PDA

View Full Version : 2006 R1

soda7o
03-02-2007, 12:00 PM
what kind of oil does it need and how much of it.. ?
thanks...

SPL170db
03-02-2007, 12:29 PM
2 of these should be good

http://www.packagingdigest.com/articles/200505/images/60.jpg

Look on the side of the clutch cover, it should be stamped with the capacity in ml's

As far as what kind to use, just use any motorcycle specific oil or if you have to use a car oil make sure it's not one labelled "Energy Conserving" as those usually have a bunch of addiditives that don't play nice with the bike's wet clutch.

soda7o
03-02-2007, 12:47 PM
2 of these should be good

http://www.packagingdigest.com/articles/200505/images/60.jpg

Look on the side of the clutch cover, it should be stamped with the capacity in ml's

As far as what kind to use, just use any motorcycle specific oil or if you have to use a car oil make sure it's not one labelled "Energy Conserving" as those usually have a bunch of addiditives that don't play nice with the bike's wet clutch.

you are useless.. if i wanted too look at all of that i would have and not asked.. read my title.. i ask in order to get an answer..
and answers should look like this " 10w30 4 qts" or something like that not what you worte..

thanks

MrQuickR1
03-02-2007, 12:56 PM
as per manual....
20w40 or SAE20W40
or 10w30
yamalube...
I used Motul 10/40

with oil filter replacement 3.1 liters
without filter replacement 2.8 liters

Need anything else check the service manual
http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4408

Rev
03-02-2007, 01:09 PM
I don't have a yami but I use Motul on my RR. 4 quarts.

soda7o
03-02-2007, 01:19 PM
thanks Billy which brings me to my next question..
where to buy?
ron ayers? or anyone got anything better?

BurnCycle
03-02-2007, 02:06 PM
RTFM

soda7o
03-02-2007, 05:51 PM
RTFM

SOMN

CBRBob
03-02-2007, 06:01 PM
Ron Ayers for an oil change? Go to the dealer!

http://all-tribes.blogs.com/_alltribes_blog/images/rtfmvol2.gif

soda7o
03-02-2007, 06:33 PM
no dealers in Brooklyn.. and the only one will charge me an arm and a leg..

EvilSteve
03-02-2007, 07:20 PM
You're Russian, "borrow" someone else's arm and leg.

Changing oil is super easy dude, get the oil, the filter and crush washer and you should be good to go. Make sure the bike is warm but not hot. Put it on a rear stand and rotate the rear wheel after you've taken the drain plug out. Remove the filter, replace with the new one. Fill the filter most of the way up and put oil on the seal before you put the new one on. There are torque settings for all of this stuff but most mechanics will tell you to tighten to finger tight and then a quarter or half turn until you feel the crush washer do it's thing (crush that is). Fill the bike with oil and you're good to go. Usually fill to the top line in the sight glass (if there is one - Daytona 675 has a dipstick!). Make sure you double check your drain plug and filter a couple of times after you go for a ride to make sure they're still tight.

If you're not into all that then stop your whining and go pay a mechanic. lol :P

I did my last oil change but a mechanic friend of mine was telling me how to do it all. :D

sonny
03-02-2007, 07:28 PM
no dealers in Brooklyn.. and the only one will charge me an arm and a leg..

Dude.

I'll do it.

Bring a 6 pack and tools. you have to take care of the spent oil/filter though.

soda7o
03-02-2007, 10:23 PM
You're Russian, "borrow" someone else's arm and leg.

Changing oil is super easy dude, get the oil, the filter and crush washer and you should be good to go. Make sure the bike is warm but not hot. Put it on a rear stand and rotate the rear wheel after you've taken the drain plug out. Remove the filter, replace with the new one. Fill the filter most of the way up and put oil on the seal before you put the new one on. There are torque settings for all of this stuff but most mechanics will tell you to tighten to finger tight and then a quarter or half turn until you feel the crush washer do it's thing (crush that is). Fill the bike with oil and you're good to go. Usually fill to the top line in the sight glass (if there is one - Daytona 675 has a dipstick!). Make sure you double check your drain plug and filter a couple of times after you go for a ride to make sure they're still tight.

If you're not into all that then stop your whining and go pay a mechanic. lol :P

I did my last oil change but a mechanic friend of mine was telling me how to do it all. :D

I am not asking for youpeole to chaneg my oil.. I change and do all work on my bike (and frineds bikes and quad and cars and etc) i just needs supplies.. (ie oil, filter ) that is it..
there are no dealrs near me and the only one remotly close is a fucking rip off ... !!!!!!!!!!!! he double charges for everything. (ye seven oil and filter and he trates peopel liek a dick ( sad thing is he is a friend of my an dhe still tries to rip me off so i tellhim to fuck off)

all i want is to get the oil and filter form somewhere on thenet shipped to my house.. :)

i currently have to change brakes and oil on my friend R1 (the guy dave Evil you shoudl remeber him form the staten isld fiaso.. he sold his 03 r1 and got the 06 limited r1)
same on my Gix 750 (oil, brakes, and maybe tires)
i just finished off my quad (all fluids, bakes, and etc)
i have to replace the rear disk brake on my freinds raptor and change his oil too
i do all that stuff for my friends over the winter.. (i am the only one witha garage and tools oh yeha and aslo mechanically inclined)

John712
03-02-2007, 10:29 PM
Walmart has Motorcycle Oil Filters. look at the numbers on the oil filter you already have, match it up with the numbers in the book at one of the stores. of the filters on the shelf. now the oil is a different question. no matter where i went to buy oil for my bkes, i always spent a good to fair amount of money no matter where i went.

you might be paying more ($5 - $10) for the product shipped to your house as if you were to go buy it as a MC place, or a place that sells for MC's.

rpm cycle works
03-02-2007, 11:48 PM
Let us Know what you need. We will ship it right out to you.

EvilSteve
03-03-2007, 01:45 AM
Kon, I know all the guys at Ducati NYC, they might have the filter you need dude.

I hope Dave actually bought some gear to go with that awesome bike.

Cakes206
03-03-2007, 07:49 AM
I am not asking for youpeole to chaneg my oil.. I change and do all work on my bike
Ok, so where do you get your own oil from? ;)

RCM78
03-03-2007, 07:53 AM
Go to Wallmart and buy mobil one 15w50 with the RED cap. It's perfectly fine for bikes with wet clutches. Do not use the version with the GOLD cap...

soda7o
03-03-2007, 01:10 PM
Kon, I know all the guys at Ducati NYC, they might have the filter you need dude.

I hope Dave actually bought some gear to go with that awesome bike.

RPM ill pm you, what i need... thanks

ES - thanks for the offer if RPM does not go through ill let you know...
and No he did not get any new gear.. :lol: ( he does have gear tho.. he just didnt wear it that one time :wink:

Cakes - i don remeber where i buy my oil but usually of the internet... for me it is easier to order it and pay 10 bucks in shiiping than trying ot get off work early driving 30 minutes o a dealer and stillpaying almost the same (sometimes more) than what i would have paid on the new.. sometimes you just got to put a price on your time... my time (very limited free timei have ) is worth more

sonny
03-04-2007, 09:41 AM
GOOGLE!

www.buymoto.com
www.ronayers.com