PDA

View Full Version : Patriot and North 3/18 and 3/19

Mack
02-22-2007, 07:43 PM
Who's going? HOw is the weather every year...anyone want to ride down together from the burgh? I'm thinking about going. The itch is getting worse I don't think I can make it till april:roflmao:

Gigantic
02-22-2007, 09:07 PM
I won't be able to make it, because I'll be at Barber that weekend... I think the Yeti-boss will be there, though.
Did you get the new bike yet? pictures?
see ya in april,
Lance

Mack
02-22-2007, 09:29 PM
yeah I got the new bike...sitting in my garage in pieces...it has new body work on it so I'm painting it this weekend and just going over everything to make sure it's ready for the track...other then that I just need to set up the suspension....I'll get pics up soon or later...haha probably next weekend

IrocRob
02-23-2007, 12:07 AM
I'm going that weekend with 5 other familiar faces.
Myself, Hani(Hanz-Solo), Jim(JimRBlue),Stephan(MotoKit), Mike(mpr138), and Tom Matas.

STOP THINKING ABOUT IT - SEE YOU THERE! :ride:

RCM78
02-23-2007, 07:21 AM
I'm there...

yetidave
02-23-2007, 08:21 AM
I'm in.

ronin_01r1
02-23-2007, 09:05 AM
what do you all think about patriot? i've never been on it.. wondering if i should patriot/north or 2 days on south.

Mack
02-23-2007, 09:51 AM
alright I took the days off work....will sign up when I get home.....anyone want to trailer down together?

AfricanBootyScratcher
02-23-2007, 10:05 PM
I'll be there

Mack
02-23-2007, 10:07 PM
just signed up....finishing the prep on the GSXR this weekend...pics to come shortly.

RCM78
02-23-2007, 11:05 PM
what do you all think about patriot? i've never been on it.. wondering if i should patriot/north or 2 days on south.

Personally I like the south course better. Especially on the R1. The patriot course is very tight with no rest. It's a workout!!!

It's also a very technical track and is great for learning...

yetidave
02-24-2007, 09:23 AM
I've always wondered why they don't run either north, south, or even the grand instead of the patriot. The patriot ties up both north and south, so why not go for one the others instead?
The only reason I'm riding the patriot is because I want to ride North on Monday, and I'll be there anyway.

RCM78
02-24-2007, 09:28 AM
I've always wondered why they don't run either north, south, or even the grand instead of the patriot. The patriot ties up both north and south, so why not go for one the others instead?
The only reason I'm riding the patriot is because I want to ride North on Monday, and I'll be there anyway.

The patriot course runs in the center of the full course. Usually there are cars on the full when we are on the patriot.

Cakes206
02-24-2007, 09:36 AM
Pray it doesn't rain within 2 days of going, the paddock is grass/dirt/rock.

Jimmy
02-24-2007, 11:17 AM
The patriot course is very tight with no rest. It's a workout!!!

+1 You will be sore after riding the Patriot.

I'm gonna bring some plywood and set up along the road when I go in May. We'll see how that goes. You're right though, it's ridiculous calling it a pit area. More like a picnic area :lol:

ronin_01r1
02-24-2007, 12:25 PM
patriot does not seem worth the trip.. if i go, it'll be bc of north. i wish they had a south/north combo this year..

Mack
02-24-2007, 01:23 PM

I'm praying it doesn't snow 2 feet two days before:roflmao:

Cakes206
02-24-2007, 06:12 PM
I'm praying it doesn't snow 2 feet two days before:roflmao:
That too :lol:

RCM78
02-24-2007, 10:26 PM
patriot does not seem worth the trip.. if i go, it'll be bc of north. i wish they had a south/north combo this year..

We do. The last weekend in July is a south south north. Monday on north is a premier race day.

ronin_01r1
02-24-2007, 11:23 PM
We do. The last weekend in July is a south south north. Monday on north is a premier race day.

