PDA

View Full Version : Honda Service Centers???

acronut
02-22-2007, 02:07 PM
Hey folks I've got 800 miles on the new CBR1000RR and I guess I'll let a Honda dealer do the first oil change etc so my warranty never gets questioned. Anybody in West Jersey or East PA have any good or bad experiences with dealers around here. Looks like Scott Powersports in Coopersburg or Pen Argyle Cycles are the two closest to me.

SPRHK
02-22-2007, 02:15 PM
Hey folks I've got 800 miles on the new CBR1000RR and I guess I'll let a Honda dealer do the first oil change etc so my warranty never gets questioned. Anybody in West Jersey or East PA have any good or bad experiences with dealers around here. Looks like Scott Powersports in Coopersburg or Pen Argyle Cycles are the two closest to me.

Never dealt with Scotts and only purchased bikes from Pen Argyl. Change your own oil. It doesn't state anywhere that if you change your own oil, It will void warranty.Just use a good quality oil and a oem honda oil filter.

duc748pilot
02-22-2007, 02:22 PM
change your oil save your receipts. their first service consists of visually looking over the bike, checking torque values on major component bolts like axles, calipers etc etc. checking brake fluid and coolant. checking tire pressure. and then bending the customer over on the front counter while he/she swipes the credit card.

half the shit they dont even do.

soda7o
02-22-2007, 02:46 PM
change your oil save your receipts. their first service consists of visually looking over the bike, checking torque values on major component bolts like axles, calipers etc etc. checking brake fluid and coolant. checking tire pressure. and then bending the customer over on the front counter while he/she swipes the credit card.

half the shit they dont even do.

i think they pretty much just do an oil change and rape you.. !
many o dealers have been caught saying they did everythign inthe book but didint do squat except for oil change
do it your self..

duc748pilot
02-22-2007, 04:02 PM
hence they dont do half the shit.

soda you going up to hunter anymore. Hijack. sorry

soda7o
02-22-2007, 04:15 PM
hence they dont do half the shit.

soda you going up to hunter anymore. Hijack. sorry

might be up ther ethis weekend... or next weekend.. not sure..

CBRBob
02-22-2007, 06:18 PM
Learn to do your own oil changes. It's a Honda, it will most likely never see the service dept. anyway.

High_Revs_17
02-22-2007, 06:42 PM
If you've never changed the oil on a bike before just be sure you DO NOT overtighten the drain bolt after the oil's drained. That steel bolt will easily strip the threads on the aluminum oil pan, then you're F-ed. Just enough pressure will do, and if you have a torque wrench that's even better...it beats paying several hundred dollars just for an oil change and a "bike inspection".