PDA

View Full Version : Deer: 1, DSH: 0

DSH
07-21-2005, 06:56 PM
freak accident this morning.

was riding to work this morning and a deer got clobbered on the opposite side of the road and flew into left lane of my side. there was a car 2-3 car lengths ahead of me so i swerve right to pass and the motherfukka swerves into me instead of just braking. i managed not to get hit by him but still got run off the road.

i go down and as i get up i see the deer pick itself up and clambor up the side of the mountain. WTF?!?! bike is now out of commission until further notice.

there are a lot of "could've, should've, would've's" but right now i have 2 questions:

1) how can i go after this guy to pay all my damage costs and not have my insurance premiums jacked up? Progressive Insurance right now saying it was a "one vehicle accident" and not much likelihood of cashing in on the dirty old bastard or the deer.

2) anyone know much about hunting deer and/or old men?

thx

FigNewTon
07-21-2005, 07:05 PM
That sux man...sorry to hear about your bike. Most important thing is you are alright. Unfortunately I don't think you have to good a chance of going after the driver. I would push the deer with Progressive and see if that will cover you based on that. As for your second question...talk to NJf4i, he knows a lot about hunting deer and old men :LOL:

Cakes206
07-21-2005, 07:14 PM
Damn man...totally suxors...but like Matt said, you're ok and here to post about it...how bad is the bike...does it run? Have any pics?

ronin_01r1
07-21-2005, 07:49 PM
what a freak accident. glad that you can walk away from this unscathed!

xstortion
07-21-2005, 08:45 PM
sue the deer

Vin
07-21-2005, 08:58 PM
Sorry to hear about the bike, but glad you're ok.

Honestly, I'm not sure there's much you can do regarding getting the other guy to pay for damages (do you even have his plate?) since there was no contact made.

I had a similar incident where I was stopped at a stop sign in my truck, began pulling out and narrowly avoided some prick flying down the block. He swerved to avoid me and grazed a fence. Cops came, asked if I made contact with him, said no, and he told me to leave. I think it'd be a likely situation with you.

njf4i
07-21-2005, 11:07 PM
freak accident this morning.

was riding to work this morning and a deer got clobbered on the opposite side of the road and flew into left lane of my side. there was a car 2-3 car lengths ahead of me so i swerve right to pass and the motherfukka swerves into me instead of just braking. i managed not to get hit by him but still got run off the road.

2) anyone know much about hunting deer and/or old men?

thx

Well im sorry to hear about your accident. Just remember bikes can be fixed.

As for the deer, just let me know where and when and i'll take care of the problem. Bow & Arrow season starts in september. :evil2:

Kawibabe
07-21-2005, 11:13 PM
I'm soo sorry to hear of you freak accident. :( What the above have said is correct.

xstortion
07-22-2005, 08:44 AM
Well im sorry to hear about your accident. Just remember bikes can be fixed.

As for the deer, just let me know where and when and i'll take care of the problem. Bow & Arrow season starts in september. :evil2:

U really use a bow and arrow? That must be insane

Ant
07-22-2005, 08:48 AM

Honestly, I'm not sure there's much you can do regarding getting the other guy to pay for damages (do you even have his plate?) since there was no contact made.

I had a similar incident where I was stopped at a stop sign in my truck, began pulling out and narrowly avoided some prick flying down the block. He swerved to avoid me and grazed a fence. Cops came, asked if I made contact with him, said no, and he told me to leave. I think it'd be a likely situation with you.

Yeah but I think swerving over a double yellow is different. If not, then I'm just gonna start swerving at people on 287 and 80 to make them crash. Just have to make sure no contact was made and I'm set. :crazy:

DougZ
07-22-2005, 08:51 AM
That sux, but good thing you are OK.

Vin
07-22-2005, 09:43 AM
Yeah but I think swerving over a double yellow is different. If not, then I'm just gonna start swerving at people on 287 and 80 to make them crash. Just have to make sure no contact was made and I'm set. :crazy:

There was no double yellow in my case. It was a one way and he was well above the speed limit. I'm as cautious a driver as I am a rider.

Taz
07-22-2005, 10:05 AM
I'm glad your ok. The bike can be fixed.

DSH
07-22-2005, 06:31 PM
I'm soo sorry to hear of you freak accident. :( What the above have said is correct.

how about suing him. do i have a chance down that path?

Cakes206
07-22-2005, 06:42 PM
how about suing him. do i have a chance down that path?

Did they actually come into contact with you? Did they stop? Did you get a police report?

soda7o
07-22-2005, 07:04 PM

contact doe snot have to be made in order for th eother guy to be responsibel but htan againyou also have to be inthe right.. i am not sure what exazctlyhappend be glad youare ok and a bike can always be fixed...

ronin_01r1
07-22-2005, 08:54 PM
DAMMMMMMM....you hunt deer with a bow and arrow??? that's badass!

soda7o
07-22-2005, 09:13 PM
DAMMMMMMM....you hunt deer with a bow and arrow??? that's badass!

i am assuming you are talking about njf4i yup he is a nut job..but if youthink thats bad i killthem withmy hands... :lol:

speaking of hunting and deer.. Nick i ned that info on the hunting license stuff in PA i want to hunt this season.. ( or atleast shoot things)