..that means monday is a 1/2 day?

RCM78
02-25-2007, 07:46 AM
..that means monday is a 1/2 day?

Yes, But we usually get 5 sessions in before the racing and maybe 1 session after the last race.

I forget what group your in but if it's red then you could sign up for a race...

yetidave
02-25-2007, 08:59 AM
The patriot course runs in the center of the full course. Usually there are cars on the full when we are on the patriot.

Ah, ok. That makes sense.

RCM78
02-25-2007, 10:10 AM
Ah, ok. That makes sense.

I do that once in a while. It's a bad habit.;)

tommymac
02-25-2007, 02:25 PM

I am planning to head down that weekend, figured I could ride 2 days on south then run a few sessions on north and likley get on the road early to head home.

Tom

lateapex
02-25-2007, 02:27 PM
I'll be there...

Ant
03-06-2007, 05:42 PM
+1 You will be sore after riding the Patriot.

I'm gonna bring some plywood and set up along the road when I go in May. We'll see how that goes. You're right though, it's ridiculous calling it a pit area. More like a picnic area :lol:

Ok so I'll bring a picnic basket.

yetidave
03-13-2007, 07:42 PM
So the forecast looks clear. Chilly, but clear.

TomMatas3
03-13-2007, 07:52 PM
i'm rolling down with Iroc's crew im on a black r6.. can't friggin wait!

doin ART Basic on Patriot Sunday

Mack
03-13-2007, 08:02 PM
So the forecast looks clear. Chilly, but clear.

It's supposed to be sunny and high 50's low 60's...doesn' sound that bad...I'm still hoping for 70's

yetidave
03-14-2007, 05:22 AM
It's supposed to be sunny and high 50's low 60's...doesn' sound that bad...I'm still hoping for 70's

I was talking about the lows in the mid 30's part. I wonder if VIR allows fires in fire pits.

lateapex
03-22-2007, 09:34 AM
Did you all have a good time? The weather was not the best on Sunday, a bit warmer on Monday but over all not bad riding weather considering it's March. We had a good time riding with everyone. Watching the Jacobson Kid ride was sight. He walked away from everyone on both tracks.

Did any of you catch Glen with Michele on the back in the blue group on the Patriot. It was a amazing site, considering the only one that did pass them was the kid Jacobson.

Note: The bike that went screaming down pit road on Monday for the first reg group session of the day was me. :lol: I had to set the tone for the day and hopefull got everyone revved up for the day.

Mack
03-22-2007, 10:53 AM
Had a great time all weekend. Could have been riding a little better but coming off a twin after 3 years an onto a inline was a big change. By the end of the day monday I was getting the hang of it and starting to get back into old form. Well beaver is right around the corner can't wait to see everyone there.

Dave

JimRBlue
03-22-2007, 11:26 AM
Had a great time there.

Cakes206
03-22-2007, 11:30 AM
Had a great time there.
Your first track day and thats all you have to say? C'mon man...how was it...what you think?

IrocRob
03-22-2007, 12:05 PM
I think a fine time was had by all, with the possible exception of the guy
who crashed and fractured his collarbone. Apparently I was taking it a
bit too easy for the Blue group :doh: and they bumped me back to Red, so I
had some fun passing people instead of just trying to work on my lines
and get smooth again. :ride: See you at BeaveRun! :ride:

yetidave
03-22-2007, 01:35 PM
Note: The bike that went screaming down pit road on Monday for the first reg group session of the day was me. :lol: I had to set the tone for the day and hopefull got everyone revved up for the day.

I was right behind you when you did that. Did Gallo bark at you too?

lateapex
03-22-2007, 01:36 PM
I think a fine time was had by all, with the possible exception of the guy
who crashed and fractured his collarbone. Apparently I was taking it a
bit too easy for the Blue group :doh: and they bumped me back to Red, so I
had some fun passing people instead of just trying to work on my lines
and get smooth again. :ride: See you at BeaveRun! :ride:

From what I heard he's doing better. Also Dafan crashed at the top of the roller coaster but showed up later with his arm in sling and feeling better.

