PDA

View Full Version : IF You LOOOVE to work on bikes...

Rev
03-09-2007, 05:51 PM
I'll let you do my brakes for free...

No seriously, I need to get my rotors and pads changed and while i'm at it probably my front brake lines to SS. I'll cut you a break and let you do it...Who ever is willing to take advantage of this deal let me know.

Thanks...

Or should I say, your welcome. :moocow:

NYCSTRIPES
03-09-2007, 05:54 PM
why do the rotors need replacing?

Ripp53
03-09-2007, 06:05 PM
if you need help let me know and if your close by i'll come over and help you.
let me know.

soda7o
03-09-2007, 06:12 PM
hey fuker let me knwo if you need assitance.. i have all the tools and manuals ( i can dig em up i thinkg) i changed my breaks, rotors, and lines last year it was CAKE letme know if you need assistance...

EvilSteve
03-09-2007, 07:00 PM
What's so hard about changing your rotors and pads dude?

John712
03-09-2007, 07:13 PM
Mark, bring your bike here if you could. and i'll have it done for you either the sameday or the following.

njf4i
03-09-2007, 07:22 PM
Yeah mark its not that hard to do. But i think your just lazy :lol:

But why replace the rotors already? What year is your bike and how many miles are on them?

jcblitz
03-09-2007, 07:35 PM
Have you been taking tips from http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4675 and http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4288?

High_Revs_17
03-09-2007, 07:38 PM
Don't need the rotors replaced unless you're switching to waves or they cause the front end to shimmy under braking.

Just change out the pads and lines yourself ya lazy ass, you should learn how to do that stuff anyway.

SPL170db
03-09-2007, 08:54 PM
Drop it off in front of my garage and come back in 24 hours :)

Rev
03-09-2007, 09:02 PM

Since my accident it's very hard for me to grip things...I tried working on my car brakes and it took me 6-7 hours when it should have taken me 1 - 2 hours...

As far as my rotors, I don't think I need to get them change..I just added them in there because I may wanna get some aftermarket one's while i'm doing the process

I have 11k miles on the bike with original brakes and i do some hard braking.

I can't believe all the offering of help, I was actually expecting more jokes then anythign else. I'm in Morris County and some of you guys I know so I'll hit you up on PM. Thanks again for the offer's..just goes to show the kind of people this board has =)

CBRBob
03-09-2007, 09:23 PM
Bring it by the CCM site next Sun. and we will put some GN125 parts on it.

Howz that 4 jokes?

Rev
03-09-2007, 09:48 PM
What's CCM and GN125? Sorry for the ignorance.

Brian78
03-09-2007, 10:25 PM
I have 11k miles on the bike with original brakes and i do some hard braking.

if you have 11k miles with original brakes.. trust me, you really dont brake that hard.

Ant
03-09-2007, 11:17 PM
if you have 11k miles with original brakes.. trust me, you really dont brake that hard.

yeah I agree. I can go through a set of pads in under 1000 miles. When you can feel your bike flexing, you're braking hard

Redlinerider
03-09-2007, 11:52 PM
i would like to learn, so i'll watch who mever does it. lol

CBRBob
03-10-2007, 12:07 AM
What's CCM and GN125? Sorry for the ignorance.

Morris County resident huh?
CCM= County College of Morris

GN125= http://www.rider-ed.com/scan3.jpg

IrocRob
03-10-2007, 12:13 AM
He's a recent transplant, Bob. Give the guy a break...:doh:

fire83tug
03-10-2007, 12:49 AM
i would like to learn, so i'll watch who mever does it. lol

I was thinking the same thing. Well, a tiny bit different at least.
I would love to f#ck up someone elses bike learning, before I f*ck up mine.;)
Although I have changed pads on one of my other bikes before.:nod2:

EvilSteve
03-10-2007, 03:59 AM
Hey Rev, that makes sense mate, I'd offer to help too but I dare say you have more competent people offering before me. ;) I did all the brakes on my monster, rotors, calipers, masters, pads. It's really not hard but if you've got some injury still (I'm guessing nerve?) then I can totally understand why you'd want some assistance.

Again, let me know if I can help dude.

