, animals, police, etc to worry about in the back of your mind. I used to ride kind of hard on the streets and stay towards the front of the pack or potentially leading, but I really prefer to hang back in the back now if I have it my way. I have nothing to prove... For me, a good day of riding is not wadding up my bike, going home in one piece, and not needing any of the gear that I'm wearing.

I hope the boots are not overkill, but I'm glad I bought them. The cheapest I could find them elsewhere was roughly $240 + shipping. $135 shipped made it very much worthwhile. I can probably sell them unused for $200 shipped pretty quickly, don't you guys think?

I am a bit worried about the size though. There was only a 10.5 available, and that happens to be the typical size that I wear in the average casual shoe, but do boots run different? Someone said they run large. I sure hope they run a bit loose, because I'd rather have a little bit of room for my feet than be too tight. I wear a 10.5 or 11 in most shoes.

EvilSteve
03-14-2007, 11:25 AM
I personally think anything you wear at the track, you should wear on the street. It all balances out IMO. You may run at a slower speed on the street but you also have to consider that you'll potentially have increased closing speeds as well as hazards that seem to be designed to do us harm. As long as it's comfortable (which applies to the track too), wear every bit of gear you can IMO.

ZeRo_C0oL
03-14-2007, 11:36 AM
That's why these big closeout/blowout sales are KILLING ME! lol.. I'm also looking at the Joe Rocket Supermoto jacket because it's $140, but it might be a little big for me. I have trouble with sizing... I usually buy gear that's labeled regular sizes (M, L, XL, XXL) rather than US or Euro sizes. What is a size 48 leather jacket equivelant to in "regular sizes"? My upper body gear is probably only going to last through part of this season because I'm going back to the gym. lol

I usually wear XL.

EvilSteve
03-14-2007, 11:43 AM
I usually fit medium and I'm 40us/50euro in most brands. I'd say 48 is a large or maybe XL depending on the brand. Best bet is to find a store with the brand you're looking for and try on some gear to make sure you know how their sizing runs and then order online.

ZeRo_C0oL
03-14-2007, 12:02 PM
I usually fit medium and I'm 40us/50euro in most brands. I'd say 48 is a large or maybe XL depending on the brand. Best bet is to find a store with the brand you're looking for and try on some gear to make sure you know how their sizing runs and then order online.

That's the problem... The store selection here is very limited. They will be glad to order for you, but don't keep much on the racks.

I fit perfectly in the Joe Rocket Kawasaki leather jacket.... in XL size. Think the 48 would be a good fit? I don't understand why some of the jackets are in numerical size, and some are what I consider to be standard size..... in the same brand.

EvilSteve
03-14-2007, 12:24 PM
Usually they'll make serious stuff in numerical sizes because the fit is going to better or at least more accurate. Your XL sizes span several numerical sizes and therefore are going to fit more people but probably won't fit everyone as well. If you're getting track leathers you're going to want to get the best fit you can which means (for me at least) a 50 is better than a 52 but M would encompass both of those sizes and may fit worse. Usually the dress wear, you know the stuff that's not actually serious technical gear will get letter sizing because it doesn't matter if it doesn't quite fit right. Honestly, it's hard for me to say if a 48 is going to fit in a particular brand. Best you can do is try it yourself, if that doesn't work, see if you can find someone about your size that knows. Next best option is to check sizing charts and the last option is just to order and hope for the best. You could also try calling the company that sells them and ask but that may not help at all. Sorry I can't be of more help dude.