Were you on the GSXR with the purple tail?

lateapex
03-22-2007, 01:58 PM
I was right behind you when you did that. Did Gallo bark at you too?

I waited for my group of riders in turn 1 and had them in tow along the front straight where Gallo was watching for me. I planned it out sitting on the grid and I figured after that I'd have some eyes on me. Sorry if I brought some un-needed attention to you. Gallo was cool about it, since I was actually coaching others.

IrocRob
03-22-2007, 03:16 PM
Were you on the GSXR with the purple tail?

No, I'm the guy in the gray leathers with "checkered flag" stripes
which are bordered by blue/yellow and red/green stripes.
I'm riding an '03 solid silver GSX-R1000 with no decals,
just the "Suzuki" on the tank.

I remember who you are talking about though, he was bumped from
blue to red also, along with at least one other guy.

yetidave
03-22-2007, 04:32 PM
I waited for my group of riders in turn 1 and had them in tow along the front straight where Gallo was watching for me. I planned it out sitting on the grid and I figured after that I'd have some eyes on me. Sorry if I brought some un-needed attention to you. Gallo was cool about it, since I was actually coaching others.

Lol, you didn't bring any heat down on me, I did that myself. On lap two I went full speed down the front straight trying to get some heat in my tires. I got pee pee slapped for that one.

TomMatas3
03-22-2007, 04:45 PM
holy sheiit.. VIR rocked!! Patriot destroyed me.. when i came off the track and had no strength to get off my bike I decided to call it for the day and skipped the last 2 sessions.. glad I did though because North was insane amounts of fun

JimRBlue
03-22-2007, 06:38 PM
:doh: It was an absolute blast! I learned much and i think everyone should do it at least once. Plus, it was fun blowin by tom in the turns, well it was a straight line to me :-D

Here are Rob and Stefan.

Rob

http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a188/resnikj/VIR/?action=view&current=MOV01054.flv

Stefan

http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a188/resnikj/VIR/?action=view&current=MOV01047.flv

Oops Try now

Cakes206
03-22-2007, 07:20 PM
Awesome...glad y'all had fun.

ps- photo bucket links don't work.

lateapex
03-22-2007, 07:28 PM
No, I'm the guy in the gray leathers with "checkered flag" stripes
which are bordered by blue/yellow and red/green stripes.
I'm riding an '03 solid silver GSX-R1000 with no decals,
just the "Suzuki" on the tank.

I remember who you are talking about though, he was bumped from
blue to red also, along with at least one other guy.

I saw you out there, you were doing well. I was pitted next to the other guy that got bumped down.

"Lol, you didn't bring any heat down on me, I did that myself. On lap two I went full speed down the front straight trying to get some heat in my tires. I got pee pee slapped for that one."

We all do it once a year, you just got it over with early. We now have to wait for our turn. I was black flagged by Linda once, she didn't realize Glen and I were working together in the red group. It's all good though.

Glad everyone had a good time. Can't wait to get to the track again.

EvilSteve
03-23-2007, 12:09 AM
Cool shots Jim, thanks. :)

TomMatas3
03-23-2007, 05:29 PM
Plus, it was fun blowin by tom in the turns, well it was a straight line to me :-D

the only stright line u got is the crack of yo ass.. it's on @ Mt T. fucker.. :ride:

JimRBlue
03-24-2007, 06:10 PM
the only stright line u got is the crack of yo ass.. it's on @ Mt T. fucker.. :ride:

At least you got to stare at it for some time til I gave you all my secrets!! LOL. but seriously tom .. Way to hustle out there. It really did you a world of good. A real improvement in speed, lean, and turns. Just watch out for outback stops!! LOL.