MrQuickR1
03-10-2007, 09:18 AM
OK Mark. I personally and honestly think you do not need rotor replacing, even upgrading to a wave rotor is just for show because it is not needed for street use.
If you want to, fine, it does look sweet, but not needed.
Save that extra$$ for the wedding :lol:
Anyway, I would be more than happy to give a hand. I see alot of offers to help which is good to know cause I'm thinking about having them come over and take my wheels off for next saturday lol.

Anyway, Put me on the list of offers.

John712
03-10-2007, 12:10 PM
wimp :lol:

Rev
03-10-2007, 12:18 PM

I don't get it??? I know I have 11k miles and yes I do brake hard. So how long are Pads good for until you need to change em? 20k? 30k? I put about 8-10k a season on my bike....Just trying to avoid the situation of needing to change them and not doing it...I wanna get that out of the way this season. I plan on doing track this year and thought I'd prepare starting with my suspension and brakes...

OK Mark. I personally and honestly think you do not need rotor replacing, even upgrading to a wave rotor is just for show because it is not needed for street use.
If you want to, fine, it does look sweet, but not needed.
Save that extra$$ for the wedding :lol:
Anyway, I would be more than happy to give a hand. I see alot of offers to help which is good to know cause I'm thinking about having them come over and take my wheels off for next saturday lol.

Anyway, Put me on the list of offers.

I'm not changing rotors, gonna save mula for the wedding, lol. Just gonna swap out my pads and lines. Thanks for the offer up billy...

John712
03-10-2007, 12:26 PM
I don't get it??? I know I have 11k miles and yes I do brake hard. So how long are Pads good for until you need to change em? 20k? 30k? I put about 8-10k a season on my bike....Just trying to avoid the situation of needing to change them and not doing it...I wanna get that out of the way this season. I plan on doing track this year and thought I'd prepare starting with my suspension and brakes...

I'm not changing rotors, gonna save mula for the wedding, lol. Just gonna swap out my pads and lines. Thanks for the offer up billy...

miles on pads vary, depending on how HARD you brake, and the type of pads you got to. changing pads are the easiest part, but then you got to bleed the brakes aswell, i do it as a safety precaution. but the lines, not many wanna do them, their also easy. time consumming though, but easy.

High_Revs_17
03-10-2007, 01:22 PM
Morris County resident huh?

Front turn signal mods on that sucker rule.

Brian78
03-10-2007, 03:45 PM
I don't get it??? I know I have 11k miles and yes I do brake hard. So how long are Pads good for until you need to change em? 20k? 30k? I put about 8-10k a season on my bike....Just trying to avoid the situation of needing to change them and not doing it...I wanna get that out of the way this season. I plan on doing track this year and thought I'd prepare starting with my suspension and brakes.....

well braking hard on the street and braking hard on the track are to completely different things.. id say i go through brake pads every 5-600 miles. but yeah, if ur gonna start going to the track, get some ss lines, some motul rbf 600 brake fluid and same vesrah RJL's and you will be amazed at how phenomal your braking will be.

ffejtable
03-10-2007, 05:36 PM
brake pads are seriously about a 5 minute job on most bikes. unless your rotors are warped, I wouldnt touch them, 11k miles is nothing. brake lines arent that hard to do either, especially if you have access to a mityvac...

i can help as well, and do have a mityvac :)

Cakes206
03-10-2007, 08:59 PM
I ain't helpin you with shit.

j/k :lol:

Tonupboy
05-24-2007, 05:06 PM
Hmm...I would like to watch too...how about it? I'm more interested in the SS lines swap...

SPRHK
05-24-2007, 08:44 PM

He cant even make it out on a ride, how is he gonna change his own brakes?

Kennedy
05-24-2007, 09:18 PM
You know you need new brakes when you are on VIR South Course front straight braking for turn 1 at the last marker at top speed and you pull the lever and it goes all the way back to the handlebar....then call me and tell me you need new brakes ;)

:lol:

suzis_date
05-12-2008, 03:23 PM
Lazy ass..... :lol: It's a piece of pie.

CBRBob
05-12-2008, 04:39 PM
Lazy ass..... :lol: It's a piece of pie.

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l241/courtconaway/MERRY_NEW_YEAR_2007.jpg