PDA

View Full Version : Tax returns

ZeRo_C0oL
02-15-2007, 11:21 AM
What the hell is up with the tax returns this year? I got my state back already (direct deposit), but my federal is no where to be found. I've never received state back before federal! Normally I don't really get much of a return at all.. This is the biggest return I've ever received, and it's probably still less than 1/4 of what the average person receives, but I'm happy none the less.

...so where the hell is my federal tax returns? Anyone else get state back but not federal? Is that common?

I'm going to need the money! I've missed three days of work and things are tight right now.

tsxguy77
02-15-2007, 12:48 PM
Hey man, the same thing just happened to me! I got my state a few days ago, but go to this link and you can see the exact date you will have your fed taxes issued to you.

https://sa1.www4.irs.gov/irfof/lang/en/irfofgetstatus.jsp

Rev
02-15-2007, 04:32 PM
When is the deadline for taxes..lol.

Barbi
02-15-2007, 04:36 PM
WOOHOOOO gettin my return 2/16 :) thats tomorrow!!! :hyper:

thats new tires :hyper:
thats a track day :hyper:
thats a valve adjustment :hyper:

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

soda7o
02-15-2007, 04:39 PM
wow i have not eve got my shit togehter yet... i am not even thinking about going to the accountant yet... illprobably file an extension anyway..

tsxguy77
02-15-2007, 08:23 PM
Im getting mine tomorrow too! Im pretty sure the deadline is April 15th. I got my W2 form on Friday Feb 2nd and I had it filed that same night. I want my money!

Cakes206
02-15-2007, 09:40 PM
it's probably still less than 1/4 of what the average person receives
When people get a lot back, they're paying more throughout the year, letting the government play with more money...look at it this way, its better than having to pay back thats for sure.

ZeRo_C0oL
02-15-2007, 10:34 PM
When people get a lot back, they're paying more throughout the year, letting the government play with more money...look at it this way, its better than having to pay back thats for sure.

I know. I don't give the gov interest free loans.. :p

soda7o
02-16-2007, 10:36 AM

amen to that.. all you are doing is giving the govt an interest free loan to do what they will with it..
think of th eopportunity cost you are loosing..? taxes are a complete BS..
my parents get back lik2 8 K a year.. why not just adjust their tax bracket and have them not pay 8k a year ot the govt...

this is why i do not pay taxes... !!

tsxguy77
02-16-2007, 11:07 AM
amen to that.. all you are doing is giving the govt an interest free loan to do what they will with it..
think of th eopportunity cost you are loosing..? taxes are a complete BS..
my parents get back lik2 8 K a year.. why not just adjust their tax bracket and have them not pay 8k a year ot the govt...

this is why i do not pay taxes... !!

Because you can not adjust it to a point where you break even so either you get money back or you owe. I hate having to come up with extra $$ at the end of the year so I like getting money back.

soda7o
02-16-2007, 12:20 PM
Because you can not adjust it to a point where you break even so either you get money back or you owe. I hate having to come up with extra $$ at the end of the year so I like getting money back.

now think of opportunity cost.. lets say you get back 6K a year thats 500 a month.. imagin what you can do with 500 a month .. even putting it in a CD or a saving account will generate you a min of 5% return .. giving it to the govt generates you... well NOTHING
now you can also invest that money.. buy stock or other stuff.. etc etc

its attitude like yours that amazes me.. people are so caught up in it... " ooh i am getting money back.. whoopie.. " ITS YOUR FUCKING MONEY IN THE FIRST PLACE... !!!!!!!!!

if you like getting money back than just give me money on a monthly basis and ill give it back to you. ill even give it back to you with a % on top...(small one )

this is why none of my mortgages have escrow accounts.. and i pay my own taxes and insurance on all my properties.. just for that reason.. why give my money to some one else and let them make $$ of it while you get nothing in return.. because i do not have escrow accounts and pay my own insurance and tax for all my properties i make about 1000 dollars a year from all that money that i hold on to thorugh out the months... that means 65% of my car insurance gets paid for :) and all bills still get paid just like if i would be puttign it towards escrow..

think about it... i rather come up with a few K at the end of the year than get back my own money while the gove got profits from it and i dont get crap!

yb929rr
02-16-2007, 01:13 PM
quick question. i was told in nj you have to have the mortgage co. pay the taxes and stuff????

soda7o
02-16-2007, 01:15 PM
quick question. i was told in nj you have to have the mortgage co. pay the taxes and stuff????

Not sure if this is 100% true.. but in NY PA AND FL i dont have escrows and still have mortgages.

it is more profitable for the mortgage company to do that.. sometimes they will charge a small fee to eliminate escrow.. i think i was charged liek 200 bucks when i refied my PA home.. I made all of that back and than some by not having escrow and putting that money into a savings account instead of giving it to the bank
but talk to Rev he will be able to toell you about NJ

ZeRo_C0oL
02-16-2007, 01:16 PM
How many fucking houses do you have, and what do you do? Good lord...

yb929rr
02-16-2007, 01:22 PM
thanks. because i'm w/ you i'm not rich enough to make anyone else rich. i need my money!

soda7o
02-16-2007, 01:23 PM
How many fucking houses do you have, and what do you do? Good lord...

i compete with THE DONALD!
:) ( i wish)
not many...

Marker54
02-16-2007, 03:18 PM

It is not manditory in NJ that you set up ecrow through the mortgage company. The banks prefer escrow so they can be sure that you are paying the taxes on time, (ie. no state liens being filed against the home for unpaid taxes) and so that they know the home (thier money) is being insured.

I deal with shit when ever I write a Homeowners policy. Unless you put down 50%, the bank will "stongly suggest" that the taxes & insurance is paid through escrow.

Kind of a bull shit deal, but it usually helps new homeowners anyway because your first year of ownership usually comes with serious personal budgeting issues. Being smacked with a ~$2k quarterly tax payment right after a closing usually means your checking account is bouncing higher the a rubebr super ball!!

soda7o
02-16-2007, 03:28 PM
It is not manditory in NJ that you set up ecrow through the mortgage company. The banks prefer escrow so they can be sure that you are paying the taxes on time, (ie. no state liens being filed against the home for unpaid taxes) and so that they know the home (thier money) is being insured.

I deal with shit when ever I write a Homeowners policy. Unless you put down 50%, the bank will "stongly suggest" that the taxes & insurance is paid through escrow.

Kind of a bull shit deal, but it usually helps new homeowners anyway because your first year of ownership usually comes with serious personal budgeting issues. Being smacked with a ~$2k quarterly tax payment right after a closing usually means your checking account is bouncing higher the a rubebr super ball!!

before buying a home youshoudl knwo what youa re getting into and have enough$$

Mack
02-16-2007, 03:37 PM
It also depends on how much money you're putting down on your house. For instance since I didn't put shit down on my house I had to put my home owners into an escrow for at least the first year. Anywya I'm getting like 2K back it will definately pay off a few bills.

Marker54
02-16-2007, 05:45 PM
before buying a home youshoudl knwo what youa re getting into and have enough$$

Yeah, but they never do! Thats why people are stupid, and banks love stupid people.

yb929rr
02-21-2007, 12:49 PM
how do i go about stopping the escrow accout, if anyone knows?

soda7o
02-21-2007, 01:29 PM
how do i go about stopping the escrow accout, if anyone knows?

call your bank...

yb929rr
02-21-2007, 01:38 PM
:doh: good thinking. thanks.