PDA

View Full Version : Nascar... i feel dirty

Mike295
03-04-2007, 09:23 PM
Ok so i watched flag to flag action of the nascar bush series in mexico. it was actually pretty good. and i liked it.

SPL170db
03-04-2007, 09:34 PM
Start smoking Winstons and paint your neck red...........it's all downhill from here.

SAXON117
03-04-2007, 09:41 PM
Hey at least it was a road course and not a circle. And you can always go on the patch if you find yourself getting addicted. :lol:

Seriously though, it you enjoyed it, watch it. Its racing.

EvilSteve
03-04-2007, 11:35 PM
Road course is better than watching ovals that's for damn sure.

SAXON117
03-04-2007, 11:40 PM
Road course is better than watching ovals that's for damn sure.

+1

CBRBob
03-05-2007, 12:16 AM
Hey at least it was a road course and not a circle.

:lol: :lol: :nod2:

njf4i
03-05-2007, 07:20 AM
Yeah mike way to actually step up and give it a chance. The race was good yesterday. I just feel bad that monoya had to take out his own teammate like he did for his first win. But when it comes down to it there aren't any teamns in racing.

I'm glad montoya won the race. He had the fastest car and ran that track like nobodys buisness.

Ant
03-05-2007, 07:51 AM
Yeah mike way to actually step up and give it a chance. The race was good yesterday. I just feel bad that monoya had to take out his own teammate like he did for his first win. But when it comes down to it there aren't any teamns in racing.

I'm glad montoya won the race. He had the fastest car and ran that track like nobodys buisness.

He pulled a Pedrosa?

njf4i
03-05-2007, 09:13 AM
He pulled a Pedrosa?

Oh he did. Montoya had the best car all day, but got screwed on a pit with fueling problems. Came out 19 with 20 something laps and made it all the way back to 2nd. Got behind his teamate pruett going into turn 1 and tried to force the inside and spun pruett out. Needless to say pruett, and team owners ganassi and sabatas were none to pleased.

Here is the story from nascar:

MEXICO CITY -- Juan Montoya spun teammate Scott Pruett to take the lead with eight laps left, then held off Denny Hamlin to win the Telcel-Motorola 200 on Sunday for his first NASCAR Busch Series victory.

Montoya, the Colombian star who jumped from Formula One to NASCAR late last season, recovered from a bad pit stop to aggressively move from 19th to first, taking the lead when he sent Pruett's car spinning on the 72nd lap.

"I'm very sorry about what happened with Scott,'' Montoya said. "I thought he saw me and when he came across I had no room to go.''

Pruett was clearly upset.

"Of all the people to take you out -- your teammate,'' Pruett said. "That was just lowdown, nasty, dirty driving.''

Hamlin, right behind the two Chip Ganassi Racing drivers at the time, said it was a tough call.

"I wouldn't call it dirty driving, but it was a bit aggressive,'' Hamlin said. "Juan had the fastest car and he would have taken the lead sooner or later. He was overzealous.''

Hamlin, the winner last year, pressured Montoya in the closing laps, but couldn't pass on the 2.518-mile Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez road course's S-curves.

Boris Said finished third in the race that ended with a green-white-checker finish after a late caution. Carl Edwards was fourth, and Pruett finished fifth.

"I'm really glad we won, but really upset that we took out a teammate,'' said Brad Parrott, Montoya's crew chief.

Montoya, who had the dominant car for the entire race, made a green-flag stop on the 45th lap, but a fuel malfunction forced him to return to the pits about 10 laps later. After a caution, he started 19th and quickly moved his way back to the front of the field.

Mike295
03-05-2007, 11:55 AM
it was sorta a pedrosa.. but with alot less of an impact on the series championship.

EvilSteve
03-05-2007, 01:01 PM
And JPM was clearly faster, not just trying an optimistic payback like the homing midget was.

Retom7
03-05-2007, 09:47 PM
He could have waited to pass though, he was just in a rush to get back up there. THere was still plenty of time to go. I'm just glad my man Said finished 3rd. Met him at Lime Rock, such a nice guy.

njf4i
03-06-2007, 12:35 AM
He could have waited to pass though, he was just in a rush to get back up there. THere was still plenty of time to go. I'm just glad my man Said finished 3rd. Met him at Lime Rock, such a nice guy.

Wait don't say it. Your a said head??? :roflmao:

Please tell me when you go to a race your gonna wear the fro hat?

http://www.nascarnewsblog.com/media/boris%20said_01.jpg

Marker54
03-06-2007, 10:22 AM

You know, I was kind of a fan of Boris until he started making those Broke Back Mountian comments in Daytona...Though I have to give the guy credit, he drove the whole freakin race the other day with no shifter knob...:hail:

Cakes206
03-06-2007, 10:34 AM
Ok so i watched flag to flag action of the nascar bush series in mexico. it was actually pretty good. and i liked it.
Oh Christ, might as well sell the house, get a 1978 Winnebago, hard hat that holds beer, a nascar tribute tattoo, and follow em round the country setting up camp on the roof. :lol:

CBRBob
03-06-2007, 12:08 PM
he drove the whole freakin race the other day with no shifter knob...:hail:

Yea, and you know what he was using to shift right?

SAXON117
03-06-2007, 04:23 PM
Yea, and you know what he was using to shift right?

his mouth?:lol: