PDA

View Full Version : Sleep

pmdez
07-22-2005, 11:30 AM
occasionally i'll have trouble falling asleep at night. a glass of milk at night helps most of the time but last night i was so busy running around that i didn't eat dinner. i had the best sleep i've had in a LONG time. because of night classes, alot of times i don't eat dinner until i get home which is usually after 9 p.m. i think i found the culprit for my restless nights. i shouldn't eat dinner...say after 7 p.m. or so. it'll be tough with school but i guess i can bring things to snack on in class. i'll take a good night's sleep anytime.

anyone else find this true for them?

Vin
07-22-2005, 11:35 AM
occasionally i'll have trouble falling asleep at night. a glass of milk at night helps most of the time but last night i was so busy running around that i didn't eat dinner. i had the best sleep i've had in a LONG time. because of night classes, alot of times i don't eat dinner until i get home which is usually after 9 p.m. i think i found the culprit for my restless nights. i shouldn't eat dinner...say after 7 p.m. or so. it'll be tough with school but i guess i can bring things to snack on in class. i'll take a good night's sleep anytime.

Yep. I try to eat 3 hours before bed, have been able to go to sleep quickly since then.

DougZ
07-22-2005, 11:40 AM
I never eat close to sleeping. I have a hiatus hernia ( espogial sphincter doesn't close correctly), so if I eat too close to laying down, what ever is undigested in my stomach, will come up into my esphogus and give me bad heart burn, or make me have to expel it.

As far as trouble sleeping...very rare..but guys can just " rub one out" and then sleep like a baby. ;) :)

pmdez
07-22-2005, 11:46 AM
3 hours huh?

geez, it's amazing how much your body changes over the years...i remember when i would come back from a night of partying, stop at mickey d's @ 3 or 4 in the a.m., pig out and be knocked out as soon as my head hit the pillow.

no way i could do that now, not only would i be up all night, i'd also be a fat pig :fail:

Kawibabe
07-22-2005, 11:52 AM
I don't normally have problems going to sleep as soon as I lay down in bed. I have noticed it takes me a bit longer to want to go lay down on nights I have school. I don't get out of class until almost 10pm. That sucks. :(

pmdez
07-22-2005, 12:02 PM
I never eat close to sleeping. I have a hiatus hernia ( espogial sphincter doesn't close correctly), so if I eat too close to laying down, what ever is undigested in my stomach, will come up into my esphogus and give me bad heart burn, or make me have to expel it.

illllll :puke1:

(j/k)

As far as trouble sleeping...very rare..but guys can just " rub one out" and then sleep like a baby. ;) :)

:twak: :lol:

(hmmm, might work for women too :bigblush: )

DougZ
07-22-2005, 12:02 PM
3 hours huh?

geez, it's amazing how much your body changes over the years...i remember when i would come back from a night of partying, stop at mickey d's @ 3 or 4 in the a.m., pig out and be knocked out as soon as my head hit the pillow.

no way i could do that now, not only would i be up all night, i'd also be a fat pig :fail:

yep, getting old sucks monkey balls. :)

soda7o
07-22-2005, 12:08 PM
Sleep is the couin of death...... youll sleep when youare dead...
i go to sleep on the avg at 2 am and wake up at 6ish....

xstortion
07-22-2005, 12:25 PM

I am in the same boat as u as far as night classes/work. I try not to eat past 9 because it just stays in your body and it doesn't work it off. I usually go to bed at around midnight so if I eat at 8 or 9 I am usually ok. As far as having trouble sleeping just read something from your class while u are in bed, u will fall asleep in 5 minutes

neebelung
07-22-2005, 12:32 PM
I used to have a horrible time with insomnia when I was younger (had to take all kinds of supplements in order to sleep, etc....) but as I get older, I find I sleep much more easily. Shoot, all I have to do is lay down and attempt to watch a movie on the couch, and I'm out cold! :lol:

duc748pilot
07-22-2005, 12:32 PM
i have trouble sleeping every night. mostly due to medication from my surgeries. after both i was on percaset for over a month afterwards....and for me it had the reverse effect....i was up at 4 am cleaning the basement....my room...watching tv...my sleep still isnt right because of it. and i cannot figue out anything to correct it.

Ant
07-22-2005, 12:49 PM
That's weird, I'm the opposite. I usually want to fall asleep like 15 mins. after eating.

pmdez
07-22-2005, 02:25 PM
i have trouble sleeping every night. mostly due to medication from my surgeries. after both i was on percaset for over a month afterwards....and for me it had the reverse effect....i was up at 4 am cleaning the basement....my room...watching tv...my sleep still isnt right because of it. and i cannot figue out anything to correct it.

that SUCKS!! if i don't get a good night's sleep, i feel horrible the next day!
have you tried warm milk, chamomile tea, or maybe working out?

Commuta_Busa
07-22-2005, 02:30 PM
I do it more of a european way... large lunch light dinner....easier on the tummy :)

duc748pilot
07-22-2005, 02:36 PM
that SUCKS!! if i don't get a good night's sleep, i feel horrible the next day!
have you tried warm milk, chamomile tea, or maybe working out?

i cant drink milk anymore...especially at night. my surgery's were abdominal. stomach and bowel. i guess it kinda made me lactose intolerant. i tried the tea thing but didnt do anything. ive been mtn biking a lot....and eating healthier. my body feels a lot better. not as tired during the day but still dont get much sleep at night. i'll normally fall asleep around 12-1 and wake at 7:45. idk :wow:

neebelung
07-22-2005, 03:16 PM
I do it more of a european way... large lunch light dinner....easier on the tummy :)Yeah, we're kinda leaning that way..... not necessarily a LARGE lunch, but definitely a lighter dinner... more veggies, fruits, etc.... Definitely makes for better sleep.

njf4i
07-22-2005, 06:05 PM
Wow i must be consider the mess of the group. I eat crappy all most all day. Usually some fast food or quick check/wawa sandwich.

I usually do eat a good home cooked meal for dinner. But after class, riding, gf time and all that crap, i come home and snack.

Know wonder i can't fall asleep at 10pm if im in my bed. Its like a program that won't let me sleep until 12 every night.

The only cure i found (and rubbing batches doesn't work) is when i get hammered early i can just pass out. But i only do that about once a month (damn i'm old) and i usually feel like complete garbage the next day.